Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 891 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #286
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More from the Secret World

Two shots of a different weed in our yard. These are about the same size to even a little smaller than my earlier bluets. ~ 1-2mm wide. I think I'm close to out-resolving my K20D, this lens, or my ability to focus.

Both taken with my Vivitar 28/2.8 +52mm of tubes @ f/11

04-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #287
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Texas Toadflax. Small flower about 1/2 inch across, I got this one just before dark with flash.

Click image to view larger size.

False Garlic grows everywhere here, blooming right now. Looks a lot like wild onions, but is poisonous.

Don't know what this one is, the flower looks a lot like clover but the plant does not. Shot last night with flash just before dark. Large open flowers at bottom are about match head size, the entire cluster is about an inch tall.

04-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #288
Inactive Account

04-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #289
Inactive Account

04-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #290
Veteran Member

I found some!

I found these all within ten yards of each other growing in a field just down the road.
I posted a shot of the blue ones a while back but it wasn't open yet. just-a-bud. The lens cap (58mm) and the dime are for size comparison. In relation to each other they are pretty much the same size with the Yellow/white one being the biggest
The blue ones are called "Persian/Birdseye Speedwell" and the multi-petaled white ones are "Chickweed" according to my "googling".
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by jonhock; 04-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.
04-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #291
Veteran Member

The rest of them.

These are the other couple shots that didn't fit the last post....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
04-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #292
Inactive Account

I don't have a macro lens. So I do fotos of gigantic flowers.

04-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #293
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonhock Quote
I found these all within ten yards of each other growing in a field just down the road.
I posted a shot of the blue ones a while back but it wasn't open yet. just-a-bud. The lens cap (58mm) and the dime are for size comparison. In relation to each other they are pretty much the same size with the Yellow/white one being the biggest
The blue ones are called "Persian/Birdseye Speedwell" and the multi-petaled white ones are "Chickweed" according to my "googling".
And in pics 2 & 4 we have Violas. But you probably already knew that one

Eric
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
Texas Toadflax. Small flower about 1/2 inch across, I got this one just before dark with flash.

False Garlic grows everywhere here, blooming right now. Looks a lot like wild onions, but is poisonous.

Don't know what this one is, the flower looks a lot like clover but the plant does not. Shot last night with flash just before dark. Large open flowers at bottom are about match head size, the entire cluster is about an inch tall.

Does the flower in the last pic have grasslike foliage?

Eric
04-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #295
Veteran Member

Original Poster
None of the pictures I got show it, too close to dark, but I think it does resemble a type of grass.
04-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #296
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
None of the pictures I got show it, too close to dark, but I think it does resemble a type of grass.
Looks a little like "Sanfoin" but not a version I'm familiar with at that size. Or perhaps one of the myriad polygonums. There is a Pennsylvania polygonum similar to that but honestly without foliage I'm shooting in the dark too

Eric
04-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #297
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This one can hide behind a match head. Don't know what it is, and got some other really tiny ones yesterday, one pinhead size but for some strange reason they didn't get transferred along with a dozen others that I know were on the USB drive I use to transfer to the laptop. Gotta find out what went crazy on me...

Here's a different shot of the same flower, reduced to very close to its actual size.

I had several others, but don't know what happened to them. Guess I'll have to start over...no, they're not gone forever, just didn't make it onto the USB drive for some strange reason.
04-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #298
Inactive Account

04-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #299
Veteran Member

Now I do

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
And in pics 2 & 4 we have Violas. But you probably already knew that one

Eric
No, I didn't know they were violas For quite a while (5 decades) I've always thought they had to be purple. With your reply erkie, plus a little research, plus my parents have them just off the end of the patio, now I do.
The ones I shot were much smaller as you can see in the pic with the speedwell right behind it. They are close to pencil eraser size.
Thank you for the help! (ineedallicanget)
04-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #300
Veteran Member

Isco stuff

Well here is one of our local violas and a Grape Hyacinth. The Hyacinth is wide open on the Isco 35/2.8 on 17mm tube. The viola is f/16. Sorry handheld no flash and 20mph wind

Eric
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo