Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #301
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Well I should be drummed out out this group... I just caved to my LBA... For a DA* 50-135... sigh... but at least I have wanted this lens for like a month before I bought it!
naughty boy!
I promised to mrs I'm done with LBA for quite a while and with baby on the way there will be soon other areas to invest into but there is still lovely FA*24 in my favorite London store that keeps calling my name
be strong, be strong....

09-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #302
Banned

Well I should be drummed out out this group... I just caved to my LBA... For a DA* 50-135... sigh... but at least I have wanted this lens for like a month before I bought it!
Don't worry, you're not alone. My M40 Pancake should be here tomorrow. Don't tell anybody...
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #303
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Icywarm, icywarm, Vaughn, Vaughn...tut, tut...well there is no helping some people

....and Axl why do you need the FA*24 when you have the FA31?...oh who am I kidding they would sit nicely together.

Well, as Axl pointed out we are halfway Congrats for all those who have made it this far. From my perspective, this has been quite a growing experience. But I think there'll be far more growing in the next two weeks as finding subjects and the time is getting to be very difficult. I also note that shots during the week are a struggle while the weekend is far easier...as is clearly evident from my Album that takes a sharp swing downwards....

I also find it curious that I got into photography for wildlife and landscapes as well as street shooting, and yet there's not a human being in any of my shots. I usually flick past still-life photos in by B+W magazines,and yet here I am focussed on flowers, leaves, etc. Go figure.

My sub-challenges for the next 14 days include:
1. a "painting with light" photo
2. a street shot
3. a self-portrait
....oh yeah and 4. settling on the theme for next month's challenge.

To each and every one of you, it has been a thorough pleasure to share this with you so far. I appreciate your having the courage to put your Albums out there for all to see and taking the time to make encouraging and constructive comments on each others photos....oh yeah and tolerating some of my amateur input to your Albums. There are some amazing photos and photographers among you, and I've seen other's really find their eye during the last 14 days. It's been a pleasure meeting you and I am looking forwarding to maintaining some of those friendships for the years and many lenses to come
09-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #304
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I promised to mrs I'm done with LBA for quite a while and with baby on the way
Congratulations! That's two members of the challenge, isn't it? I went through the same thing three years ago. My wife, tummy large, one day asked, "How many lenses are you going to buy?" Haven't bought another since.

09-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #305
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Michael...though an extreme cure for LBA for us folks that have far too many animals compensating for children - in my case 4 dogs, 1 cat, 4 horses, 6 1/2 cows, 10 chickens, etc., etc.... Maybe I should attempt a family portrait sometime this month
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #306
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Congratulations! That's two members of the challenge, isn't it? I went through the same thing three years ago. My wife, tummy large, one day asked, "How many lenses are you going to buy?" Haven't bought another since.
Yeah, me too... so Axl and I will have to start "diapers in december"...
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #307
Veteran Member

Yesterday's entry from me was from a cycle trip from Shinagawa to Yokohama. Since some people here have expressed an interest in seeing more of the city, I thought I'd share the collection of photos that I've added to my website.

09-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #308

Photos: Gallery
Ahhh, i somehow reached the sizelimit of my gallery, what do i do now?
09-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marlboroman Quote
Hmm. What about posting links to a flickr account?
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #310
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
naughty boy!
I promised to mrs I'm done with LBA for quite a while and with baby on the way there will be soon other areas to invest into but there is still lovely FA*24 in my favorite London store that keeps calling my name
be strong, be strong....
LOL...Axl you could always tell the wife it will be the perfect lens for the pregnancy shots and the for the baby pictures!
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #311
Veteran Member

Yeah, me too... so Axl and I will have to start "diapers in december"...
Okay...that is just so not a challenge I want to either partake in or see!!!
09-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #312
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
LOL...Axl you could always tell the wife it will be the perfect lens for the pregnancy shots and the for the baby pictures!
Funny... his perfect baby lens is a 24 pancake... mine is a 50-135... lets hope wives never compare notes!!

jord
09-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #313
Veteran Member

Funny... his perfect baby lens is a 24 pancake... mine is a 50-135... lets hope wives never compare notes!!

jord

Btw...congrats you two!
09-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #314
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marlboroman Quote

If you run out of space you can make a donation to the forum... if you cannot... I have something worked out with Adam, PM me...

jord
09-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Me too, in the last week I have purchased an M 75-150mm and a K 55/1.8 and have my eye on an M 20mm currently. This is after not purchasing anything for a couple of months - not sure if this challenge is helping combat the LBA

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
My sub-challenges for the next 14 days include:
1. a "painting with light" photo
2. a street shot
3. a self-portrait
....oh yeah and 4. settling on the theme for next month's challenge.
I challenge everyone to submit a self portrait over the course of the challenge - I'd like to see the ugly mugs I'm dealing with

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Thanks Michael...though an extreme cure for LBA for us folks that have far too many animals compensating for children - in my case 4 dogs, 1 cat, 4 horses, 6 1/2 cows, 10 chickens, etc., etc.... Maybe I should attempt a family portrait sometime this month
1 wife, 2 sons, 2700 sheep, 300 cattle, 2 horses, 2 chooks and 2 dogs. Try getting them in one photo!

And my congratulations also to those expecting new family additions. Those first few months can be trying but once the little 'uns become interactive they are so much fun. Well done!