Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #421
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Damn you Pentax!!!!

Not sure if there are any other's with Leica envy out there? But since Pentax appears to have failed to unveil an EVIL at this year's Photokina - I think I have something else to stave off my LBA.....it's CBA!!! Check this out!

09-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #422
axl
Veteran Member

I have just posted the same link in news and rumours section.....
I wonder why Pentax can't do anything like it. I think it looks great, has hybrid VF, equivalent to 35mm lens, f2 and Fuji EXR processor... how bad can it be?
Would probably love to have something like it!
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #423
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just need a street price now!

Well I want Pentax to release the same thing....with a K-mount... so I can plug in the old DAs
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #424
axl
Veteran Member

... and 19/09 is up too....

09-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #425
Veteran Member

ooooooh dear. Just when my film rangefinder died.

Manual aperture ring, exposure control dial, and shutter speed dials... Yup. Any other photography purchases just got shelved. It's gotta be a real turd for me not to own one of these some day. Heh, check this out:

New X100 looks good [Page 1]: Fujifilm Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #426
Veteran Member

Yes I was wondering what I wanted more a K5 or a DA 20-30ish range lens... this would fill both nicely!
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #427
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good call icywarm. So we can all look forward to Single in April 2011 where they'll be dozen or so of us shooting with 35mm (eq. FoV) lenses in an off-brand

Apparently, Fuji's dedicated website is congested with all the traffic visiting there. Complaints, internationally, of very slow performance....took me half an hour to get on. Was worth it, jeez, she is very sweet indeed!

09-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #428
Veteran Member

Well, day 19 has come and gone.
Been distracted recently with other "stuff" that have cut into my photo time, commenting here and my general photo concentration. For instance, I forgot to take my tripod with me in the car today and the other day a left the house for a long walk and had not made sure I had a card in the camera. It's not a block or lack of inspiration but I am missing something. I'm in a phunk. Hopefully, it will pass.

Anyways, I did come to a conclusion after spending 19 days taking Zenitar only photos. I need to go wider! So my LBA is lurking but I can justify it this time, or so I rationalize...

Best wishes to the group and it's always great to see fine images.
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #429

Photos: Albums
Finally felling better got 3 hours uninterupted sleep last night . will post up 2-4 picks Itook before the whooping cough hit.
thanks for the fantastic thred Still Ihave a lot to catch up on will do over the next 2 days Keep Shooting guys the albums are fantastic.

I have been using a Makinon mc 28-80 mm macro made in the 80's, m42 screw mount and built like a brick out house. this is the only one I have seen if any one is interesed and would like to use it Iwill be prepaired to let it out on loan. If this Idea takes of Iwill make up a travel box for it so it can tour the world and come back to me.
Cheers Mark
09-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #430
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mdf Quote
Uccemebug too kind to include me, there's so much i need to improve, my ability (if any) for now is mostly on the PP side. That's why this challenge is extremely good for what i want to develop.
Axl you're setting your standards very high, I hope you're still enjoying the game (well i understand you have a reputation to preserve).
In October i hope I'll finally be able to return to my house (i had to leave after the earthquake), that could even happen before the end of this month, and this is really good news for me, so some kind of game/challenge in October would be nice to do.
Earthquake?!!
09-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #431
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wedgetail Quote
Finally felling better got 3 hours uninterupted sleep last night . will post up 2-4 picks Itook before the whooping cough hit.
thanks for the fantastic thred Still Ihave a lot to catch up on will do over the next 2 days Keep Shooting guys the albums are fantastic.

I have been using a Makinon mc 28-80 mm macro made in the 80's, m42 screw mount and built like a brick out house. this is the only one I have seen if any one is interesed and would like to use it Iwill be prepaired to let it out on loan. If this Idea takes of Iwill make up a travel box for it so it can tour the world and come back to me.
Cheers Mark
Glad to hear that you're on the mend at last!
09-20-2010, 03:43 AM   #432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Axl: Mate, you certainly have the respect of your peers here! Like mdf said, we're just happy to have you on-board with us, and that you're sharing your images with us so openly. They are great and you certainly have an eye for grouping elements in a frame to keep the eye wandering all the way through, sometimes there's a cracking story and sometimes it's just plain pleasing....but always exposed just right. From my perspective, you have a talent and I'm just using the next few days to grab some tips from reading your images!

All: I had obviously expressed myself badly when I was talking about the People's Choice. I did not want us to select the best Album or photographer. Not only is this divisive, but not really representative of the challenge. To be honest there is no single album that strikes me as the best, I like individual images from most people's contributions so far. My intent was to enable us each to vote on the favourite photo from each Album. So, for instance, I might select samski's Racing Sheep from his Album, and then patold's Self-portrait from his gallery and so on until I have voted for my favourite from each person's Album . At the end of it the Artist is able to tell what stood out from their month's portfolio (hopefully like the PF Monthly challenge you can get a read out of which photo people liked in terms of a percentage). This would then extend to the photo book - where in the Artist's 4 pages - the two showcased images would be the Artist's own favourite image and then the People's Choice from their line-up. Hope that's a little clearer.

I'm seeing some interest in the photo-book, so might do some costings and get back to you all.

Finally, only a week or so to go. Have we settled on a Challenge for October: Uno in October (same thing again with a different lens), sub-50 swap, the Sabbath (in other words, this month has me beat and I want a break), or any other ideas???

What a group, you guys (and Lisa ) collectively rock!!!!
Stills, you can add me to the list of interested parties for the album. I would love to have a record of everybody's best from this challenge.

One more idea for next month:
Pair up members of the challenge and have them give their partner a theme to shoot to for the month. You could even take it a step further and have the member select the lens their partner will use (based on lenses currently owned). This could really help further photographers' abilities by taking them out of their comfort zones.

Whoa, that took too much thinking, my brain hurts.
09-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
You could even take it a step further and have the member select the lens their partner will use (based on lenses currently owned). This could really help further photographers' abilities by taking them out of their comfort zones.
Guess I'd have to lie about my lens selection in that case, cos I've got some I can't use in Tokyo's crowded streets day to day. For instance, my 135mm—hey, another cornice for the collection!

Got my Sep 20 pic in, it's downright rural by Tokyo standards.
09-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #434
Inactive Account

Gudday all. Thought I'd just drop a quick line on day 20 to thank all publically for their feedback...don't have a lot of time time to do it individually, and I apologise. Try to look at each new submission each day, but doing the niceties isn't always possible. A bit flabbergasted by some of the images I see each day from the same lenses used over and over! Enough rambling...good luck to you all. Cheers.
09-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #435
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
One more idea for next month:
Pair up members of the challenge and have them give their partner a theme to shoot to for the month. You could even take it a step further and have the member select the lens their partner will use (based on lenses currently owned). This could really help further photographers' abilities by taking them out of their comfort zones
I like the sounds of this...do we draw the buddies out of a hat or would we self-select?