Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Isn't it fun doing a challenge again?
I know I had a hard time doing SIN, but I really liked checking out the albums every morning.

12-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #122

Photos: Albums
Day 2 photos up! Didn't have time to find any real obviously Christmas-y photos and one of the photos explains why
12-15-2010, 06:19 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Uhm, hello again everyone - and sorry I am late.

This is my first challenge ever, so I hope you will cut me a bit of slack: I did manage to get my first shot yesterday (if sort of last minute and not all that original), and I figured out how to make an album - but then it was very late and I went to bed.

So... I will upload yesterday's photo now, and make sure to update today's photo today also, and I hope you will still let me play...

EDIT: So... I'm sorry for being this clueless, but I can't find everyone's submissions, and I am not sure at all that I made my album in the right place. I tried to look through the thread for directions, and I found the ones for making an album, but not the ones for how to see everyone else's albums. Could a patient person explain it to me again maybe? ...slowly?

Last edited by MetteHHH; 12-15-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Didn't want to make a new post again
12-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Haha, I'm not a patient person, but I will try to help you.

For making your album:
Go to activity on the right top of the forum, next to Manage Account account, click on the arrow pointing down and choose: My Albums.
The rest about that speaks for itself, if not, tell us.

For looking at the other albums:
Go to the bar under the logo PentaxForums and click on Photos.
Choose the first one: Member Photo Albums.
Than you're seeing all the albums all the members made there.
Search on: 12 Days Christmas e voila!

I hope this makes it a bit easier.

12-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Uhm, hello again everyone - and sorry I am late.

This is my first challenge ever, so I hope you will cut me a bit of slack: I did manage to get my first shot yesterday (if sort of last minute and not all that original), and I figured out how to make an album - but then it was very late and I went to bed.

So... I will upload yesterday's photo now, and make sure to update today's photo today also, and I hope you will still let me play...

EDIT: So... I'm sorry for being this clueless, but I can't find everyone's submissions, and I am not sure at all that I made my album in the right place. I tried to look through the thread for directions, and I found the ones for making an album, but not the ones for how to see everyone else's albums. Could a patient person explain it to me again maybe? ...slowly?
Welcome to the challenge. I found your album in the right place.
You have done well!

To see all the other albums use this link
12-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #126
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots on day one everybody...I am looking forward to day 2!
12-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #127

Sorry everyone. I have been taking the pictures for 12 Days of Christmas, But my home computer crashed. I'm hoping to get a new one today and rescue my old hard drive.:ugh:

12-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #128
Veteran Member

That sucks James.
Good luck with restoring and buying a new one.
12-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #129

Thanks Karen. If I can get one new one today it will be a christmas gift to myself. I guess I could wrap it and take a picture of me opening a present early.
12-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #130
Veteran Member

I'll be starting a day late (the 15th) but i'll carry over to the 26th since boxing day is a huge part of the Canadian experience (and boy am I glad I no longer work in retail that was the toughest day of the year - kind of like black friday for the yanks)

I'll get out and start this evening with some lighting shots

and I'm covering a club nights 16th annual christmas party Saturday for a brewery so that will provide some different (and likely drunken) shots
12-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbow007 Quote
Thanks Karen. If I can get one new one today it will be a christmas gift to myself. I guess I could wrap it and take a picture of me opening a present early.
Too bad about your computer but a new one sounds like a much nicer gift than a new furnace or transmission or a number of other "surprise" Christmas gifts you could be facing.

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I'll be starting a day late (the 15th) but i'll carry over to the 26th since boxing day is a huge part of the Canadian experience (and boy am I glad I no longer work in retail that was the toughest day of the year - kind of like black friday for the yanks)
Good point. I say the 26th should be a bonus day for all of us Canadians! I am with you on being glad I no longer work retail. I didn't mind Christmas Eve because you could sell a desperate man anything at 5:00 PM on the 24th but everything came back for return or exchange on the 26th, a true "nightmare after Christmas"!

-Joe
12-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
I didn't mind Christmas Eve because you could sell a desperate man anything at 5:00 PM on the 24th but everything came back for return or exchange on the 26th, a true "nightmare after Christmas"!

-Joe
In my days on the floor at eatons I sold many a man $1200 Microwave ovens at 5 pm christmas eve (about half came back, but a surprising number stayed out (i think it was the embarrassment factor)
I remember selling the demo model of a $000 28" Sony XBR console TV one year ($000 for a 28" tv hard to believe now, I owned a 21"XBR that cost $1600)
12-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks KarenH for the explanation, and jackassp for the link! So many creative shots already!

I look forward to the weekend, until then I'm stuck at work all the time the sun is up and I have to settle for indoor shots.
12-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #134
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbow007 Quote
Sorry everyone. I have been taking the pictures for 12 Days of Christmas, But my home computer crashed. I'm hoping to get a new one today and rescue my old hard drive.:ugh:
that sucks man! but good luck with new computer and with shooting. Just upload it later on when you can!
12-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #135
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

I'll get out and start this evening with some lighting shots

and I'm covering a club nights 16th annual christmas party Saturday for a brewery so that will provide some different (and likely drunken) shots
I'm happy we started on 14 so we (most of us) will finish on 25th. I'm at work on 26th as we start big sale.... joys of retail