Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I, too, am feeling the pressure. I am in the midst of home renovations, and the house is in total uproar. Pressure on to get all the work finished so things can get back to some form of normality.

Don't worry, I will hang in, but well the photos, at times will be "what you see is what you get"

Great going guys, thus far, anyway.

And all my best wishes for the future from me too, VaughnA.
shoot the reno there has to be something interesting involved

01-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, day 11 is up. I find it quite hard to choose between the various shots, and every day seems to be tougher. But I haven't had any 'day of despair' so far, so I'm starting to believe I'm getting through this one without wounds, so to say......
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #168
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
So, day 11 is up. I find it quite hard to choose between the various shots, and every day seems to be tougher. But I haven't had any 'day of despair' so far, so I'm starting to believe I'm getting through this one without wounds, so to say......
Lucky you Rense. Not that I wouldn't have inspiration but my daily timeline is just gruelling and 77 isn't the easiest to use in the underground... But I'll try....

And thanks for the ideas guys! I'll keep them in mind
01-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do the underground and the 77 match because of the length of the latter, or because of the available light? I guess the first thing??

01-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
Looks like I'm pulling out, I just don't have the time to participate and also enjoy it. My employment has been through a major shakedown in the last week. I'm still employed but had some extremely trying times. Enough that I've decided to go back to complete my college degree. So taking 9 hrs of classes along with a new position is going to be enough to keep me busy. I'll keep an eye on the shots but I"m sad to say I've got too much going on in the 'real' world. Cheers
I have enjoyed your shots especially the sol decoration...a prime example how to turn ordinary into extraordinary. Wish you could continue but life has its terms....more power to you for going back for more education. Best of luck.
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #171
Veteran Member

today is finally up, not the dog yet but it was a close call snow moving in
01-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #172
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
today is finally up, not the dog yet but it was a close call snow moving in
I guess I'll see it later. For some reason when I hit your SiJ album, I get your alternatives album. Perhaps you should change the name of that one to something less close, like, simply, Alternatives.

01-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #173
Veteran Member

Whoa. I haven't hit too many glitches yet (operative word), but sometimes I must admit I've had to capture what was nearest.

I just uploaded 7 through 11!!!
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I guess I'll see it later. For some reason when I hit your SiJ album, I get your alternatives album. Perhaps you should change the name of that one to something less close, like, simply, Alternatives.

changed it we'll see if the issue continues, it's the second time it's happened
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #175
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
changed it we'll see if the issue continues, it's the second time it's happened
Seems to be working fine now.

01-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #176
Veteran Member

day 11 replaced with a better version, other moved to alternates, day 12 up, safety shot on the subway home
01-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #177
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Do the underground and the 77 match because of the length of the latter, or because of the available light? I guess the first thing??
you are right Rense, it's the length of the lens. It's nearly impossible (for me anyways) to shoot form hip. And pointing camera at folks presents a lot of problems and of course the FOV is often too narrow for tunnels.... but I'm still fighting on!
01-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #178
Veteran Member

Hi guys & girls,

Reading this thread makes the sorry feeling for not joining worse and less. Worse because I miss the 'group' feeling and less because I don't think I'm ready again for a month with 1 lens.
Maybe February, doesn't have 30 days ).
Good luck to you all, I'll still be popping in now and then to check what you are all up too.
01-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Karen, you're always welcom, you know that!
01-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a few thoughts about this experience. It is good because given our cold weather and short days I might not have taken any pictures this month and certainly wouldn't be carrying may camera with me every day.

However, on the negative (so to speak) I am not any more fond of my lens and ever more aware of its limitations while I keep adding to my list of desired primes (for example, definitely a 50, a 70, but now 28 looks like a focal length I could relate to) and oh my, those high ISO shots those who have K-5 and k-r cameras are producing are doing more to impress me than any of the reviews or camera dedicated forums could do!

-Joe