Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'll have a go with the F 28mm/2.8
Blue, that was the lens I was thinking about using. Good choice.

woof

10-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a question on the use of lenses coupled with closeup lenses. Can I use them on my 18-55?

I'm doing a lot of closeup shots lately, and would like to continue this setup. If I can't use them, then I'll probably use my Sigma 70-300mm instead of the 18-55mm one.
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'll have a go with the F 28mm/2.8
If I get mine before november than Im thinking i'll join in with it too, if thats ok with you blue I've never liked shooting wider than 50mm on APSC, so I guess I need to force myself to try something else because I really do not have an eye for things wide

The shots will be terrible and boring garunteed, but its like starting photography all over for me
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Blue, that was the lens I was thinking about using. Good choice.

woof
I finally tracked me one of these down about 3 weeks ago. I have been thinking about this lens or the FA 28 for a long time but always leaned towards this one. They are both interesting lenses but are optically different. I am really liking it and I haven't even used it on film yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
If I get mine before november than Im thinking i'll join in with it too, if thats ok with you blue I've never liked shooting wider than 50mm on APSC, so I guess I need to force myself to try something else because I really do not have an eye for things wide

The shots will be terrible and boring garunteed, but its like starting photography all over for me
That's fine with me. I'm not the lens police. I think it will be a good showing for an under appreciated lens if we all 3 use it. bigthumbsup

10-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I will try to be in. I am on my final school practicum at the hospital for the entire month of November so I'm not sure if I can completely commit but I can tryor sure...sorry that is the best I can do.
Btw, 21 is the number of acceptances that made it from September that were a direct result of this challenge 10 were SiS shots and the other 11 were shots I took on the same day with a different lens when out looking for SiS ones. I'd have to agree with axl that is was absolutely awesome for my creativity so I hope I can do it.
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Thanks for the pm, Axl. Looks like I'll have to pass on November, as I won't have my Pentax gear with me in November.
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I have a question on the use of lenses coupled with closeup lenses. Can I use them on my 18-55?
I'm doing a lot of closeup shots lately, and would like to continue this setup. If I can't use them, then I'll probably use my Sigma 70-300mm instead of the 18-55mm one.
Never mind. I just remembered I have a 50mm f2 I can use.

10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote

The beauty is that you can do whatever you want

If you want to challenge yourself more, then give yourself less options. You can save that for next month.
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #24

I'm in for this round. just need to decide which lens
Probably be something I rarely use anymore, perhaps my A 50 f2...
10-26-2010, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #25
Inactive Account

Gudday all!

A few SIS faces I see again, and a few newies for SiN!! I feel like SiNing a bit, so I reckon I'll be up for it again, but I'll use a different lense I reckon...an old manual glass jobbie
...28mm...50mm..135mm??? Let me think about that!

Cheers Paddy
10-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Gudday all!

A few SIS faces I see again, and a few newies for SiN!! I feel like SiNing a bit, so I reckon I'll be up for it again, but I'll use a different lense I reckon...an old manual glass jobbie
...28mm...50mm..135mm??? Let me think about that!

Cheers Paddy
Wow, 135mm every day! But then in SIS we had a couple of even longer primes....
10-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great to see this bunch coming together (mostly again, but I'm more than happy for all the "newbies" )!
For those who are unclear, you don't have to post picture a day, it's enough if you take one a day and then post bunch of them later on with correct dates. As far as lens choice goes, it's all up to you, long, wide, mirror, FE, manual or not, with extension tubes, add on filters, other lenses reversed on top etc..... anything goes, but it needs to be one lens for the month.....

I'm not sure myself what to go with, I was planning 24mm showdown with stills but I ain't sure I'll be keeping my FA* and I hear my 31 & 77 calling my name.... I really should use 77 as I don't use it anywhere enough to justify it's cost but then the pictures would be very similar to those I took in SiS so I think I'll go wider, either 24 or 31.....we'll see
10-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #28
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Single In November - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com
10-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Great to see this bunch coming together (mostly again, but I'm more than happy for all the "newbies" )!
For those who are unclear, you don't have to post picture a day, it's enough if you take one a day and then post bunch of them later on with correct dates. As far as lens choice goes, it's all up to you, long, wide, mirror, FE, manual or not, with extension tubes, add on filters, other lenses reversed on top etc..... anything goes, but it needs to be one lens for the month.....

I'm not sure myself what to go with, I was planning 24mm showdown with stills but I ain't sure I'll be keeping my FA* and I hear my 31 & 77 calling my name.... I really should use 77 as I don't use it anywhere enough to justify it's cost but then the pictures would be very similar to those I took in SiS so I think I'll go wider, either 24 or 31.....we'll see
Well Axl if you're up for it then I'm still up for the 24mm showdown. Seems the seller's gone quiet on the refund and so I'll even pit my inferior lens with oil traces against your highly-reputed FA24

Please don't use the Bag Queen, you know how much that would hurt me
10-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #30
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Well Axl if you're up for it then I'm still up for the 24mm showdown. Seems the seller's gone quiet on the refund and so I'll even pit my inferior lens with oil traces against your highly-reputed FA24

Please don't use the Bag Queen, you know how much that would hurt me
well, I'm on holiday and the bag queen spends a lot of time on my K10D. And I have a guy eyeing the 24. I'm really undecided on my line up.... have few more days

+ pitching highly reputed lens against anything in your hands, I'd really have to try hard ...

Last edited by axl; 10-26-2010 at 01:06 PM.