Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #61
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
I'm game.
One lens, one photo taken with that lens posted everyday in an album entitled Single in September.
Seems simple enough.
At this point, I am going with the Zenitar 16mm.
I can't wait to see everybody else's pictures.
one month with FE?
shall be interesting....
looking forward to it

08-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Would have loved to join in with my newly purchased F 135mm F/2.8 but I have a wedding I need to help a friend with, which will undoubtedly result in many lens changes

edit: Oh just read your earlier post. So its ok still, as long as I continue to provide a picture a day with the lens of my choice?
I could use a lens like my M 50mm F/1.7, but I already use that lens daily for macro shots.... or my M 85mm which I would have no problem using for a whole month either.... so I figure might as well pick a tough lens to use

Last edited by yeatzee; 08-17-2010 at 01:04 AM.
08-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great to see how many others are on-board, especially with so many really challenging themselves through their dedicated lens choice. I feel pretty soft opting for the DA35 But, in my defence, I really want to get familiar with her. I can't wait to see everyone's results. Only wish I could offer a prize of sorts....though not quite sure of the judging criteria
08-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
one month with FE?
shall be interesting....
looking forward to it
Yeah it will be a challenge.
But that is what is tempting for me. Maybe it will force me to get to know the lens better.
I am a creature who needs deadlines and a flame under my arse sometimes, so one lens for one month will be a welcome restriction.

08-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah you'd think the joy of unwrapping another new lens would be enough to keep us excited and engaged. But Jools, with frankness and honesty, hit the nail right on!!!

But that is what is tempting for me. Maybe it will force me to get to know the lens better.
I am a creature who needs deadlines and a flame under my arse sometimes, so one lens for one month will be a welcome restriction.
Mate, do you mind if I use your quote in the "week to go" mail-out? PURE GOLD!!!!
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Yeah you'd think the joy of unwrapping another new lens would be enough to keep us excited and engaged. But Jools, with frankness and honesty, hit the nail right on!!!

Mate, do you mind if I use your quote in the "week to go" mail-out? PURE GOLD!!!!
No problem. And great idea by the way.
I don't own any primo lenses really, just been buying used stuff here(PF) and there.
But in my mind to rationalize LBA, I need examples. And I am looking forward to seeing examples from fellow members in the coming month because it will be like a blueprint of what to look for next.
08-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Hah! I just thought of a way to make the challenge even more challenging.

I've selected a classic K-series MF lens for my K10D.

I plan to shoot my last roll of Kodachrome with my K2DMD (or my KX) and the lens.

Why not take an entire week with the lens and flash?

That could make four weekly challenges
  • K35/3.5 & K10D only available light
  • K35/3.5 & K2DMD - Kodachrome64
  • K35/3.5 & KX - TMAX or Tri-X
  • K35/3.5 & K10D only flash
That ought to jazz things up a bit!

08-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hah! I just thought of a way to make the challenge even more challenging.

I've selected a classic K-series MF lens for my K10D.

I plan to shoot my last roll of Kodachrome with my K2DMD (or my KX) and the lens.

Why not take an entire week with the lens and flash?

That could make four weekly challenges
  • K35/3.5 & K10D only available light
  • K35/3.5 & K2DMD - Kodachrome64
  • K35/3.5 & KX - TMAX or Tri-X
  • K35/3.5 & K10D only flash
That ought to jazz things up a bit!

MMM... seriously quite an interesting proposition and feasible! (except for the Kodachrome, perhaps color film instead)
08-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

MMM... seriously quite an interesting proposition and feasible! (except for the Kodachrome, perhaps color film instead)
Only issue with the K64 is Dwayne's will stop processing Decmeber 10th. I have to shoot it anyway.

I actually have two rolls left. I might keep one in the refrigerator forever - or I might use it with the Sightseeing Screwmount (Asahi SV that travels around the world from PF Member to the next on a list) that is coming my way soon.

Sightseeing Screwmount Thread
08-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Only issue with the K64 is Dwayne's will stop processing Decmeber 10th. I have to shoot it anyway.

I actually have two rolls left. I might keep one in the refrigerator forever - or I might use it with the Sightseeing Screwmount (Asahi SV that travels around the world from PF Member to the next on a list) that is coming my way soon.

Sightseeing Screwmount Thread
Keep it in the fridge for posterity, good deal. The end of K64 is a major loss especially to those who never had the fortune of working with it. So I like your idea it makes me smile.
I can't wait to see your pictures.
08-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #71

Photos: Gallery
Only just spotted this - count me in (if I remember!). I'm on holiday in Scotland for half the month, so that should help... Will probably use the DA 14mm f2.8 although I reserve the right to change my mind on Day 1!
08-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #72
Banned

great idea. September is very fine because al new pentax gear is coming in oktober.

I'm gonna spend some time on the lens choice. 40mm pancake is a fine lens.
08-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #73
Pentaxian

Yah, the DA70 Ltd. has been getting a bit lonely in its little bag. I'll give it a workout next month...
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #74
Veteran Member

I've a major exhibition opening in September so this is probably a horrible idea, but I'd like to join.

Picking out a lens is difficult, however. I'd like to use a lens that nobody else here is using for the event. It also has to be very rare with few sample photos available on the internet, it'd be cool if I had the monopoly in sample shots.

Candidate list:
SMC Pentax-A 20mm f2.8
Angenieux 35mm f2.5
Voigtlander 40mm f2.0
Tomioka Kogaku 55mm f1.2
SMC Takumar 85mm f1.8
Vivitar S1 90mm f2.5
Kilfitt Munchen Kilar 90mm f3.5
Angenieux 135mm f3.5

Kit Lens 18-55mm f3.5-5.6
Pentax-F 50mm f1.7
SMC Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5
Pentax-K 70-210mm f3.5

I welcome suggestions! I threw the kit lens and an AF lens into the mix since I'm a big MF user, so it'd be interesting. The 70-210mm is HUGE but extremely rare so it'd be kind of cool. I think AXL is already using the f1.2 lens so I'll probably stay away from my f1.2 lens.
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #75
Veteran Member

I'm game, I'll use my FA 77 ltd. 1 shot/1 pic... but I have a M 28/2.8 and a K 135/2.5 coming... I need to get acquainted with them... I'll choose a lens no one is doing or is under represented in this challenge... :-)

So the probability that I will end up using is:

1.) M28/2.8 (version 2)
2.) FA77/1.8 (have had the longest of theses three lenses...)
3.) K135/2.5

Stillshutter what do you think I should use?

Last edited by theperception2008; 08-24-2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added possible lenses...