Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Weed Flower

The first "tiny" flowers of the year. About 1/16" - 1/8" each petal. 100% crop.

Vivitar (Komine) MC 1:2.8 28mm + 31mm tube

03-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's another tiny weed flower: 100% crop

Auto Chinon MC 1:1.4 50mm + 31mm tube
03-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cool shots John, I think I shot the same two the past few days.

First one I think is Woods Corn Salad. don't ask me, that's the name my book gives...

Click image to view larger size

This one I haven't found in my books

plus these, Bluets I think, 1st one is about 3/8 inch, second one 1/4 inch or so. Also found the larger one with a red center but all my shots were not in good focus.

All shot with Pentax 50mm A and binocular lens setup.

Last edited by Paleo Pete; 03-02-2011 at 06:56 AM.
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Great stuff!

Great shots guys! At least I can look at great photos even if I am still waiting for the snow to melt to go out and see what's gonna pop up around here. I could post some photos of tiny snowballs but I don't think they'd qualify

03-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #245
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice shots, everyone! I'm not sure what this is - it's popping up by the side of the house. The blossom is about 2cm in diameter:

Paul

Last edited by paulh; 03-09-2011 at 08:53 PM.
03-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #246
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nice tinies this round guys. Paul I like this one. Perhaps Pete can identify that for you.

I have one I took during my Single in March game. I probably posted this same one last year but heck they're just starting to show themselves around here.

Last edited by photolady95; 03-18-2011 at 12:56 PM.
03-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

03-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #248
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Paul - Nice shot of the violet, I've been seeing ( and shooting) a lot of those the past week. I have no idea what the earlier red one is.

John - I"m pretty sure the tiny blue flower is a variety of Speedwell, I've shot that one and a larger one here the past week.

Here are a couple of my recent shots.

This is Low Hop Clover, the entire cluster is pencil eraser size.

Click image to view larger size.

A couple of Bluets covered iun dewdrops

I'll have more in a day or two, but have to transfer and upload, just fried my laptop and in the process of getting another (hand me down) set up and running right...it's been a rough week...fried the laptop, Jeep broke down twice, one cost me a day of work...still recovering from all that so nothing new uploaded right now.
03-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #249
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are dried up remnants from last summer (shot today) . Very small, this whole shot is maybe an inch wide.

03-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #250
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Macro shot with my Sigma. One that I shot last year and seems to be thriving in the pot with the Shrimp plant.

03-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #251
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've been out shooting a lot recently, mostly trying to get familiar with a Vivitar 200 prime, but also looking out for tiny flowers and of course finding plenty. Forgot to transfer several to the computer but here are a couple for now.

Small legume about 1/4 inch tall, this guy could hide behind a pencil eraser. These are everywhere right now, dozens everywhere I go.

Shot with SMC Pentax M 50mm f2 lens with binocular lens attached. Probably f8, that's my most common f stop, but did have good enough sunlight that day for a few at f11 too.

This little purple flower was out a couple of weeks ago, I haven't seen many of them and don't know just what it is. Just a bit bigger than a pencil eraser.

Shot with SMC Pentax A 50mm f1.4, binocular lens attached.

I thought I had already transferred a bunch to the laptop, but NOPE...the dummy here forgot about it and they're still sitting on the desktop and not on here so I guess I'll have more later...
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #252
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots, Pete. Here's a couple that arent really 'tiny' - both blossoms are about 1" or less in dia. They are by the side of the house where they get morning sun. I have no idea what they are called.

This one has triangular shaped dark purple leaves, and blooms from March til November - it disappeared for awhile during our short winter:

03-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice shots, Pete. Here's a couple that arent really 'tiny' - both blossoms are about 1" or less in dia. They are by the side of the house where they get morning sun. I have no idea what they are called.

This one has triangular shaped dark purple leaves, and blooms from March til November - it disappeared for awhile during our short winter:
First one is "Dianthus" or "Pinks" for the generic name. Same as "Carnation" except single bloom instead of fully double bloom

Not sure about the second one though. Can't make out the foliage

Eric
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #254
Veteran Member

There isn't a whole lot going on up here in Northern Pa yet, but I did manage to catch this one before the frost set back in. The individual petals are about a quarter inch and .......
Attached Images

03-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
First one is "Dianthus" or "Pinks" for the generic name. Same as "Carnation" except single bloom instead of fully double bloom

Not sure about the second one though. Can't make out the foliage

Eric
Thanks for the info, Eric. Here's another shot of the second one, taken in late November. Seems to be a hardy little thing, stands up to the hot Texas sun as long as it gets watered. Not sure how well those M&M blossoms could handle that