Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am in and going with my widest prime the Vivitar 28mm 2.8 Close Focus (K02).
Wasn't going to pick it at first but saw you others with the 28mm proposals and think a bit of a comparo may be able to happen here. Also it is far from the angle of view of 100mm (though still badged as a Vivitar) that I used in SiS.
Was going to go longer but just can't see using a longer prime than 100mm every day -size weight and convenience... Bramela, you must have been sorely tried with the 300mm e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y!
Viva(tar) la SiN.

10-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Okay. After a discussion here with Iris, I wonder.... There's no-one prohibiting the use of more lenses during this month, eh? It's only that I commit myself to enter one photo a day made with one particular lens? Do I understand right?

Thanks!
10-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Okay. After a discussion here with Iris, I wonder.... There's no-one prohibiting the use of more lenses during this month, eh? It's only that I commit myself to enter one photo a day made with one particular lens? Do I understand right?

Thanks!
You can use other lenses on your camera for sure during the month and you can take more than one photo. You just have to take at least one photo every day using your lens of choice. Filters, close ups, add ons etc are fine also.
I found it got me out and shooting every day (sometimes that wasn't a good thing) and I got to see a subject that I might not have thought about shooting. I found so may variables on it once I got there and stated digging out different lenses. I used my FE 10-17 in September and was quite happy with almost all the shots in the month.
After seeing Duh Vinci's SiS work I am thinking about heading out to grab a lensbaby and playing with it for the month. Wasn't a big fan until I saw what DV did with it.
10-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #34
Veteran Member

I'll have to think on it, I use my 50mm A lens almost every day, and go out to shoot almost every day anyway, but not sure if I Can get something worth posting every day, and usually don't get online each day. So I might have to post a few at a time.

10-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #35
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like a fun game. Now the question is, do I use my lovely new Samyang 85, or do I show you all just how crazy I am with a 500mm mirror? The 500 offers the nice combination of being subtle to the outside world and photographically ridiculous.

Also, I present an open dare to use a 500+ refractive lens. Those with back porches featuring scenic mountain views need not apply. :-P
10-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I wish I had a 500+ refractor, I'd take you up on that. I use telephoto much more than I do wide angle and will very soon be out looking for ducks...but with a 300...
10-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #37
Forum Member

Ha. I spent Friday trying to get those fowl things to stay in front of my newly acquired C90. 1000mm f11 is a pain to aim and steady in a hurry, especially with a tripod not meant to hold anything close to it's size.

I take it back; they were geese. And some sort of crane that I failed to get a shot of at all.

10-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Single in Nov

I'm a newbie here but would like to give this a shot! Just need to decide which lens to use...and warn you that many of my pix won't be anything too good:ugh: Looking at this as a great creative challenge and way to learn about my camera and chosen lens.
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
You can use other lenses on your camera for sure during the month and you can take more than one photo. You just have to take at least one photo every day using your lens of choice. Filters, close ups, add ons etc are fine also.
I found it got me out and shooting every day (sometimes that wasn't a good thing) and I got to see a subject that I might not have thought about shooting. I found so may variables on it once I got there and stated digging out different lenses. I used my FE 10-17 in September and was quite happy with almost all the shots in the month.
After seeing Duh Vinci's SiS work I am thinking about heading out to grab a lensbaby and playing with it for the month. Wasn't a big fan until I saw what DV did with it.
Great! Then I'll join
10-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
As far as lens choice goes, it's all up to you, long, wide, mirror, FE, manual or not, with extension tubes, add on filters, other lenses reversed on top etc..... anything goes, but it needs to be one lens for the month.....
Thanks axl for the clarification. But I'm confused now, with what Lisa said here:
QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
You can use other lenses on your camera for sure during the month

So which is it? One lens or many?
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Predicament

I have the following 50s that don't get nearly enough individualized attention:

Auto Chinon 50/1.4
Auto Chinon 50/1.7
XR Rikenon 50/2
SMC-M 50/1.4
SMC-M 50/1.7
SMC-A 50/1.4
SMC-A 50/2
SMC-K 55/1.8 (most recent addition during SiS)

Would anyone have a problem if I just picked the 50/55mm focal length for the month so they could all play?
10-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #42
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Thanks axl for the clarification. But I'm confused now, with what Lisa said here:

So which is it? One lens or many?

One lens for the "Game" with 1 photo per day from it. The other lenses can be used for other stuff.
10-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
as Blue said, you can use any lens you wish for all month or year for that matter, but for this game you are required to take at least one picture a day with your chosen lens for duration of month November. You don't have to post the pictures everyday, nor on the day taken, but at the end of November you should have 30 pics taken on 1-30 November.....
10-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #44
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
since there seems to be few folks willing to "compare" their 28s and their ways of using them, I'll take on the challenge of Mr. Stills.... and go for the FA*24 (looks like a keeper for now, but I'll be wiser at the end of the November)...

so the war of 24s is on
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #45
Veteran Member

This would be a good way to get to know my Komine 28mm F2. Do you post the photos in this thread, or elsewhere?