Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2010, 06:47 AM   #451
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Shall we rename the "September Challenge" social group to "Monthly Challenge" and do the selection etc in there?
That works too Uccemb. I like that!

09-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #452
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
That works too Uccemb. I like that!
Great. I've submitted a request to the moderators cos I can't rename the groups myself. Which makes sense, I suppose. Also, if anyone would like to nominate some replacement pics I'll happily change them.
09-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #453
Pentaxian

Confusion...Will be my Epitaph

With so many different ideas floating around for next month, I think it best to start a new thread with a general outline of what's happening (yes, I know it's still in the Jello stage right now).

Is it a set list scavenger-hunt-type thing? I can see my brain freeze starting trying to come up with interesting things for my partner to shoot. Sub $50 lens? Lens swap? Single lens or any you have? Posting photos as taken, or just at the end? What happens in an odd-man/woman-out situation.

I could see some "master-list" made of shot top[ics, which the partners then choose from, whether specifically or randomly.

Just some thoughts...
09-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #454
axl
Inactive Account

Shall we rename the "September Challenge" social group to "Monthly Challenge" and do the selection etc in there?
+1 to this notion

I'm okay with a new thread for October. "Coupled in October" would be kind of cool!
As to the photo swap we can just continue the thread in SiS if that is okay with the group of us.
I guess I need a list of all who want to participate so start signing up in this thread if you want to partake in the photo swap at the end of the month. I will do the draw on Oct 1 probably around 7pm Pacific Time (8pm my time in Calgary) if that works for everybody.
Will the new thread C.I.O. ( ) start before or after draw?
I'm in on the photoswap (we are doing it for SiS, right?)

Great. I've submitted a request to the moderators cos I can't rename the groups myself. Which makes sense, I suppose. Also, if anyone would like to nominate some replacement pics I'll happily change them.
cool, hope that's going to get done quickly....

09-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #455
axl
Inactive Account

21/09 is up. Did my selfportrait today as I wasn't bothered to go anywhere... I have to say I rather enjoyed it
09-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #456
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I'm in on the photoswap (we are doing it for SiS, right?).
Yes I think for the SiS particpants this would be a good memento of the event.
So far axl and I are in on the swap officially...anybody else?

And I agree with so many ideas floating around we need one person to come up with a summary of CiO challenge officially.

More brainstorming:
Maybe we can form teams of 2 and come up with a master list of items to find/photo in the month as I like the scavenger hunt idea.
Ie....in the month we as a team have to find each an example of all of these. That means 2 shots of these items that we submit as a team

An interpretation of a song title
An interpretation of a book title
An interpretation of a famous quote
An interpretation of a holiday
A photo representing something where you live is known for
Something concrete and/or tangible
Something abstract and/or obscure
A beginning and an ending
Any thoughts?
Feel free to add to the list if you like.....Just bashing out ideas here so feel free to also say if it is not a great idea.
09-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #457
Veteran Member

I'm up for the photo swap too, and the book.

09-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #458
axl
Inactive Account

I'm up for the photo swap too, and the book.
if the book is happening I'm definitely in
09-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #459
axl
Inactive Account

And I agree with so many ideas floating around we need one person to come up with a summary of CiO challenge officially.

More brainstorming:
Maybe we can form teams of 2 and come up with a master list of items to find/photo in the month as I like the scavenger hunt idea.
Ie....in the month we as a team have to find each an example of all of these. That means 2 shots of these items that we submit as a team

Any thoughts?
Feel free to add to the list if you like.....Just bashing out ideas here so feel free to also say if it is not a great idea.
not bad idea Lisa but then I don't see the point of being in teams of 2. If we were doing it as singles, then yeah, photo scavenger game would be fun, but I think we should keep it for other challenge (maybe November scavenger ).
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #460
Site Supporter

I'm behind on posting the SiS but will get them caught up by the last day of September.
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #461
axl
Inactive Account

I went for it...

Hope you all are ok with this but I took the liberty to create CiO thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/11529...ml#post1191157
Anybody who would like to enter, read and follow... any suggestions for the challenge are very welcome, rules and guidelines are not finalized yet. I'm sure we can reach some agreement.

Regards
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #462
Veteran Member

The groups have been renamed. I have orders from Adam to get "all of the photos from the challenge into the group". 8)

The scavenger hunts I've done in the past were simply lists of concepts. Some people found it very hard and only wanted to do one of the list....
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #463
Veteran Member

Photo Swap list

Lisa (casil403)
Stillshunter
axl
uccemebug

Axl I am borrowing your line in CIO to help add to names...will make this easier so thanks.

Photo Swap - Single in September
Swap your fave (or your partner's fave) 8X10 photo from the challenge series.

If you wish to enter the SiS photo swap, please copy and paste the names of members in above and add yourself at the end. Closing date for entry is 30/09/2010 I will draw swappers on Oct 01 2010 at 7pm Pacific daylight savings time and post the results here and in the Monthly photo Challenges social group.
"Swapees" then can pm each other and exchange further information privately.
09-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #464
Veteran Member

More brainstorming:

Any thoughts?
This looks as though it is starting to get a bit complex. My original idea was for one partner to pick a theme (e.g landscape or still life) for the other partner to shoot to for the whole month with maybe a limit of 10-15 pictures to be uploaded over that time. That way I, for instance, maybe shooting abstract for the month which I have never done much of before (in fact I would have to research the definition of abstract first) and will hopefully improve my skills in this area.

This is just my opinion as I generally operate by the KISS principle. Feel free to do as Lisa is suggesting or any other suggestions - as long as everybody is happy

Sam
09-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
This looks as though it is starting to get a bit complex. My original idea was for one partner to pick a theme (e.g landscape or still life) for the other partner to shoot to for the whole month with maybe a limit of 10-15 pictures to be uploaded over that time. That way I, for instance, maybe shooting abstract for the month which I have never done much of before (in fact I would have to research the definition of abstract first) and will hopefully improve my skills in this area.

This is just my opinion as I generally operate by the KISS principle. Feel free to do as Lisa is suggesting or any other suggestions - as long as everybody is happy

Sam
That's okay Sam...I was just brainstorming ideas...no worries. KISS Works for me also...Less PITA factor the better.
I like your idea way better.

+1 from me on Sam's Idea...to make it official.