Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Attention Bicycling Photogs...

A Contest Just For You

I'm cross-posting this with the General Photography section because I know folks here in Mini-Challenges like contests and I didn't want anyone who might be interested to miss this.

The folks who run the popular cycling blog, EcoVelo, are holding their annual photo contest, and they have terrific prizes on offer. The theme is "Why I Ride" and the contest is open to amateurs and pros alike. The first three runners up will receive gift certificates from Rivendell Bicycle Works (valued at $400, $200, and $100 respectively) along with other prizes.

I've entered this contest, but think I'm one of the few (perhaps only) Pentax users who frequents that site, and I'd love to see more Pentaxians there. This is a great opportunity to show everyone the super work that Pentaxians can do. The contest submission deadline is November 1, so there's time to go through your archives or get out to do some riding and shooting. Entrants can also include an essay up to 150 words describing why they ride. For complete details, read EcoVelo's contest announcement here.

10-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Would This count? Probably not. My cousin's bike shop

10-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

Would This count? Probably not. My cousin's bike shop

You never know! I wish I had a relative who owned a bike shop! To look around my place here, you might mistake it for a hole-in-the-wall shop, come to think of it.
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter

I think I have some "shock and awe" for them.

10-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
You never know! I wish I had a relative who owned a bike shop! To look around my place here, you might mistake it for a hole-in-the-wall shop, come to think of it.
All the same, I think I'll leave the contest to the real bike riders. I haven't straddled one in close to 30 years.