Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I vow to put in a little more effort today. The last two were half-measures to say the least.

Attached Images

09-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Drawbacks

Well, one drawback I've found regards the sociability of horses. The min focal range of the K 135/2.5 being 5+ feet, as the horse gets to the fence, well, you can see...couldn't back up quick enough to get his whole head in the frame and focused at the same time. By the time I was at the right distance, the horse got tired of being at the fence and turned away again.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well today was a bit of a struggle to get out there and shoot. Rode home from work feeling tired and just wanted to chill and relax. However I knew once I sat my butt down, there was no getting back out again. So I parked the bike at the side door, ran in the condo, got the camera, and off I went. I thought the cemetery might be a good place to start so caught some shots there of familiar and not so familiar headstones and then off i went around to a couple more places I knew of. I had a great day actually, came home with more keepers than I thought so I will reshoot them again in different light and sky when I am stuck for ideas and need a few.
Good to have to look back on when I am stuck and struggling.
Tomorrow is getting up early to bike to a spot on my work-home route to grab some night shots of a bridge with a long cool perspective that I think will work out quite nicely.
Funny...I find myself looking for shots I think would work in Fish eye mode now and making mental notes when I see something I think might work. Anybody else doing that or am I just having OCD moments????
09-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
Funny...I find myself looking for shots I think would work in Fish eye mode now and making mental notes when I see something I think might work. Anybody else doing that or am I just having OCD moments????
I've been doing the daily photo thing for years, though it just developed as a hobby. Framing photos at a glance, reaching for a camera when the bag's not there, realizing that I've just shot the same fascinating doorway for the fourth year running.....

09-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #200
Veteran Member

This is going to be a tough day. The weekend is over and I am on my bike today, so no heavy lens on the go. I hope to get in a landscape shot at 60mm to try some short range action.

Edit: I did not go for 60mm, but ended up at about 120mm instead. But hey, the picture has a story in it, so it will have to do.

Last edited by Zorglub; 09-06-2010 at 10:27 AM.
09-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #201
Veteran Member

At the end of the month [based on the pictures posted in this challenge] is there a way to VOTE FOR ONE LENS that you don't have, but is most likely to cause LBA RELAPSE?
09-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
At the end of the month [based on the pictures posted in this challenge] is there a way to VOTE FOR ONE LENS that you don't have, but is most likely to cause LBA RELAPSE?
And can we please have multiple selections please? I do not think I am going to settle for only one case of relapse

09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote

Nice work!! Had my two year old squirming. Keep it up and you'll get a request from the mods to write up your technique. ;^)

Ha, thanks! Im sure I'll take another macro or two later in the month, I just want to keep the variety of shots going

edit: and you guys are lucky! I don't have a car so im stuck at my house unless I can somehow get a ride
09-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #204
axl
Veteran Member

I"m just heading home on the train. But I think I got some keepers so should be fine. Tomorrow is a nightmare as we have underground strike here in London. Don't even how I'll get to work... Oh well
09-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #205
Veteran Member

the samski sheep effect

Inspired by samski_1's sheep image, I've made a long exposure of the local variety: commuters.

Took a few more, they are in this collection.
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #206
axl
Veteran Member

day 6 is up... had couple of long exposure commuter shots but went for something else...
09-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #207
Veteran Member

So far, so good, made it through 6 days so far !!
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
So far, so good, made it through 6 days so far !!
1/5th!

Have to say, I'm really enjoying this. Everyone's producing images that provoke a response, and it's interesting to see people learn to work with the limitations of a single lens. Overall, September's shaping up to be a much better month than August, which for me kinda sucked.
09-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Inspired by samski_1's sheep image, I've made a long exposure of the local variety
It's nice to be able to inspire people rather than the other way around. Nice shot.

I've finally uploaded some more pics (4/9 - 7/9). Must try and get creative again although I won't have much time this week due to work so please forgive if they seem a bit plain.

Sam.
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #210
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
It's nice to be able to inspire people rather than the other way around. Nice shot.

I've finally uploaded some more pics (4/9 - 7/9). Must try and get creative again although I won't have much time this week due to work so please forgive if they seem a bit plain.

Sam.
It's hard to get creative when working long hours. I'm in much the same boat this week. I resorted to bringing my camera to work Sunday. However, next week will be wonderful as I'm on vacation and the National custom car show in Lake George and the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival on the calender. Now if I can just get through the next 3 days.....