Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #91

Photos: Gallery
looking forward to it...

i think i will use my Auto Revuenon 50/1.9

finally a way to force myself taking my K-x everywhere.

08-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
I'm game, I'll use my FA 77 ltd. 1 shot/1 pic... but I have a M 28/2.8 and a K 135/2.5 coming... I need to get acquainted with them... I'll choose a lens no one is doing or is under represented in this challenge... :-)

So the probability that I will end up using is:

1.) M28/2.8 (version 2)
2.) FA77/1.8 (have had the longest of theses three lenses...)
3.) K135/2.5

Stillshutter what do you think I should use?
Sorry mate, I thought it best to wait until more folks had locked in their lenses before figuring which was under represented. Jackassp seems to have the 28/2.8 covered - albeit the A-version and jheu02 has a 135mm teed up. I would have anticipated a few others using the legendary 77mm, but you seem to be the Lone Ranger. Noting the pejorative to change your mind right up to day one, are you still keen on the FA77? I, for one, would love to see what this lens can do beyond the portraits it is so famous for.....especially since I'm deciding between it and the DA70 and so this would be just the ticket

QuoteOriginally posted by Marlboroman:
finally a way to force myself taking my K-x everywhere.
Great to hear from you Marlboroman. Actually, I'm already seeing some benefit. I'm finding that, on my way to and from work, that I'm consistently looking out for potential subjects and how I might frame them in the next few days. Nice to find I'm at least starting to get my eye in

Last edited by stillshunter; 08-26-2010 at 01:19 PM.
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Great idea Stillshunter. I only just stumbled on the thread and would love to participate using the K 55/2 which doesn't get enough work since I got the DA 35/2.8. Will set up my album now.

Cheers,
Sam
08-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #94
axl
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
...snip.... I, for one, would love to see what this lens can do beyond the portraits it is so famous for.....especially since I'm deciding between it and the DA70 and so this would be just the ticket
...snip...
I have picked 50/1.2 but 77ltd would be my 2nd choice. I have only had it for couple of weeks and full month with it would be helpful. So, if you ask nicely , I'm willing to switch to 77ltd....

08-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #95
Veteran Member

I have a quick question. If I do this I am going with the 18-55 kit lens. But is adding close up lenses breaking the rule? It is still the same lens but I am altering it with an add on lens so would it still count? I can do some macro with the closeups.
It sounds very tempting and definitely intriguing but taking one shot only would definitely be my weakness.
08-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #96
Pentaxian

I'm game although I will be taking a vacation in mid September into the Adirondack back country for a few days and won't be able to post. It will be peak fall foliage season here. I'll be using the DA 10-17.
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #97
axl
Inactive Account

I just suffered big setback. I'm working in Westfield shopping centre and it offers big potential. Until now everything was fine but today I got approached by security telling me I can't photograph Westfield so I don't know what will I photograph for 1 month but I'll try...

08-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I'm game although I will be taking a vacation in mid September into the Adirondack back country for a few days and won't be able to post. It will be peak fall foliage season here. I'll be using the DA 10-17.
Welcome aboard mate. Please set up your Album, capture your daily moments and post them when you can. The spirit of the challenge is to take at least one photo each day with the lens of your choice - nothing here about posting the images each day. I, for one, commute over 1 hour each way, each day and so will be taking most of shots on either leg of the journey. With the times I get home - and with hungry horses, cows, people, etc., to address first up - I may be doing bulk loads on the weekend. So, again, what is important is taking the photo-a-day not the uploading a photo-a-day. Look forward to seeing your results, sounds like very nice country....and a good month for it!

QuoteOriginally posted by axl:
I just suffered big setback. I'm working in Westfield shopping centre and it offers big potential. Until now everything was fine but today I got approached by security telling me I can't photograph Westfield so I don't know what will I photograph for 1 month but I'll try...
I hear ya mate. If it's any consolation I'm the same at my work - strictly no photo gear - hence the 'pressure' to grab moments on the commute. It's that or we can compile a library of shots capturing the very last possible moment before security confiscates our gear Hmmm...sorta like playing chicken with the camera and/or piecing together a portfolio of "Guards in Flight".

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403:
I have a quick question. If I do this I am going with the 18-55 kit lens. But is adding close up lenses breaking the rule? It is still the same lens but I am altering it with an add on lens so would it still count? I can do some macro with the closeups.
It sounds very tempting and definitely intriguing but taking one shot only would definitely be my weakness.
I don't really mind what you stick in front of your lens - close-up lens, ND/CPL, clear filter smeared with Vaseline, three pairs of stockings, etc. Again, if you can stick with the single lens and do it daily I say be as creative as you like - all the power to you. I agree the daily shooting is a big challenge, but also keeping them interesting and diverse - rather than a daily update of that "rose-bush out the front" - will be hard. So add what versatility you want to the lens; as you'll certainly need it for your eye

Last edited by stillshunter; 08-27-2010 at 12:41 PM.
08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This might work for me. Thiry in thirty worked for me once and might be what I need to get on the road to successful photography.
Macro TC's allowed?

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
Edit: Now I'm considering buying a really shitty lens to use for this competition. I think I've enough good lenses and I'm utterly spoiled by them. I should go through a month of having to use one of the worst/cheapest lenses available. I don't mean a Pentax-M 50mm f2.0, I mean really crappy lens that you wouldn't pay $2 for.
Gotcha covered...PM sent.
08-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
This might work for me. Thiry in thirty worked for me once and might be what I need to get on the road to successful photography.
Macro TC's allowed?

Gotcha covered...PM sent.
Didn't get your PM, looking forward to that shitty lens!
08-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #101
Veteran Member

I'll give it a try. I think I'll leave my MC Cosmicar (a Pentax brand ) "A" 28mm F2.8 mounted to my K110D for this challenge.
08-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
Didn't get your PM, looking forward to that shitty lens!
I am sure you could produce some fine images with the lens but I better hold on to it for now. The blades are covered with oil and I might be eligible for some BP bucks if I can prove a direct connection to the Gulf Oil Spill.
I look forward to your submissions.
08-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #103
wjt
Veteran Member

Well hopefully my new old FA77 will arrive by then, if not i might show my M50 1.7 some love. Look forward to seeing everybody's journey

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
but today I got approached by security telling me I can't photograph Westfield
without starting a debate, that is horse shit. You should organise with a local camera club to have a photo day in westfield
08-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #104

This sounds like a good challenge I have a Makinon mc zoom1:3.5 28-80mm lens
m mount that I picked up in a auction camera bag and photo accessories was the title I left a $10 bid online and won can't find much info on it so this will be a good test .
cheers Mark
08-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I didn't think it would ever arrive...but it has.

Less than 24 hours now before kick-off. Reminds me of being glued to telecasts as a small excited child keenly waiting for space-shuttle launches with a count-down hours out

Well, my batteries are charged and I have a new little Domke (F5-XB) to keep the K20d and DA35 (the DA15 and FA50 are also in there just for moral support) snug and at the ready for the long daily commute.

I've noticed a difference in the number of people who have expressed an interest on this thread and the amount of open Albums. Just a reminder that the photos should be uploaded to individual member albums here on the forum, each of which should be named 'Single in September' for easy searching. By keeping the naming consistent, we can be sure that the link will take us to a common area.

Again, it's great to see so many others taking up the challenge, and I'm keen to see the varied results from some very interesting lenses.