Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #46
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
This would be a good way to get to know my Komine 28mm F2. Do you post the photos in this thread, or elsewhere?
Go to your user control panel, create an album entitled: Single in November.
Then it'll be easy to find so others taking part can comment and view your shots. Discusions regarding the challenge can take part either here or in the Single in November Thread in Monthly challenges social group.
edit: here's the link to the link to the social group thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/11970...ml#post1238279

10-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Thanks axl for the clarification. But I'm confused now, with what Lisa said here:

So which is it? One lens or many?
The idea is to get familiar with one lens during the month. To participate in the challenge you use the one lens only... for at least one shot....every day. You can however switch off lenses if you want to take other shots..... they are just not posted in the SiN thread.
That way you are not committed to having only one lens on you camera for the entire month which IMO is a bit too limiting and not something I would be interested in. SOme people think this challenge requires you to only have on the one lens on only for the entire month and to only shoot with one lens all the time. however that is not the spirit of this project. I took a shot with the K7and FE every day as well as when I could I used my other lenses as well, I just did not use them as part of the SiS project.
Clear as mud???
10-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
The idea is to get familiar with one lens during the month. To participate in the challenge you use the one lens only... for at least one shot....every day. You can however switch off lenses if you want to take other shots..... they are just not posted in the SiN thread.
That way you are not committed to having only one lens on you camera for the entire month which IMO is a bit too limiting and not something I would be interested in. SOme people think this challenge requires you to only have on the one lens on only for the entire month and to only shoot with one lens all the time. however that is not the spirit of this project. I took a shot with the K7and FE every day as well as when I could I used my other lenses as well, I just did not use them as part of the SiS project.
Specifically, it's more clear. However, I have to say, why create a problem by mentioning we can use other lenses when in fact we can use only one for the project.

Normally, I would use other lenses during the month. That's a given. The photos I upload to the album I create for this project, would definitely have to be from one lenses only.
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Specifically, it's more clear. However, I have to say, why create a problem by mentioning we can use other lenses when in fact we can use only one for the project.
I was actually answering another question form another poster....not trying to create problems Mar.
As well the entire phrase read:
"You can use other lenses on your camera for sure during the month and you can take more than one photo. You just have to take at least one photo every day using your lens of choice. Filters, close ups, add ons etc are fine also."

10-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess I should have separated what I was talking about. You, Lisa, weren't the only one saying using more lenses during the month was ok. I just didn't word my response good enough for you to understand what I was saying. Btw, this happens a lot around my family....
10-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Post one photo daily for the month of November, all 30 photos taken with the same lens. It seems simple enough. I'll just need someone to remind me every day.
10-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Besides, Lisa, if you answering someone else, why did you quote what I said. That's why I replied to you in the first place.

Dan has it right. And that is why I was questioning you others saying we could other lenses when in fact you can use only one for the project. We know we can use other lenses for our other photography. At least I knew that.

10-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I have to make up my mind. Any suggestions as to which lens I should choose from the list below?
- A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 (an underrated lens, for sure, optically identical to the F-version)
- Helios 44K-4 58mm F2
- A 135mm F2.8
- Takumar 55mm F1.8
- M 35mm F2
10-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #54
Inactive Account

Righto you blokes!

Reckon I'll go with the Pentax-M F1:3.5 135mm banged on the K-x digie for the month!
The old girl's goddacupla oil spots, but I reckon sheez still good for another 30 dayzworthasukitansee!

Cheers Paddy

P.S. contact psychdoc if you need a translation (hee hee)
10-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Game on! I have the Kiron 24/2.

So we have the Komine 28/2, the legendary FA*24 and the Kiron 24/2...any other fast 28mms out there?
10-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Vivitar 28 2.8 CF (K02) as mentioned above.
10-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I broke my 28 f2.8 not real fast but faster than the 18-55mm f3.5, I am going to use.
10-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #58
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
So, I have to make up my mind. Any suggestions as to which lens I should choose from the list below?
- A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 (an underrated lens, for sure, optically identical to the F-version)
- Helios 44K-4 58mm F2
- A 135mm F2.8
- Takumar 55mm F1.8
- M 35mm F2
Gudday cobber!

There's some fellas doin' the short focal length thing 1 on 1, so whaddayareckon!

Pit your A 135mm F2.8 against me for the fun of it? and from SIS it is interesting to view the outcomes!!!

Just a suggestion mate!

Cheers Paddy
10-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Paddy......!
I'll consider it, it's quite challenging....!
10-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #60
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Thanks Paddy......!
I'll consider it, it's quite challenging....!
Hoochartet! (poor attempt at speaking Dutch...how are you?)

Thanks for considering (dankavel).

Cheers Paddy.