Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mr Stills is back!
You know what man, I wanted to have a break in December and since my job (I'm running a shoe shop in big London's shopping centre) is going to be mad before Christmas it'll put quite a strain on my shooting. But 12 days? Should be manageable and since we can use different lenses this seems tempting. And how on earth could I say no to this great bunch of folks that has gathered around these monthly challenges! Count me IN! I'll give it a go and hope I'll manage a shot a day between 14-26 of Dec... Why not

11-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
Lol...Mounties with tinsel and bears in hats huh? I will do my best! Wow...I should have just fantastic Christmas cards for next year if I can pull it off!!!!
No pressure Lisa, no pressure at all
11-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I think I might give it a go as well. With a middle of summer Christmas, blowies, mozzies, etc etc, it will be a bit different to Lisa's white Christmas I reckon.

Being open slather on lens use, convinced me this time.
11-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Don't know about the rest of you fellas out there, but I'm starting to feel like I belong to a funny sort of extended family! Familiar faces around for a BBQ or tea'n'scones or something! Comforting sort of.

Band of brothers...or sisters...politically incorrect!...don't mention the war...I think I got away with it once...shut up Paddy!

Cheers

11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This sounds like fun so I will join in; if that's okay. Who knows what the weather will bring this year around Christmas. In Kansas it can change three times in one day.
11-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Mr Stills is back!
You know what man, I wanted to have a break in December and since my job (I'm running a shoe shop in big London's shopping centre) is going to be mad before Christmas it'll put quite a strain on my shooting. But 12 days? Should be manageable and since we can use different lenses this seems tempting. And how on earth could I say no to this great bunch of folks that has gathered around these monthly challenges! Count me IN! I'll give it a go and hope I'll manage a shot a day between 14-26 of Dec... Why not
Goodonyasunshine...luv ya stuff, an'wellcome back!

Cheers Paddy
11-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ooops seems I got the intent of the Twelve Days of Christmas a little mangled in the traditional sense.

As per the Funk & Wagnals of our day - Wikipedia:
QuoteQuote:
The twelve days in the song are the twelve days starting Christmas day, or in some traditions, the day after Christmas (December 26) (Boxing Day or St. Stephen's Day, as being the feast day of St. Stephen Protomartyr) to the day before Epiphany, or the Feast of the Epiphany (January 6, or the Twelfth Day). Twelfth Night is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking."
So we have a choice.
We can observe the traditional 12 days of and shoot from the 25 December to January 6. Otherwise, we can document the lead-up to Christmas in our different regions; from 14-26 December. I'm not a stickler either way, but considering folks obligations over the break, I'm happy to hear people's preferences. I'd put it to the vote - though I can't figure how to set-up a voting thingy. So a verbal will have to do:

1. 25 Dec - 6 Jan, or
2. 14 - 26 Dec?

....now this is democracy in action folks

11-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Inactive Account

By the time Christmas actually gets here, I'm going to be so sick of hearing of it I doubt I'll be interested in the game.

11-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2!
After the 26th there aren't many Christmas things around here...
And probably JeffJS is right: "by the time Christmas actually gets here, I'm going to be so sick of hearing of it".
11-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm okay with either...sorry to sit on the fence here.
11-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Crickey, just been through an election in Victoria, and here we have another vote!

I'll vote for............2, like the others, the period between Chrissie and New Year won't be very Christmassy, and may involve some blurred vision on my part!

Should be bonzer stuff!

Cheers Paddy
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
I would like to give this a try also.
I am for # 2
Barbara
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My choice would be #2. Just more opportunities to capture Christmas things in my area.
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #29

Photos: Albums
No 2 for me . to many pairs of wobbly boots worn after the 25th.
Maybe we could have an off focus challenge in the new year.
Mark
11-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by wedgetail Quote
No 2 for me . to many pairs of wobbly boots worn after the 25th.
Maybe we could have an off focus challenge in the new year.
Mark
You idiot...can't be in that one coz I couldn't find me bloody boots! Would socks be OK!

Cheers Paddy