Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2010, 04:43 AM   #151

Photos: Albums
k, i was afraid it was something like that. Whenever I export a photo from picasa it strips most of the exif data so I was hoping there was a way to manually make an exif table like the one attached to most folks' photos but oh well. Thanks for the help!

12-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oops, almost forgot. Posted some up too. Christmas Africa.
12-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #153

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
I don't see any photos in your album
12-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks really strange: Your album has a cover photo, and the front page sais 8 photos in the album - but when I open it, it looks empty! I'm afraid you might have a bug in your album?

I wouldn't know what to do with this. Maybe you could delete the album and then create it again?

12-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #155
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
k, i was afraid it was something like that. Whenever I export a photo from picasa it strips most of the exif data so I was hoping there was a way to manually make an exif table like the one attached to most folks' photos but oh well. Thanks for the help!
If you are using Picasa to 'save for web / email' then it is stripping the exif. I make sure from Photoshop that my largest dimension is 1023 pixels. The limit is 1024. You can also copy the exif from the original files and post the relevant information with your photo. Camera, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Date, Focal length.

Edit: If you are using a windows computer (may work with a mac too), I think you can edit the Exifs by looking at the Properties (right click the photo file, and pick properties from the pop up menu). Some other exif viewers may allow you to do the same thing.

Make sure your album is public. We cannot see your photos.

Last edited by JeffJS; 12-16-2010 at 07:03 AM.
12-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, getting a picture a day taken and posted is a challenge in itself on busy days! Thanks for everyone's comments, it will probably be another day or two until I can properly make the rounds of everyone's albums to have a look. I may even get time for more creative offerings of my own. I don't know how so many of you have done 30 day challenges!
-Joe
12-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #157
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
Day 3 up! This is way fun

How do y'all get the exif data to post with the photo?!
As Rense said, make sure you make the long edge of the photo no larger than 1024 pixels or any larger than 1MB and the exif should come through a treat. We discovered this during Single in September when many of us were uploading at 1024 on the short edge....the picture loads fine, but with minimal exif data.

Otherwise, loving the challenge all. People seem to be coming into their stride. Loving the Albums and I look forward to browsing them daily.

Rense: Mate you gotta stick around so I can see what Xmas is all about in the flat land of windmills

12-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #158
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
As Rense said, make sure you make the long edge of the photo no larger than 1024 pixels or any larger than 1MB and the exif should come through a treat. We discovered this during Single in September when many of us were uploading at 1024 on the short edge....the picture loads fine, but with minimal exif data.

Otherwise, loving the challenge all. People seem to be coming into their stride. Loving the Albums and I look forward to browsing them daily.
In looking at her album, only a couple of the photos may violate the 1024 limit and have been re-sized by the forum. The the others do not and the exifs are likely being removed in post processing.

12-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #159
Veteran Member

Yea, Picasa eats the Exif. It also creates a black bar on one side of the image on import from raw.
12-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #160
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Day three is uploaded. I could take my whole 12 days at my sister's house. She goes all out in decorating for Christmas.

I don't use any outside website to upload mine. I upload directly from my computer to my albums.

Last edited by photolady95; 12-16-2010 at 03:01 PM.
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #161

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
As Rense said, make sure you make the long edge of the photo no larger than 1024 pixels or any larger than 1MB and the exif should come through a treat.
Rense: Mate you gotta stick around so I can see what Xmas is all about in the flat land of windmills
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
In looking at her album, only a couple of the photos may violate the 1024 limit and have been re-sized by the forum. The the others do not and the exifs are likely being removed in post processing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Yea, Picasa eats the Exif. It also creates a black bar on one side of the image on import from raw.
Thanks for the info. I noticed the black/purple bar on the top of one of my photos when I was uploading but I had homework to do so I decided not to fuss with it lol
12-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope it's okay, but I had a change of heart with my post for day 3. None of the shots I took yesterday felt right (or good enough) to add but this morning I like this one better. Whew, after today I hope to have more to chose from (that is more time to take pictures) each day.
-Joe
12-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for lerting me Hambino (nice namedoes it mean something other than that you are in Japan) and MetteHHH. Corrected.

Cheerio
Noel
12-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #164

^^^its a nickname a coworker gave me and i just kinda liked it lol

Day 4 up! Its from my camera phone but a camera nonetheless
12-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Original Poster
<duplicated from my Album post>

Guys,

Thanks for your comments on my "On 4th day of Christmas" so far. I need to make abundantly clear that this was in no way supposed to be racist slur. I mean Australia is closer geographically to our Asian brethren than it is to our US and UK friends. The thrust of my text and the chosen angle of the photo was to try and convey that feeling that arrived at that moment. I've hung this ornament on our tree for many many years now - actually he normally finds himself in a prominent place. This was the first time that I turned him over and saw the "there's nothing natural about him" tag.

I suppose this is one of the things I love about photography. In the process of training your eye, you begin to see the world a little differently. By extension that's what I'm most enjoying about this challenge.... I get the opportunity to look at Christmas from everyone else's perspective. It's great and I appreciate you all sharing!

But again no offence intended with my Day 4 entry.