Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Count me in too! Lens TBA

12-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
Hmmm, what lens to use! I'm so new to everything that all my lenses are new to me I just ordered a 28mm f/2.8 on eBay that I should be getting tomorrow (sent to my mom's house and told her to wrap it and put it under the tree haha!) but I got the new 35mm 2.4 last month. I love my M 50mm 1.7 so much that none of my other lenses have gotten much use...I'm leaning towards the 28mm b/c I like manual so much that I feel like auto-focus is almost cheating
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
Hmmm, what lens to use! I'm so new to everything that all my lenses are new to me I just ordered a 28mm f/2.8 on eBay that I should be getting tomorrow (sent to my mom's house and told her to wrap it and put it under the tree haha!) but I got the new 35mm 2.4 last month. I love my M 50mm 1.7 so much that none of my other lenses have gotten much use...I'm leaning towards the 28mm b/c I like manual so much that I feel like auto-focus is almost cheating
That's kind of the idea behind the challenge, to see what you would do if you had to choose only one lens to use. For SiN I chose an 85mm lens. It was interesting trying to take indoor shots with that one. Haven't decided which to use for SiJ (doesn't quite have the ring of SiN now Does it?).. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

12-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Hambino,

There were quite a few people, myself included, who used a 28mm for the SiN challenge. Such a versatile focal length on APS-C! You will absolutely love it I think. Take a peep in the albums

12-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Can I be a part?

I've done this on my own this december and it's been so fun!!!
12-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Brilliant explanation Torban...could not have been explained better. Seems that Stillshunter started a snowball. One note you might add is about a possible photo-book and to save the originals just in case. I know the book was an afterthought in SiS and some (myself included) did not save printable files.
Happy and safe holidays to all,
chris
12-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Nice explanation Torben.
I'll pass for January, just want to have a break from all those challenges.
Next week my 1 Year of Pixar finishes, one more week for my 52 weeks of Pr1mo and than the only thing I will be starting the next year is 52 weeks of Rocco.
I've also got my own Themes & Challenges group with a friend on Flickr, so for now... it's enough. I will be keeping my eye on you though and try to comment of course.
Good luck everyone who's joining, it's fun and hard (that's for the newbies, the veterans already know that of course).

12-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bogiesbad! I have updated the FAQ with your excellent suggestion :-)
Karen, I am sure we will meet again in some challenge :-)
12-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #24
Banned

I just got one of the bottom of the barrel Takumars (28 k mount). Since I used the 50mm F2 on Single in Sept I'll stick to using the bottom of the barrel lenses to see what I can do. In many ways I think this is a great way to do the challenge. Shows you that the shooter matters more than the glass.
12-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #25
Inactive Account

This may seem like a very dumb question, but I'm wondering where and exactly how we participate in this...

Also, if I choose a zoom lens, do I have to stick with one focal length on that lens? Or can I have the entire focal range?
12-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
This may seem like a very dumb question, but I'm wondering where and exactly how we participate in this...

Also, if I choose a zoom lens, do I have to stick with one focal length on that lens? Or can I have the entire focal range?
There is no such question as a dumb question! In fact yours were missing in the FAQ, so I added them :-)

>8--------

Q: How do I participate?
A: Create an album called "Single in January". Go to your User Control Panel, and under Your Profile, choose "Edit Photo Albums". There you can create the album.

Q: If I choose a zoom lens, do I have to stick with one focal length on that lens? Or can I have the entire focal range?
A: You can use the entire focal range

>8--------
12-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Zorglub, thanks for clarifying...

Hope you don't mind, but I have one more question. Once I've created my album, where/how do I submit my album to be included?
12-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My pleasure Mr. Ubuntu :-)

>8-------

Q: Once I've created my album, where/how do I submit my album to be included?
A: There is no need to submit it as everybody participating in the challenge will be listed here (click me!) automatically because they are all called "Single in January". Note that your album will not show up until it contains at least one picture.

>8------

Last edited by Zorglub; 12-24-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add : Note that your album will not show up until it contains at least one picture.
12-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #29

Count me in for this, I need to get out and shoot moe pictures anyway. I'll be using a brand new Tamron 70-300 Di
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Today was a good day with the DA 15, so I will be going for SiJ with it. I just hope that I can get some good opportunities while there is enough light as the sun sets at about 4 PM.