Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Time documents: Show me your genre study, your reportage, your photo story... etc.

Hello folks,

I for myself am very interested in the possibility to tell stories or give an impression and catch the atmosphere in a genre/ environment with a series of images as a time document.

Please show your series of 6 to 12 photos.

It could be the reportage of a sports team wining or loosing, the genre study of how your grandmothers everyday life looks alike, or how a chair is produced in the small factory in your neighborhood or how elder people live in an nursing home. It could be a portrait series of one person in its environment/ during work/ preparing something. It could be a portrait series of a shift of a ticket collector in a train in your city. Could be a series of images of an emergency room, of a service, tea ceremony, cleaning of a temple, a cooking chef, of a couple exchanging tendernesses, or pregnancy gymnastic group...

I think, you got the idea...

6-12 pictures... shot in between 1910 and the present.

I was looking for a thread like this, I could not find it yet.

Show me your time document series, please.

12-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
free time kick

A series of medical students having a free time kick in Leipzig, Germany with some other university students. It was the hottest day that summer.
(To get harsh images I did it with high ISO even it was sunny. I know - it is noise and not grain - but... well... next time I probably choose something else...)

Now they are all physicians in white frocks.

Arriving at the pitch.

The others play first.

Expert.

Finally playing.

Probably loosing.

Lost.

Waiting for next game.

Sweating and relaxing.

Damn heat.

Exhausted.

The man.

Away we go.

I hope you got an impression. Please submit your story...
12-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful idea! I don't have anything to post yet but I'll keep this in mind while shooting.

Great series of a football match. I can feel the heat even though it's snowing outside
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree - this is a really good idea. I don't think I have anything ready just yet, but will keep this thread in mind.

12-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

As a youth I was very much taken by Duane Michals and his photo series, and did some 'homages' of my own (sadly, lost now). His work is worthwhile to look up

Kodak Professional: Features
Duane Michals: Photographer Or Metaphysician? | KPBS.org
Shutterbug: Duane Michals

12-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
Wonderful idea! I don't have anything to post yet but I'll keep this in mind while shooting.
QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
I agree - this is a really good idea. I don't think I have anything ready just yet, but will keep this thread in mind.
I am honestly curious about the results - and the subjects!

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
As a youth I was very much taken by Duane Michals and his photo series, and did some 'homages' of my own (sadly, lost now). His work is worthwhile to look up
Thanks for the tip!
12-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #7

What a nice subject. I didn't have so many series to choose from but i came up with this one.Taken 2009 in Helsinki,Finland

Autumn 2009

It started as a quite peaceful demonstration for people who have to live on the streets.

Demonstration went through city and to area which is filled with mainly empty officebuildings. Over 1000000m2 of unused offices in Helsinki these days.

The city had teared down an older building, used as a "youth center", to build more offices. When acting against social exclusion, these centers do have a big role

When the "official" demonstration ended, a squat started nearby. Even the mass media payed some attention…

Police units arrived with riot gear and all…

At that time main entrance was already broken and people were in .

After few minutes the house was announced to be taken…

12-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I could't somehow view the pictures. I don't know, if I am the only one. I just repost it with the direct links to the jpg's.

Pidän sinun kuvista!

QuoteOriginally posted by HeikkiK Quote
What a nice subject. I didn't have so many series to choose from but i came up with this one.Taken 2009 in Helsinki,Finland

Autumn 2009

It started as a quite peaceful demonstration for people who have to live on the streets.

Demonstration went through city and to area which is filled with mainly empty officebuildings. Over 1000000m2 of unused offices in Helsinki these days.

The city had teared down an older building, used as a "youth center", to build more offices. When acting against social exclusion, these centers do have a big role

When the "official" demonstration ended, a squat started nearby. Even the mass media payed some attention…

Police units arrived with riot gear and all…

At that time main entrance was already broken and people were in .

After few minutes the house was announced to be taken…
12-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #9

Thank you for reposting it... Don't know why my pictures didn't show up. better luck next time maybe =)
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great series Heikki! That shot of the TV-cameraman is great!
09-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Fishermen in Finish Lapland

What a pity that this thread slept a bit.

I did a new approach with Fishermen at the Jerisjärvi in the Finish part of Lappland. They where fishing at the late afternoon and where so kind and allowed me to take photos. The lens is the Pentax 100mm Macro WR, which was wide open.

10-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Arttu

This is a series of a trip with a fishermen on boat called "Arttu" that was leaving before the sunrise to the baltic sea. We got 2.500kg fish, and I got about 500 images. I hope you get an impression of the trip.

The complete series contains 31 images and can be find on my photoblog published one picture a day. The gallery is called "Arttu kalastaja"

I am very open for any critic or impressions!

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

10#

11#

12#