Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #541
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I've noticed the focus ring on my A28 lens has loosened up considerably over the last four weeks, it has gone from "treacle" to "20W50"!

Has anyone else using an old lens noticed this?
Can't say I have jackassp, but I've had a slight problem with another type of ring the last few days. Luvyastuff mate! Cheers Paddy

09-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #542
mdf
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
We'll see if others pull out. I am still in. Since it is at most 2 pics a week.
I was really thinking that in october the challenge would be the same as september ??
So is there a way to know what is exactly the October challenge?
09-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #543
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
So the consensus is that we're passing on an October challenge.
Say it ain't so!

That being the case I'd still really like to keep up the contact....as I've met some great folks on here
Yes, let's. Even if there's not a photo challenge in October we can use the "social group" to post pics and comments.
09-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #544
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, but I'm game to continue in October if others are. I thought the Coupled In October thing was happening, but we needed Lisa to draw names from a hat to buddy us up?

Otherwise, what's the general consensus? Either way, I'm sticking with you guys!!!! Whatever October brings...

09-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #545
Veteran Member

I've noticed the focus ring on my A28 lens has loosened up considerably over the last four weeks, it has gone from "treacle" to "20W50"!
My K28's aperture ring has always been great, but I've found it rattles a bit, now.

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
One day to go, and nearly all of us are still here. Hang in there axl, I'm sure you could turn a sow's ear into finest velvet!
Amen!

Otherwise, what's the general consensus? Either way, I'm sticking with you guys!!!! Whatever October brings...
I'm still going to turn up, if only to see everyone's creations. Sorry that I've been a bit spotty these past couple of days, the site's been swallowing my responses for some reason. Just lost another two attempts on this thread, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've quite enjoyed having a project to share this month. When my situation's stabilized I intend to become active again. In fact, I'm going to Canada for six weeks with just my *DS and the K28.
09-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Paddy, you are a real live-wire.

Here is a little gift fior you (taken with A28 lens - nice colours!)...

Cheers from Jack's ass
Cheers.
09-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #547
Pentaxian

It has been a bit of a grind for some of us, getting out and shooting every day. As long as the next challenge doesn't involve daily output, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Something that can be done in leisure time, without stress. Getting out with our cameras is supposed to be a fun thing.

09-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #548
Veteran Member

So...when all is said and done:

...I would like to offer up a final challenge to all the SiS folks. I would like everyone to pick one photo from their own collection they took over the 30 days of Single in September as their personal favorite and explain why it is their favorite and why they chose it.
I think it might be a fun way to wrap all this up!
Please post them in this thread starting on October 1

Btw, I am still game to draw names for the CiO challenge if you want me to do it. And I will be there to cheer everybody on also!
It's just that I am so bogged down with homework and getting ready for my final practicum, I really need to focus my energy on school for the month.
Ps...sorry too I've been a bit slack on the comments lately. I have 2 assignments due this week which is taking up a lot of my time as well as trying to fit working in there as well. Know also I appreciate all your kind words regarding my album.

Last edited by casil403; 09-29-2010 at 07:16 AM.
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #549
axl
Veteran Member

29/09 is up....
One last shot to go.... and choosing my favorite? well, we'll see...
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #550
Veteran Member

I'm in for the favourite selection, but let's use the social group (I say again) a single thread is a bit tough to manage so many parallel discussions.
09-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #551
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
I'm in for the favourite selection, but let's use the social group (I say again) a single thread is a bit tough to manage so many parallel discussions.
I'm okay with that.
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #552
Inactive Account

Paddy, you are a real live-wire.

Here is a little gift fior you (taken with A28 lens - nice colours!)...

Cheers from Jack's ass
Cheers.
Ahh, now that's cool runnings man! What a ride and what a shot. Goodonyah cobber..I owe you one! Cheers Paddy
09-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #553
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mdf Quote
I was really thinking that in october the challenge would be the same as september ?? So is there a way to know what is exactly the October challenge?
Please see the discussion in the social group for current status.
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #554

Photos: Albums
Hi to everyone who has participated in this challenge and thank you for your kind comments on my album. This has been a fantastic challenge one lens for a month, I chose a lens that i had't used before and came in a job lot from an auction (I still need to sort that box out) I used it on my Kx purchased in Nov 2009 in manual mode, buy the end of the month I wasn"t using the green button just trusting the brain to work out an initial set up and then a test shot minor adjustment . Knowing that i can now work this way will make me a better Photographer. It has also taught me you don't need the most expensive lens on the market to take a good shot.
As far as curing my LBA I sold 2 lens to buy 1 in september thats a Bonus.
A big thanks to Still for the original Idea.
Cheers Mark
09-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #555
Site Supporter

This has been a hectic month. However, I have the shots but just need to get them up.