Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Oh he's that Neuro-linguistic programming guru from the Netherlands, I run into him all the time
I'm sorry I got your name wrong, I thought Frylund was your thirst name.
Scusi Torben

11-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No problem, I get called all sorts of things :-)
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
No problem, I get called all sorts of things :-)
So do I, that's why I always hate it when I do that to other people.
11-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #214
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Thanks for the get well.

Thank you for the get well also Karen. I don't really thing Nicquil bottles are all that photogenic. LOL

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. I got a flower shot yesterday, though it's not my best standard shot, I'll post it today sometime.

I guess I could bring the flowers inside and shoot them that way though the lighting wouldn't be the same, it sometimes still works out okay.
That's the spirit old girl!

I had an affliction during SIS and took a few sots inside, and one of them I actually chose to stick in the book we put out! Not flash, but it was unusual and chosen because "the flesh was week but the mind was willing"! Hang in there...

Cheers Paddy

11-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #215
Veteran Member

8 days to go.
I'm wondering how though this challenge has been for you all.
Have to say I'll be happy when it's done, I like the 35 mm, but it's never going to be my favorite lens. Luckily for my husband, it's his.
Today in the afternoon I switched lenses for a while, had the urge to do that, don't know why.
11-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #216
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
8 days to go.
Have to say I'll be happy when it's done, I like the 35 mm, but it's never going to be my favorite lens. Luckily for my husband, it's his.
Today in the afternoon I switched lenses for a while, had the urge to do that, don't know why.
Pretty good-a couple of rainy days and a head cold for the past few but manageable. My lens is my fav so no hardship there.
11-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #217
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Pretty good-a couple of rainy days and a head cold for the past few but manageable. My lens is my fav so no hardship there.
That's why I have chosen a lens I hardly ever use, but I can hear my Tamron 90 mm screaming in my bag

11-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #218
Pentaxian

That's why I have chosen a lens I hardly ever use, but I can hear my Tamron 90 mm screaming in my bag
Definitely much more challenging using unfamiliar lens for entire month...
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #219
Veteran Member

So far the 28mm proved to be extremely versatile, but I'll be happy to let it rest for a while... I've acquired a few new lenses so I'm itching to give them more attention. Biggest challenge was time. I'd be having a lot more fun if it was still bright out when I leave work.
11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #220
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...just checked in here to see what's been happening, and I see some folks are dealing with colds and flu. You can prevent that...

At least 2000mg Vitamin C per day, morning and night, and all the cayenne pepper you can stand. I add loads of garlic and some ginger tea...I use at least a half teaspoon of red pepper every night, and have for many years during winter. 3 teaspoons or so if I start to sniffle and sneeze, next morning the cold is gone bye bye.

I haven't had a cold in 20 years or more, flu maybe a half dozen times. Vitamin C and red pepper...Did get a summer cold this year, wasn't expecting it and thought it was pollen when I sneezed 20 times or so one afternoon, ended up with a summer cold but it only lasted a few days and never got bad, loads of cayenne and vitamin C...I even carry cayenne with me to restaurants sometimes.
11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #221
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
I'd be having a lot more fun if it was still bright out when I leave work.
Precisely!
11-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #222
Inactive Account

7 days to go.
I'll be kind of glad when it's over. I committed to the project so I'll see it through and I love this lens (FA*85) but some days, coming up with a photo is more like a job than a fun project. I've tried to stay true to the spirit of the game (only one lens) but there have been situations where it simply wouldn't work (like my grand-niece's birthday party). An 8x12 foot kitchen area where most of the action is 2 feet away doesn't lend itself very well to the 85mm focal length.

11-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I'll be kind of glad when it's over. I committed to the project so I'll see it through and I love this lens (FA*85) but some days, coming up with a photo is more like a job than a fun project. I've tried to stay true to the spirit of the game (only one lens) but there have been situations where it simply wouldn't work (like my grand-niece's birthday party). An 8x12 foot kitchen area where most of the action is 2 feet away doesn't lend itself very well to the 85mm focal length.
You should try a 135mm
11-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #224
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
You should try a 135mm
I thought about choosing the K135 f2.5 for the game but thought better of it. I did want to go long though, just to see what I could do with it when restricted to a single longer FL.

11-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #225
Veteran Member

I have to agree, it is a long haul, every day for the whole month. It seems to lose some pleasure, and becomes a bit of an arduous task.
There are times, I too would like to just take the lens off and use a longer lens etc.
The 35mm has been Ok, I like this lens and use it a lot, but I like a bit of versatility with longer or wider lens depending on the situation.

Oh well, only a few days to go. Now hmmm, what about todays shot