Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2010, 07:09 AM   #526
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
looks like I'm out my K50 gave up on me and is as good as dead

09-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #527

oh no! how did that happen? I always thought the K and M series are indestructable?
09-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #528
axl
Veteran Member

me too. Truth is I have been having problems with this one for a while now. The filter thread just came off. It's held in place by three screws (I have managed to recover 2 of them). And while disassembling the lens, spring that ensures the aperture closes popped and I can't get it back in place So now I'm with lens that I can put together and use as f1.2 only and can't still can't attach any hoods/filters.... oh well....
09-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #529
axl
Veteran Member

OK, mixed news...
I managed to put the spring back so I have usable lens with all f stops but I can't get to the point where I could reattach the filter thread. That means, I can't put any filters/hoods/caps on the lens so I can't take it outside until getting it repaired. I'll see if I'll manage to take three shots inside.....

Regards Peter

09-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #530
Veteran Member

wow you are brave putting it back together... I don't have the nervous thus the steady hand for it...
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #531
Banned

I've really enjoyed the challenge but I'm running out of ideas. Then like an idiot I suggested the challenge to my local photo club and we may be doing it in October and I'll participate with their challenge since I'm the instigator. I'm going to use my M40 pancake, similar to my A50 that I was using this month except I'll be fully manual.

This has been a revelation to me. I've learned a lot about the lens as well as the ability to make a decent shot out of everyday events and objects when you have to. EVERYONE has put out some remarkable work in their galleries.

I'm going to pass on the October challenge as I'll be on vacation for part of the month as well as working with the local version of the challenge. I may still put up a 'one in October' site to go with my 'Single In Sept' site. It looks like I might actually make it!!
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #532
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Close call there Axl. But I'm glad we might still see you limping to the finish line I take no solace in the fact that you achieved the Album you have so far in September with a dodgy lens!

I know it has been, and is tough. That why it's a challenge. But just two days to go now guys!

So the consensus is that we're passing on an October challenge. That being the case I'd still really like to keep up the contact....as I've met some great folks on here...and we may like to gather again - even if not for a few months to do the "12 days of Christmas" ...as I'd be keen to see what Christmas looks like in our far-flung places....especially like to see uccemebug's first Canadian Xmas.

Well enough said for now, until we debrief in three days time.

09-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #533
axl
Veteran Member

28/09 is up, I just hope I'll manage to finish this with some decency....
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #534

Photos: Albums
We still have eleven on the list for October im game but would like to take a break in November as my clinic gets busy right up till Xmas
cheers Mark
09-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #535
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wedgetail Quote
We still have eleven on the list for October im game but would like to take a break in November as my clinic gets busy right up till Xmas
cheers Mark
We'll see if others pull out. I am still in. Since it is at most 2 pics a week.
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #536
Veteran Member

Axl - that's the spirit!!! Make that finish line, make that lens work for you!!!

Remember that little Tokina 28mm I bought from UK - arrived yesterday, but as I was cleaning it, exactly the same thing happen as to yours. Front cover just fell out, and onto the floor. Managed to put it back together, functions just fine. Had to remove the dreaded Ricoh pin from it (though marking on the lens barrel PK, not PK/R).

Anywho... Creativity - what's that? Can I download it from the internet? I actually took some unknown route home in search of a subject, but nothing there for the next 2 days...

And I'm still on for October if majority wants to play, one photo per week per person - I think I can make it work (I hope)...

Regards,
D
09-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #537
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just back from 10 day holiday - took camera with me with only the SiS lens so can now go back and do all the uploads - have no self portrait - but have some street shots. Happy to contribute to the book idea if anyone thinks any of the shots are up to the "best of" standards demonstrated by you all.
I will bow out of the October contest however, although I have a few under $50 lenses but will just be busy as the year draws to a close.
09-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #538

ok off to a meeting this afternoon dry,dull and boring shot posted from this morning in a coffe break not much to see
cheers Mark
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #539
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've noticed the focus ring on my A28 lens has loosened up considerably over the last four weeks, it has gone from "treacle" to "20W50"!

Has anyone else using an old lens noticed this?
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #540
Inactive Account

One day to go, and nearly all of us are still here. Hang in there axl, I'm sure you could turn a sow's ear into finest velvet! Had no equipment problems other than my own the last 2 days..nearly outathucot. Can't manage the full-on October challenge though (feeling drained at the moment..I am in my late 20's you know!), but one or two shots a week is feasible. And the 12 days of christmas tickles my fancy, I've always wanted one of those marvelous snow shots in 40 degree heat! Cheers Paddy