Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hahaha no it won't be a single lens for the whole year, one a month i think is hard enough (if I work my way through all my lenses some months will be difficult (for example a month with the 200 f4.0) and some will be easy (i have a cheapo tamron 28-200 that would be easy)
I'd have several months of 50-55
and the da14 month would be hard (it'll probably be best as a summer lens i think)
the only one i really don't think i'll use is the tokina rmc 70-200 f4.0 it weighs a ton

by year end my manual focus skills should be top notch though given how few AF lenses I own

01-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My final shot is up.....

It has been great, thank you all! Although I'm glad it's over - some things get harder in time - I loved this challenge, as I did the SiN challenge. 50mm was easier than the 135mm of November. And the SMC Takumar 55/1.8 served as a reliable friend these 31 days. Time to give her some rest, I guess...

Thank you for your comments, encouragement, humor, company, fun. It was great. I didn't comment as much as I wanted; sometimes life asks more than only photography and photography forums. But I liked your contributions, and being in this together. I hope I will be able to catch up a little in the coming days......

Hope to see you in one of the upcoming challenges!
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #303
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My last shot is up as well...and I now already feel like there is a empty space I want to fill...

I wanted to say something nice to you all...but I guess Rense said it all
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Thank you for your comments, encouragement, humor, company, fun. It was great. I didn't comment as much as I wanted; sometimes life asks more than only photography and photography forums. But I liked your contributions, and being in this together. I hope I will be able to catch up a little in the coming days......

Hope to see you in one of the upcoming challenges!
Thanks!!
01-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My final shot is up and two spares posted to the group thread. These are not brilliant shots but the lens performs well so I wanted to post them. Now I feel ready to review this lens.
Thank you to Torben for getting the ball rolling, thanks to everyone for your comments and for all your inspirational albums. I still have to get around to all of them but I will. For those going on into February, enjoy! I will be back in the future.
-Joe

01-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #305
Inactive Account

30 days in the photo can..

Folks, it looks like I won't be getting a day 31 shot. My K5 is on the way to Chandler AZ (through a blizzard ) and it was just too damn cold today for me to go out and enjoy taking photos. I'll probably pick up where I left off on Feb 1 at some point in the day but for SiJ, I'm done.

To everyone who looked and wanted to comment, thank you. I know the spirit was there. To everyone who looked and Did comment, Thank you. I always appreciate knowing I've not completely wasted my time. To all of those who haven't looked, go ahead... There is nothing too offensive in my albums.

To all of the people who participated, even those who dropped out early. I've looked at each and every one of your albums. Usually at 4am and it's difficult for me to come up with witty comments or even useful comments at that hour. I would say I'll do better next time but we'll take that on a day by day basis.

See you in February (yeah, I know it's less than a day away)..

02-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #306
Pentaxian

I just want to say I enjoyed it as well. Thanks everyone for the comments and critique. I think we all learn a little more about photography when doing these challenges. February I'm going to skip. I have a lot of stuff around the house to catch up on and would like to have all those projects done by spring so my time can be spent in the woods and on the water with my camera and not feel guilty for neglecting other things. I'll still be taking photos and posting them though and I'll try and follow the Feb. challenge. For now, we have a weather forecast for 30 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow so I have some work to do.
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #307
Veteran Member

Hang in there bud! We're getting much less of this mess here in NY Metro area but still PITA!

Thanks all for this month. My last two are up. Compared to Single in November, I found my photos a lot "weaker". I'll blame the weather and the fact that I'm much more comfortable at wider focal lengths. Still, it was fun. I learned a ton about this little Petri lens. It's not so bad after all! I will be adding a review to the lens database once I have a chance to type it up.

Now it is time for February.

02-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #308
Veteran Member

Final Shot now posted. Shot on film. much wider FOV

No snow here yet but it's coming

on to february
02-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #309
Inactive Account

Another single over! The trip's been bonzer, with some old mates, and some new cobbers! Well done all!!

Stuffed if I could get 'round all your albums this month....been a busy time for .. why I'm not bloody sure, but will try catching up over the next week. Dipping out of the Feb thing, every second month seems to work for me!

Thinking, if we do this long enough, maybe a Single(?) book for a year! 1 photo each month...but that would be 2 years from now ...what an epic...like maybe 2 years of self portraits!...don't think so!

Anyway, thanks to the whole bloody lotayah! Yah blood's worth bottlin"

Cheers Paddy
02-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #310
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
It's never over Paddy! :-D

At least my DA 15 doesn't think it is. I am seriously thinking about getting another body so I can have it with me at ready alert with I am out with a long lens. Is that crazy? Instead of LBA I've contracted ... BBA?

Oh, I have to show this one. I found the perspective correction tool in Lightroom - that works like a charm.

02-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #311
Veteran Member

not crazy at all, many times i've been out with 2 bodies (sometimes 3) and i mean digital. with film it was the norm for me to carry 2 all the time (b/w in one colour slide in the other)
02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #312
Veteran Member

Original Poster
3 .. holy moly! Thanks Eddie you may have put me over the top.
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #313
Veteran Member

Yes, the automatic distortion correction is a time saver for sure! Does wonders to architectural shots. I find the manual one handy as well (I used it on my first shot of February for example).
02-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #314
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
It's never over Paddy! :-D

At least my DA 15 doesn't think it is. I am seriously thinking about getting another body so I can have it with me at ready alert with I am out with a long lens. Is that crazy? Instead of LBA I've contracted ... BBA?

Oh, I have to show this one. I found the perspective correction tool in Lightroom - that works like a charm.
Excellent shot and justice done by a magic tool..must investigate this meeself, though the widest lense I have is the 28mm I just used in SiJ, and didn't suffer too much from aspherics!!

As for going out with more than one body, the wife gets upset when I take the girlfriends out...OUCH!...sorry dear, just kidding! Have a few old film bodies, but can't afford the extra digital yet, a K-5 would be bloody bewt!

Cheers All

Paddy
02-04-2011, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #315
Veteran Member

Better late than never...Thanks to all for letting me participate in this month's challenge. After SIS I vowed the next challenge to view everyone's album each day as I got so far behind and missed commenting on some excellent images.
I was doing OK but got into a bit of a funk over some personal problems where I found it hard to express positive thoughts. I have since caught up and am very happy I did. There are so many excellent photos and I learn more and more from each one I see...a great lesson in history, geography and of course photography.
Thanks for the ride and I hope to join again.

Now to see the world with 18-250 auto-focus eyes for a while...
maybe 55-300 and 170-500 too.
chris