Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

PP Challenge #29 Winner!

First of all thank you for your effort. I was hoping for some more entries, but I guess that's my fault for not providing an interesting enough picture!

Graham V: I like the portrait orientation. Also, very nice work on removing distracting elements from the scene. The B/W conversion is very good, it makes the goat stand nicely out from the background, and brings out the "short lighting"
of the goat's head.

Fries: A decent effort, but I feel something is lacking, some "pop" for lack of a better term.

deejjjaaaa: Again, like the portrait orientation, but here I think the cropping is a bit too tight. The texture on the picture is very cool, although I'm not loving the frame.

jmschrei: The toning is excellent here! I really have to check out Silver Efex. The soft frame also works well. The lamp post kinda ruins the illusion, though.

mithrandir: "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" (famous Norwegian fairy tale), I like it! Again, it would be better with the distracting lamp post removed.

deejjjaaaa: I like the texture, it brings out the fur nicely.

TOUGEFC: Almost an HDR look to this image, which I think works well here, giving it a fairy-tale feel. Lamp post and licking salt a bit distracting, though. (do you start seeing a trend here? )

landscaped1: The second goat is a nice touch! Very vivid colors, perhaps a bit too vivid.

ozlizard: Very good tone mapping here, considering only one exposure was available. A bit too far over the top for me, though

And the winner is Graham V! You went the extra mile with the cloning work, which really made your entry stand out against the rest. Congrats!

07-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Graham V and thanks for the challenge Eric T. Funny, I was aware of the lamp but it did not bother me because I did not see it as overly modern in appearance but I did have second thoughts about not cloning out the salt lick. And Silver Efex is an amazing plug in.

Looking forward to the next round!
-Joe
07-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats with the win Graham and well done to all the entrants.
Bring on the next challenge!
07-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great job Graham.

07-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well done Graham, that was a tough subject!
08-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Thanks everyone, and Eric for the judging.
Been away for the weekend but will try to get a new challenge uploaded this evening.