Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #106

Photos: Albums
psychdoc Arches for you my friend with the da35

10-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jimbow
Sorry for late reply. Whatever is most convenience is OK by me.
I am just so busy at the moment, and house in uproar with painters working throughout, it is becoming very difficult to keep up with it all .
10-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbow007 Quote
Just posted my long exposure and now I still need to find some magic by the end of the day.

I`ll take Sam on as a new partner if thats ok. Bruce still has a group and I think this would be better as the two of us has lost are partners.
Righto James, glad to join up with another partnerless being. Your subject for the week is sunstar (not sure if this is the right terminology - what I mean is take one of those pics where the sun looks like a star). I'll let you choose your own lens as I'm not sure if it can be achieved with all lenses.

Cheers,
Sam
10-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #109

QuoteOriginally posted by samski_1 Quote
Righto James, glad to join up with another partnerless being. Your subject for the week is sunstar (not sure if this is the right terminology - what I mean is take one of those pics where the sun looks like a star). I'll let you choose your own lens as I'm not sure if it can be achieved with all lenses.

Cheers,
Sam
Well what can I say. Thanks, glad to join up with you Sam and as this is the start for us as partners, your subject will be.......Inception. Try to show the start of something. Lens of your choice.

Now off to figure out what to do about the sunstar.....

10-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Whew, it took me a while to think of something for the group challenge theme [The Road Less Travelled]. Just posted my photo.

My partner challenge was 'Arches' and I had a picture for that one too but my computer crashed and I am trying to see if I can recover my pictures...I had all of my SiS pics in there too. Luckily I had given the 4 pics to the forum for the SiS book project already. But I had many others that I wanted to save...I really need to back-up more often. I gave up and took it to a local store to see if they can fix it.
10-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #111
Veteran Member

If my photos are a little conspicuous by their absence, just to let you know, my camera fell of a low seat onto a tiled floor and has gone a bit haywire. the diopter broke as well.
It is away for quote/repair. May be forced into the new K5....wow!

Usually takes about 6 weeks here. I will see what I can come up with nevertheless, with my old camera, which has it's minor headaches as well.

Lately, I just seem to be lurching from one setback to another with my photos.
Oh well, the only way is up I suppose.
10-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
If my photos are a little conspicuous by their absence, just to let you know, my camera fell of a low seat onto a tiled floor and has gone a bit haywire. the diopter broke as well.
It is away for quote/repair. May be forced into the new K5....wow!

Usually takes about 6 weeks here. I will see what I can come up with nevertheless, with my old camera, which has it's minor headaches as well.

Lately, I just seem to be lurching from one setback to another with my photos.
Oh well, the only way is up I suppose.
Sorry to hear about your camera. I'd just go for the K5 anyway. I think its going to my next one.

I just posted both my shots for this weeks challanges in my Coupled in October album. Looking foward to next week's now.

10-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #113
Veteran Member

wedgetail: busy week? Didnt see your pics this week. In any case, if you are still in: the coming week's challenge theme for you will be 'At Play'. Your choice of lens.
10-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #114

Hey Samski..Week #2 as partners. This weeks challange is "Contrast" and again lens of your choice. Have fun and looking forward in seeing your work.
10-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbow007 Quote
Hey Samski..Week #2 as partners. This weeks challange is "Contrast" and again lens of your choice. Have fun and looking forward in seeing your work.
Thanks James,

Your challenge for the week is "joy". Now I had better go and upload last week's efforts and check out others' work.
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #116

Sorry guys working away from home all week will post tonight , I just hate sydney air port and the scumbag thieves that hand around the taxi stands , put my back pack down to pay the taxi driver and had it stolen , yep you guessed it camera lens and laptop all gone now to fill out the insurance claim to get my kx replaced and my beloved m24 2.8 the camera will be easy but the lens will take a lot of searching as Ibaught it of a forum member in the US
Mark
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #117

Psych this week a macro your choice of lens
10-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wedgetail Quote
Sorry guys working away from home all week will post tonight , I just hate sydney air port and the scumbag thieves that hand around the taxi stands , put my back pack down to pay the taxi driver and had it stolen , yep you guessed it camera lens and laptop all gone now to fill out the insurance claim to get my kx replaced and my beloved m24 2.8 the camera will be easy but the lens will take a lot of searching as Ibaught it of a forum member in the US
Mark
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Didnt know it was that bad down there. Good excuse to upgrade to kr if you can swing it.
10-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #119
mdf
Inactive Account

So it's Saturday and as usual in the October challenge I don't have anything.
But the fact that there's this challenge is something i like, otherwise my k10d would have been left unused this month (i even cheated the second week with a shot taken on monday of the third sorry!)
Stillshunter is busy somewhere, didn't heard from him, I'm hoping everything is ok and he just had other things to do.
So this is it, i was hoping to have more free time this month among other things, but I'll have to wait a little more.
10-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #120

Last Week of October.

I finally got my last one for the week last night. I'll post it later today.

Samski - Last week of October so your theme will be Trick or Treat - Halloween and again lens of your choice.