Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
1 Shot HDR

I used my RAWDR process on this one. I wanted to retain both the sun and the earth values.

Attached Images

Last edited by mithrandir; 10-13-2010 at 05:16 PM.
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
Forum Member

Here's a more contrasty look:

Last edited by wjax; 10-13-2010 at 10:04 AM.
10-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
1. Is your file named .pef.tiff or just .pef?
2. Have you updated to the latest version of your RAW program?

I've downloaded all three attempts for the RAW. None of them had a .pef.tiff extension show up. Right clicking and going to properties lists Type of File: PENTAX RAW file.

I do have the latest version of Pentax Photo Lab AFAIK.
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Very interesting.

If it's not already, try setting the Windows folder options to show extensions for common file types (or whatever the menu option is). I've got a sneaking suspicion that extensions aren't being shown at all, from the way you phrased that

10-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Very interesting.

If it's not already, try setting the Windows folder options to show extensions for common file types (or whatever the menu option is). I've got a sneaking suspicion that extensions aren't being shown at all, from the way you phrased that
You were right in that no file extensions (of common types) were being shown, and it took me a little while to figure out how to get them shown as I haven't changed stuff in such a long while. But, to no avail...the latest is just 061.pef and it won't open. I also went to properties to "unlock" it and nothing.
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
You were right in that no file extensions (of common types) were being shown, and it took me a little while to figure out how to get them shown as I haven't changed stuff in such a long while. But, to no avail...the latest is just 061.pef and it won't open. I also went to properties to "unlock" it and nothing.
Hmm, very strange.

I've never used the Pentax program, so I can't really provide further help. The file opens fine in ACR and LR3, though.
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I had a lot of fun with this one Lisa!

I loved the natural border on the left hand side, so i artificially added it to the right. I than did various processing techniques to finally get to the above result

I did not adjust the sky, but instead made it whiter to contrast against the dark earthy colors

10-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Reminded me of thet immortal Cold Chisel song....

Listen now to the wind babe
Listen now to the rain
Feel that water lickin' at my feet again
I don't wanna see this town no more
Wastin' my days on a factory floor
First thing you know I'll be back in Bow River again

10-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what I do at 12:25AM when the %^*@ cat wakes me up to go out!

M
10-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

John is Pentax software all you have? Cause FastStone will open the image and you can change file type by saving it as .tiff then open in Pentax software if that's what you are going to use or whatever your other editor you're going to use.

FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ...
10-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow...what a bunch of creative folks on this site! You have all done so much more with this photo that I could have ever imagined so kudos to you all so far!
I am impressed with the wide range of images everyone is getting from this...so glad I didn't cull it after all...!
10-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
This is what I do at 12:25AM when the %^*@ cat wakes me up to go out!

M
Perhaps your cat is really your muse!
10-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
John is Pentax software all you have? Cause FastStone will open the image and you can change file type by saving it as .tiff then open in Pentax software if that's what you are going to use or whatever your other editor you're going to use.

FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ...
Well...that's the thing. I don't really want to have to have all sorts of different programs, each doing one thing. For PP I'm now using Paintshop Photo Pro x3, and it should open the RAW files but doesn't. I still need to contact Corel on that. That's when I loaded the Pentax software that came with my K20D, just so I could start shooting RAW. I would think that PPL SHOULD open Lisa's Pentax Raw file (.pef) and even do the best job with the processing since it's proprietary software, but it doesn't for me. It does open my RAW files though, so I don't know where the disconnect is coming from. Thanks for the input though.
10-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I got here late, the moon was up already!

Last edited by icywarm; 10-18-2010 at 12:27 AM.
10-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I won't be here to see who the winner is as I am going on a well earned week's holiday. Hopefully be back with some great pics! So congrats to the winner and well done again to all the participants. May get back in time for the next challenge.