Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #181
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@ at photolady, shame.... but get well soon and hang around!

12-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Day 5 loaded. This is keeping me so busy.
12-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #183

Photos: Albums
Day 6 is up! Another fun day of snappin' while my cousin is here visiting
12-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #184
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just want to tell you all how much I am enjoying all your entries in this challenge. Every one of them is interesting and widely varied so pat yourselves on the back and have a drink toast to the holidays and all your unique creativity sometime this week!
I applaud you all and look forward to much more to come over the remaining 6 days!

12-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Just joined the bokeh tree club... you may want to check it out though. Not your typical bokeh
12-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #186

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
I just want to tell you all how much I am enjoying all your entries in this challenge. Every one of them is interesting and widely varied so pat yourselves on the back and have a drink toast to the holidays and all your unique creativity sometime this week!
I applaud you all and look forward to much more to come over the remaining 6 days!
I am going to have to agree with Lisa. This challange is sure helping me get in the Christmas Spirit. I believe its only because of all the fantastic photos from all of you.
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #187

I have to agree as well! My first challenge has been way fun and I've learned a LOT about my camera and about what Christmas means to everyone who is participating. Thanks for making my first challenge such a blast!

12-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #188
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
I have to agree as well! My first challenge has been way fun and I've learned a LOT about my camera and about what Christmas means to everyone who is participating. Thanks for making my first challenge such a blast!
I have to second Hambino - this is my first challenge here as well, and it is really helping me get into the Christmas spirit!

Many of your photos are several levels above my skill, but they are inspirational and beautiful to look through, and your comments to my own are so encouraging.

I mostly just shoot with my kit lens or the 55-300mm telezoom, but I do have one prime lens, a Sigma 28mm f/1.7, and inspired by all that beautiful Christmassy bokeh in your albums, I decided that I WILL try to play with that a bit before the challenge is over.
12-20-2010, 03:49 AM   #189
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you haven't already, I would like you to come over to my album, to see my nuts, they are spectacular!

Cheers from Jack.
12-20-2010, 04:01 AM   #190

the nuts are good i'm happy to be a wall nut.
12-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
If you haven't already, I would like you to come over to my album, to see my nuts, they are spectacular!

Cheers from Jack.
Haha, I really loved that one, Jack.
Very creative.

And yes, it's fun to have a challenge again, checking it out every morning.
12-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #192
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Just joined the bokeh tree club... you may want to check it out though. Not your typical bokeh
I sure did check it out. Love it!
12-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #193
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote

Cheers from Jack.
naughty!
now I'm not sure whether to go and see the album or not
12-20-2010, 07:08 AM - 2 Likes   #194
Veteran Member

Due to popular demand, I will share with you all the technique of creating your own shaped bokeh.

This is simpler than you think, but requires some handy work. So you start off with a piece of construction paper (it has to be completely opaque and helps if it's rigid). It can't be too thick though. I used a piece of a gift bag from Sephora (it was black and seemed alright for the job). Now, take the lens of your choice and set it down on the paper. Trace a square slightly larger than the diameter of the lens. You don't need to be exact here. The extra paper is there so you can hold it well. Then in the center of your square you will need to cut out a shape that you want your bokeh to be. You'll need a pretty sharp blade for that. WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FINGERS!!! I am not responsible for any blood loss! Anyway, the size of the cutout does matter. You want to make it around 10-15mm in diameter. You may have to test it out and do a few versions, but 1cm is a good starting point. Now all that is left is to take the paper and put it against the lens. You want to press it to the lens a bit, as not to allow stray light to come in from the sides. You will also need to center your cutout for best results, but the good part is that the effect is instant and you see it in the viewfinder. That is it my friends! Go experiment!
12-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #195
Veteran Member

Zorglub added Voytech to his bookmarks.

:-D