Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A special thanks to Adam

The "food-foto-frenzy" contest is over.The thread had well over 5500 hits and I had almost 150 entries to judge.Thanks to everyone who participated.A special thanks goes to Adam who posted it on the Forum home page.That really gave it a boost and it kept me real busy in a fun type of way.
Very shortly(1-2 weeks) I will be kicking off a new contest of course with prizes.The theme will be "Show me your Pulitzer" and here are the parameters of what that means in a "tongue in cheek'' way to get the point across.
" I'm sick of seeing fluff pictures of sunrises,sunsets,kids,kittens,micros,macros-(sorry Rense)rainbows, cars,boats,planes,oceans,lakes-yada-yada-yada".I want the good stuff that you see in the news and other media that evoke anger,pride,tears,joy and other emotions.Pictures that become icons that we remember are everywhere.The world is full of events that happen daily not all of it good and if you're in the right spot at the right time you may capture an image that when viewed convey a thought provoking impression.The camera captures history and everday drama in an instant that sometimes evolves into an image that lasts for decades.The pictures can be with or without people in them just as long as they convey the theme as described.If you have any questions about the new contest feel free to respond via this thread or by PM.--charliezap

09-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #2

Looking foward to your next one.
09-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kudos charlie..... wish i had the opportunity to submit a shot..... but alas.... i'm a beach addict and couldn't find anyone shoving a big mac in their pie hole while casting... lol.......
lookin' forward to the new contest...intriguing concept.... dave m
09-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbow007 Quote
Looking foward to your next one.
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
kudos charlie..... wish i had the opportunity to submit a shot..... but alas.... i'm a beach addict and couldn't find anyone shoving a big mac in their pie hole while casting... lol.......
lookin' forward to the new contest...intriguing concept.... dave m
I think that the next one will be a nice challenge.I don't see many photos posted that reflect the type of pictures that make the 6 o'clock news.When I'm out and about I usually have my Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ4 with me for those shots that I may come across.When I'm on the computer the police scanner is usually on.Being only 10 miles North of Boston Ma. there is a lot of activity that transpires on a daily basis.With this contest theme everyone will have a chance to be like Jimmy Olsen or Peter Parker. and get those photos that the boss demands.--charliezap

09-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for the thanks

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
..... cheek'' way to get the point across.
" I'm sick of seeing fluff pictures of sunrises,sunsets,kids,kittens,micros,macros-(sorry Rense).....

I feel your pain. And to be honest - you could ask Iris - I am in for such 'pulitzer' photos. It's what I'm always looking for....but never get. (And in the meantime I try to enjoy myself making photos of everything else.....)

Good luck with your game, count me in!
09-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like anther good one Charlie...I look forward to it as well.