Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #481
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like this challenge.
Last 5 of my shots admitted to PPG were products of this challenge we have to do this more often guys

I'm talking of these:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/17111-pentax-photo-galle...ml#post1192641
and these
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/17111-pentax-photo-galle...ml#post1184623

09-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #482
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I really like this challenge.
Last 5 of my shots admitted to PPG were products of this challenge we have to do this more often guys

I'm talking of these:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/17111-pentax-photo-galle...ml#post1192641
and these
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/17111-pentax-photo-galle...ml#post1184623
My pics don't seem to have been reviewed yet at PPG? No matter, I'm just happy for a place to share pics with others who are actively contributing and enjoy sharing images. I do find that I'm spending a bit more time to make the photos worth looking at.
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #483
axl
Veteran Member

22 is up...
bad day... only took 5 shots, 2 were OOF and two were kind of subjectless.... this is best it got. slightly missed the focus and and had to crop heavily.... oh well only 8 more to go....but I have to say this is getting uphill struggle...
09-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #484
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
My pics don't seem to have been reviewed yet at PPG? No matter, I'm just happy for a place to share pics with others who are actively contributing and enjoy sharing images. I do find that I'm spending a bit more time to make the photos worth looking at.
Some of mine have taken 3 or more weeks to appear on PPG.
I vote very frequently, but haven't seen any of yours yet uccemebug, but I have seen one of axl's and one of stills' photos.

BTW My hoverfly photo from day 6 has made it to the PPG Premiere Collection! (please excuse my bragging 8-0 hehehe)

I agree with axl, the challenge has helped us all, and am trying to free up some time to participate in the Octoberfest!

09-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Sam and Icy,
have a look here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/11529...ml?src=subsct2
if it rocks your boat, jump in....
Thanks axl, I'll get signed up. I'm happy to do whatever you guys decide as I won't have much time over the next week to post much discussion.
I noticed Adam has asked us to combine all our albums into a group one in the social group thread.
I'm a bit behind posting my pics so will do it when I get a chance.

Sam
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #486

All clear no more whopping cough I can go go back to work now.
But first a walk with my camera and take a pic for today.

Jackass well done mate we will have to catch up some time seeing we are only a few km away
Mark
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #487
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for nothing stillshunter, I thought the whole idea of this challenge was to cure LBA. Since it started I have bought M75-150, K55/1.8, monopod and last night forked out for an A20/2.8. If our partners are picking the lens for us for the next challenge I hope it is one of those.

09-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #488
Veteran Member

Geez I was hoping my partner insisted I use the M501.2, DA 12-24 or DA* 18-55... or FA 600.... I would really like if they picked the 600!
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #489
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Geez I was hoping my partner insisted I use the M501.2, DA 12-24 or DA* 18-55... or FA 600.... I would really like if they picked the 600!
Do you think we are allowed to put an order in Jord?
09-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #490
Veteran Member

My schedule the past week or so has kept me too busy to do any more than post my photos. I have not had much time to view the results you guys have been posting. Thanks to all who have viewed my efforts and special thanks for comments. I have been able to briefly see some albums and post comments but I have promised myself to spend this weekend catching up with this thread and all the albums. From the limited viewing it seems everyone has been stepping up the bar of excellence. Bravo to all of you.
09-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #491
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The last four days have been posted. I think they are a bit out of focus, or that might just be the two glasses of wine consumed in processing them.
09-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #492
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm with Axl. I've had five SiS shots accepted by PPG, with five more pending review....and two declined On the whole, very, very happy with this. So another fringe benefit of this challenge

? Meanwhile, another benefit that I'm beginning to notice and wondered if any other's were starting to notice this too?
I admit to being a shutterbug from an early age, but am only a very late comer to a more contemplative approach to photography. I have read many books that talk about 'developing your own style'. Well I've always gotten frustrated at the fact that, well I got no style . But then maybe I was trying too hard to find it. Recently when I look at my portfolio for the month, as varied as the photos are, I think I'm starting to sense a common denominator developing. I won't say what I think it is....because it is still in progress and needs a little more pondering on my behalf. But, all that said, I wondered whether anyone else has noticed that the pressure to frame a daily scene is also starting to reveal a little more about you as a photographer and your personal style?

Meanwhile:
QuoteQuote:
Thanks for nothing stillshunter, I thought the whole idea of this challenge was to cure LBA. Since it started I have bought M75-150, K55/1.8, monopod and last night forked out for an A20/2.8. If our partners are picking the lens for us for the next challenge I hope it is one of those.
C'mon mate, fair shake of the sauce bottle... this can't be my fault! If you went out and got yourself a 50/1.2, Lensbaby or crazy-wide FE then I'd stand up and be counted. But you went and got yourself some glass untested - so untempted - through this challenge. All you need to get now mate, is some serious help....LBA is a disease and through our program you'll need to really show a higher level of committment to the 12 steps, heart and soul. A sponsor will be allocated to you by Lisa in October, but your next month's companion can only do so much.... the rest, my friend is up to you, your will and your resolve!
09-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #493
Veteran Member

I just dropped of my film... they will have it for Weds... so today I will venture forth with some digital film and see what i get!
09-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #494
axl
Veteran Member

another two more accepted in PPG "finishing touches" (01/09) and "empty chairs" (03/09)
----
on the sidenote, my album is going downhill, the motivation is pretty much gone and inspiration is on backburner I just hope I'll be able to finish this challenge gracefully....
----
and 23/09 is up... last shot of the day... pretty much saved my butt...

Last edited by axl; 09-23-2010 at 03:03 PM.
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #495
Veteran Member

Sorry all, been missing in action for few days... Somehow my good ole "ticker" decided to play some games with me... Ended up with the heart monitor for few days - removed today and actually feel better! Will see results in few days...

I swear, when I've taken that photo of a single pea/fork on the plate, and made comment on the "diet" - well, here we go... Have to back off the coffee for few days, have to start watching what I eat, I tell you, what an experience!

On the bright note, great photos everyone, I know it's has not been easy, but somehow I believe that everyone's work showing a true dedication!!!

Congrats on the acceptance into PPG!!!

Some truly terrific photos are coming out of this challenge! Still game for October indeed, but afraid that no shots from me for these past 3 days, kinda vegetating a little, took few days off from work just to relax

Regards,
D