Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #31
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2. for me too... there really isn't much to photograph in London after 26th with exception of SALE signs

11-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And the 2's have it...the mob has spoken

So we'll catch the brighter side of Christmas from each of our corners of the globe....rather than share our Weegee-type images from the underbelly of Christmas. I, for one, still struggle to shake the image of our own Paddy recovering from a vat of egg-nog with only a pair of socks to hide his shame. I certainly don't need a photo to drive the spectre of it home

OK guys (gender inclusive - though I know Lisa don't mind so much) let's get an Album set-up with "12 Days of Christmas" as it's title and we'll be ready to go from Dec 14-26. Other than the photo-a-day capturing the Christmas theme with a Pentax, no other rules apply.

Great to have each and every one of you on-board
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
OK guys (gender inclusive - though I know Lisa don't mind so much)
I also don't mind
11-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Almost drowned in one of those bloody vats once...and I was wearing socks....sigh...the misses pulled me out just before Nirvana! Aaah well, you get that I suppose!

Cheers Paddy

11-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Ahh what the heck, count me in. Nice to have a theme set up. Less thinking of what to shoot But that does mean I have to take the whole camera bag with me! For SiN I was just grabbing my K-x with the 28 on it. Compact! Oh well. Looking forward to the challenge!
11-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #36

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Almost drowned in one of those bloody vats once...and I was wearing socks....sigh...the misses pulled me out just before Nirvana! Aaah well, you get that I suppose!

Cheers Paddy
Gotta watch them socks Paddy they can weigh you down !
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I will have to buy a special Christmasy lens or two (DA 15 and/or DA21) in order to participate with cheer (none of my other 12 lenses work in December), but it sounds like fun. Just don't tell my wife, eh?

11-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #38

Well It looks like the masses have spoken. But just incase I'm with #2 too. There won't be much after the 25th.
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #39

This sounds like fun. And I would love feedback on my photos. I'm brand new to everything involving photography, so this will be a chance to experiment. Is the folder already set up where we post the photos?

Sam
11-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I kept debating whether to join or not. Not much Christmas stuff around here before Christmas. No snow, no decorated spruce trees. But I need something to keep me occupied, so count me in, too. Btw, the 14th is my birthday.

Sam, welcome aboard our little games. The album to post your photos is your own. Just create one and name it 12 days of Christmas, then start adding photos to it.
11-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Yeah ripper mate!

That means I can take some real close-ups of the blowies on the sangas'n'snags
and can still get those noisey bloody cockies on me tele!

Goodonya...and Merry Christmas here we come! (Might even manage a shot of meeself half tanked!)

Cheers Paddy
Which half Cobber, spare us the sight.
Cheers
11-30-2010, 04:12 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can count me in too. Option 2 is OK with me.
Paddy twisted my arm, and I like the idea of using multiple lenses.

Cheers.
11-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Oooh this is tempting!

How do you suggest we put the pictures up? Is it ok to have a thread in the social group or do you prefer the usual gallery treatment? I am asking because I find it a bit difficult to keep track of comments in the gallery.
11-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Torben, I have asked Adam about it and he said that unfortunately it is not possible to add comment notification for someone else's albums. Bummer. I don't think having separate threads for each photo would be very beneficial. With all the participants involved x12 photos, that would be a mess. I like the current format where you can see all entries from each person in a clean and clutter free format.
11-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Oooh this is tempting!

How do you suggest we put the pictures up? Is it ok to have a thread in the social group or do you prefer the usual gallery treatment? I am asking because I find it a bit difficult to keep track of comments in the gallery.
It is tempting, but since I don't live near a town I think I'll pass. Too bad, because I like the feel of being a part of the little challenge club, but I'll be keeping my eyes on you guys.

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Torben, I have asked Adam about it and he said that unfortunately it is not possible to add comment notification for someone else's albums. Bummer. I don't think having separate threads for each photo would be very beneficial. With all the participants involved x12 photos, that would be a mess. I like the current format where you can see all entries from each person in a clean and clutter free format.
It's too bad if you're not a site supporter you have to be careful how many pictures and the size of those pictures you post in your album.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if every joiner opens their own topic in the minichallenge section with the name: 12 days of Christmas challenge?