Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Casil403, wow. I hope you mend quickly.
Thanks uccemebug!
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Casil403, stay well. Those injuries hurt for awhile.
Boy, I haven't heard about crazy glue being used in these circumstances since my uncle glued a molar back to his jawbone some 20 years ago. He is still alive and kicking.
Thanks Jools...I didn't want to wait 4 hours in emerg or the clinic when I could pretty much do the same thing at home that they would do to me there. If it gets bad or infected I will suck it up and go or just go my family doctor.
Btw, I gotta ask, does your Uncle still have the molar in his head? If not, how long did it last in there with the glue?
Cool story btw!

09-15-2010, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #332
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Casil - that stinks, sorry to hear that! And since you are not going to see a doc right away, get some over the counter anti inflammatory of some kind Heal well and heal fast!

Uccemebug - nope, unfortunately not work related. Went to fill-up the tank, card declined. Embarrassing... I knew it was a mistake, so when I dialed up the bank's number, I was promptly connected to the fraud dept. The rest - you can imagine...

Regards,
D
09-15-2010, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #333
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Jools .. he glued a molar back in? Ah, ya!

@Duh_Vinci, I hope you've got a relatively cool issuer. I've had my card stolen by a pickpocket and he turned it over to his pals to run up the costs before I could get to a phone. The issuer just made everything go away.

Anyway, my portrait's up. Better get back to studying Japanese. And by "back to" I mean "started".
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #334
Inactive Account

Day 16!! and I've just handed over my mug shot...ahh well now you'll know! Extremely interesting exercise this...a shot each day from all over the world...different perspectives..different interpretations..and all with just the one lense each!

Glad I'm in...look forward to the mug shots too! Cheers Paddy.

09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My mug shot is posted, ah well, there's only so much you can do with photoshop.
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #336
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
Btw, I gotta ask, does your Uncle still have the molar in his head? If not, how long did it last in there with the glue?
Cool story btw!
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
@Jools .. he glued a molar back in? Ah, ya!
True story I am afraid. He had just been able to emigrate from Cuba in the late 80's to start work in Venezuela. He had the mentality that it had to work or else... I was the one sent to purchase the Crazy Glue and helped adhere it.

He told me it fell off years later, and that he tried unsuccessfully to glue it back in. But after getting a better job and insurance, he was able to secure dental attention. So the dim yellow molar is no longer there. I believe him because he's a lead pipe. But it remains a great story in our family.
09-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #337
Veteran Member

I was looking at some the pictures on the Album and it occurred to me that really none of us has simply taken only "one" image on one day.
I gotta believe there are a few more we have taken that are in the bank.
Any chance to post the second/third best of each day or variations somewhere else. Because there is some good stuff there.

Is there something here on PF, on flickr or something else to showcase the work. I am afraid to post more on the album because I don't want to fill up my quota. And I have read about a few that have reached their quota already. Just trying for a way to highlight people's images in a unique experience.

09-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #338
Veteran Member

As a site supporter.. you should have 'lots' of room.. if you keep your file sizes to something reasonable...
09-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was looking at some the pictures on the Album and it occurred to me that really none of us has simply taken only "one" image on one day.
Any chance to post the second/third best of each day or variations somewhere else. Because there is some good stuff there.

Is there something here on PF, on flickr or something else to showcase the work. I am afraid to post more on the album because I don't want to fill up my quota. And I have read about a few that have reached their quota already. Just trying for a way to highlight people's images in a unique experience.
I have also been thinking about this Jools. I was wondering if we could start a thread somewhere on the forum where we could all keep in touch and post the pictures you are talking about as well as any others participants would like to share. I haven't looked at the "social groups" section of the forum yet so this may be a suitable place. Any other suggestions?

Sam
09-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #340
Veteran Member

Social groups? Good idea. Never crossed my mind but perhaps it is a good option.
I think at some point, it would be interesting for PF to somehow select/or have one foto from each lens as an example of each lenses capabilities although this may be covered under the lens review. I don't know, just off the top of my head.
09-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #341
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
As a site supporter.. you should have 'lots' of room.. if you keep your file sizes to something reasonable...
That's a good point. I was just thinking of a central location for all to post. Knowing the differences in space availability there could somewhere else for others to post the seconds or variations. Just a thought.
09-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #342
axl
Veteran Member

Lisa, hope you'll be OK soon!
09-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #343
Veteran Member

I sure do. I've been adding all of my photos to social groups, for instance:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/japan-kanto-area-pentaxians/pictures/

I've just now created a social group for the challenge this month. It allows us to have multiple conversation threads and to post our images. But it doesn't address the issue of not having enough space for uploads. Perhaps those members would have to post to a "entries" thread and use an inline image in their post with the URL pointing to their other (e.g. flickr) account?

Here's the group.

Photo Challenge 2010.09 - Single in September - PentaxForums.com
09-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #344
Veteran Member

Here's a group for the spares, too.

Photo Challenge 2010.09 - Spares - PentaxForums.com
09-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #345
Veteran Member

Great idea about a couple of social groups. Perhaps we should also post our daily photos in the main group? I am having a bit of trouble remembering where I spammed my comments and thus forgetting to follow up on any developments.

Edit: This would also allow pictures to be hosted on say flickr which would be nice if we are to continue this challenge on a monthly basis