Photos: Gallery | Albums

03-28-2011, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
03-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Really fantastic shot, tells the story very well. and is so well timed.
03-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Really fantastic shot, tells the story very well. and is so well timed.
Thanks! It was a case of "shoot it now, or miss it". The first shot of her trotting up the steps is not framed as well (cut off the top), and I dared not try to move closer and have nothing.

03-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #80
Veteran Member

closer would not have been as good IMHO this is bordering perfect framing
04-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #81

Just curious is there any rough closing date, thread was started in September 2010 and stated-
I'm thinking of allowing 10 shots per person and the deadline will probably be around 6 months
04-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
closer would not have been as good IMHO this is bordering perfect framing
Thanks for the comment. This was what I was thinking.

04-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dinneenp Quote
Just curious is there any rough closing date, thread was started in September 2010 and stated-
I'm thinking of allowing 10 shots per person and the deadline will probably be around 6 months
Thanks for the comment. This was what I was thinking.
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
It looks like the cutoff day for the contest will be sometime this coming September.
I should be retired from G.E. by then thereby giving me ample time to do a lot of the pleasures associated with retirement.--charliezap
This is for those who missed reply #74 concerning the cutoff date. PAY ATTENTION!!!
07-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just stopping by to bump up the thread and let people know that the contest will end in September.Plenty of time for the newcomers to the Forum to submit their shots.Here is one while I'm down here that would probably place well in the Pulitzer Hall of Shame if indeed there is one. Good luck to all.--charliezap [IMG][/IMG]
07-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have three from a day spent photographing whitewater kayakers...

Dive!

Capsized This kayaker capsized and came out of his boat about 30 yards above a 50' waterfall.

Between a Rock and... And he pulled out onto a boulder just in time, BUT, what now?

07-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #86
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I have three from a day spent photographing whitewater kayakers...

Dive!

Capsized This kayaker capsized and came out of his boat about 30 yards above a 50' waterfall.

Between a Rock and... And he pulled out onto a boulder just in time, BUT, what now?
Nice looking shots Tamia.Good luck in the contest.--charliezap
07-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #87
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
We travel full time in our motorhome and have come across some unusual sights. These are various photos that I think may qualify here and included are a tornado touching down and destroying 32 RVs, 55 train cars on their side, flooded out at a campground for a few days, snowed in for several days in the mountains, only one way in at this bridge washout which isolated many and meeting with a minister of God. It is always an adventure on the road, hope you enjoy some photos of the unusual. Bob
Glad to see you Bob joining the fray.Good luck.--charliezap
07-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #88
Pentaxian

Nice series. What is the last one? The Bible guy reminds me of Salvation Mountain near the Salton Sea.
07-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice series. What is the last one? The Bible guy reminds me of Salvation Mountain near the Salton Sea.
Kyle, you are certainly right and probably only a handful of people would recognize Leonard Knight's "Salvation Mountain" in Niland CA.
Now the last photo is up for debate. my wife says it is of a massive fire that was close to us in the Kaibab Mountains in Arizona, but I didn't realize it was that close to us. I thought it might be of a cloud formation that I took a photo of. I have a feeling she is right because she has never been wrong. What do you think? Bob
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Kyle, you are certainly right and probably only a handful of people would recognize Leonard Knight's "Salvation Mountain" in Niland CA.
Now the last photo is up for debate. my wife says it is of a massive fire that was close to us in the Kaibab Mountains in Arizona, but I didn't realize it was that close to us. I thought it might be of a cloud formation that I took a photo of. I have a feeling she is right because she has never been wrong. What do you think? Bob
Sort of low to be a cloud, I think. And, since your wife is never wrong, I'll agree with her.

I bought a decent-sized jigsaw puzzle made from a photo of Salvation Mountain (completed and shrink-wrapped) from Leonard for $2.00, and gave it to a believer at work...

Last edited by SpecialK; 07-22-2011 at 02:48 PM.