Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
Inactive Account




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'll have a go with the F 28mm/2.8
Blue, that was the lens I was thinking about using. Good choice.

woof

10-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising the forum watching his back
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,621
I have a question on the use of lenses coupled with closeup lenses. Can I use them on my 18-55?

I'm doing a lot of closeup shots lately, and would like to continue this setup. If I can't use them, then I'll probably use my Sigma 70-300mm instead of the 18-55mm one.
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member
yeatzee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Temecula
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,675
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'll have a go with the F 28mm/2.8
If I get mine before november than Im thinking i'll join in with it too, if thats ok with you blue I've never liked shooting wider than 50mm on APSC, so I guess I need to force myself to try something else because I really do not have an eye for things wide

The shots will be terrible and boring garunteed, but its like starting photography all over for me
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,296
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Blue, that was the lens I was thinking about using. Good choice.

woof
I finally tracked me one of these down about 3 weeks ago. I have been thinking about this lens or the FA 28 for a long time but always leaned towards this one. They are both interesting lenses but are optically different. I am really liking it and I haven't even used it on film yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
If I get mine before november than Im thinking i'll join in with it too, if thats ok with you blue I've never liked shooting wider than 50mm on APSC, so I guess I need to force myself to try something else because I really do not have an eye for things wide

The shots will be terrible and boring garunteed, but its like starting photography all over for me
That's fine with me. I'm not the lens police. I think it will be a good showing for an under appreciated lens if we all 3 use it. bigthumbsup

10-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member
casil403's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary AB
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,170
I will try to be in. I am on my final school practicum at the hospital for the entire month of November so I'm not sure if I can completely commit but I can tryor sure...sorry that is the best I can do.
Btw, 21 is the number of acceptances that made it from September that were a direct result of this challenge 10 were SiS shots and the other 11 were shots I took on the same day with a different lens when out looking for SiS ones. I'd have to agree with axl that is was absolutely awesome for my creativity so I hope I can do it.
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member
uccemebug's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 961
Thanks for the pm, Axl. Looks like I'll have to pass on November, as I won't have my Pentax gear with me in November.
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising the forum watching his back
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,621
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I have a question on the use of lenses coupled with closeup lenses. Can I use them on my 18-55?
I'm doing a lot of closeup shots lately, and would like to continue this setup. If I can't use them, then I'll probably use my Sigma 70-300mm instead of the 18-55mm one.
Never mind. I just remembered I have a 50mm f2 I can use.

10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Eruditass's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,207
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I have a question on the use of lenses coupled with closeup lenses. Can I use them on my 18-55?

I'm doing a lot of closeup shots lately, and would like to continue this setup. If I can't use them, then I'll probably use my Sigma 70-300mm instead of the 18-55mm one.
The beauty is that you can do whatever you want

If you want to challenge yourself more, then give yourself less options. You can save that for next month.
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #24
Senior Member
privateryan's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 209
I'm in for this round. just need to decide which lens
Probably be something I rarely use anymore, perhaps my A 50 f2...
10-26-2010, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #25
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Macedon Ranges, Victoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 300
Gudday all!

A few SIS faces I see again, and a few newies for SiN!! I feel like SiNing a bit, so I reckon I'll be up for it again, but I'll use a different lense I reckon...an old manual glass jobbie
...28mm...50mm..135mm??? Let me think about that!

Cheers Paddy
10-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #26
Veteran Member
uccemebug's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 961
QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Gudday all!

A few SIS faces I see again, and a few newies for SiN!! I feel like SiNing a bit, so I reckon I'll be up for it again, but I'll use a different lense I reckon...an old manual glass jobbie
...28mm...50mm..135mm??? Let me think about that!

Cheers Paddy
Wow, 135mm every day! But then in SIS we had a couple of even longer primes....
10-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
axl
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
Original Poster
Great to see this bunch coming together (mostly again, but I'm more than happy for all the "newbies" )!
For those who are unclear, you don't have to post picture a day, it's enough if you take one a day and then post bunch of them later on with correct dates. As far as lens choice goes, it's all up to you, long, wide, mirror, FE, manual or not, with extension tubes, add on filters, other lenses reversed on top etc..... anything goes, but it needs to be one lens for the month.....

I'm not sure myself what to go with, I was planning 24mm showdown with stills but I ain't sure I'll be keeping my FA* and I hear my 31 & 77 calling my name.... I really should use 77 as I don't use it anywhere enough to justify it's cost but then the pictures would be very similar to those I took in SiS so I think I'll go wider, either 24 or 31.....we'll see
10-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #28
axl
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
Original Poster
Single In November - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
10-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #29
Veteran Member
stillshunter's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Tablelands NSW
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 406
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Great to see this bunch coming together (mostly again, but I'm more than happy for all the "newbies" )!
For those who are unclear, you don't have to post picture a day, it's enough if you take one a day and then post bunch of them later on with correct dates. As far as lens choice goes, it's all up to you, long, wide, mirror, FE, manual or not, with extension tubes, add on filters, other lenses reversed on top etc..... anything goes, but it needs to be one lens for the month.....

I'm not sure myself what to go with, I was planning 24mm showdown with stills but I ain't sure I'll be keeping my FA* and I hear my 31 & 77 calling my name.... I really should use 77 as I don't use it anywhere enough to justify it's cost but then the pictures would be very similar to those I took in SiS so I think I'll go wider, either 24 or 31.....we'll see
Well Axl if you're up for it then I'm still up for the 24mm showdown. Seems the seller's gone quiet on the refund and so I'll even pit my inferior lens with oil traces against your highly-reputed FA24

Please don't use the Bag Queen, you know how much that would hurt me
10-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #30
axl
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Well Axl if you're up for it then I'm still up for the 24mm showdown. Seems the seller's gone quiet on the refund and so I'll even pit my inferior lens with oil traces against your highly-reputed FA24

Please don't use the Bag Queen, you know how much that would hurt me
well, I'm on holiday and the bag queen spends a lot of time on my K10D. And I have a guy eyeing the 24. I'm really undecided on my line up.... have few more days

+ pitching highly reputed lens against anything in your hands, I'd really have to try hard ...

Last edited by axl; 10-26-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
lens, picture
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interest in a Teleconverter comparison? flippedgazelle Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 04-23-2010 06:13 PM
K-7 generating K2000 interest too? mattdm Pentax News and Rumors 1 05-22-2009 04:21 AM
Very, Very unscientific, but of interest Ed in GA Pentax DSLR Discussion 41 06-21-2008 12:00 PM
Whats the point of interest? Bramela Post Your Photos! 11 11-16-2007 05:52 PM
of any interest? mysterick Photographic Technique 1 05-21-2007 11:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top