Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Plastic cups. That's no way to treat a beer...unless of course you have to.

01-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #47

Again not the best beer, but pretty smooth bokeh from the DA35 Ltd.

… perhaps I don't have any pictures of my favorite beers as I'm busy drinking them.
01-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Plastic cups. That's no way to treat a beer...unless of course you have to.
01-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tell me about it. It was a party after all but I did bring my own glass. Party guests get plastic, friends get glass.

01-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
We just opened the first bottles of our 1st homebrew. The Belgian Tripel that we started about a month ago. We needed something to drink while working on our 2nd batch which is a nice Pale Ale, not IPA but hoppier than Sierra etc according to the guy who gave us the recipe.

So we pop the top and hear a satisfying PSSST, we pour and see a nice golden head. We'd heard that your first homebrew will be the best beer you've ever tasted. I was surprised to find out it's true. We love Delirium Tremens and this is at least as good. It is honestly one of the top 5 beers I've ever tasted. It's the recipe that won a couple of awards for our local brewer. And at 8% alcohol and a light breakfast we're feeling it.
OMG!!

The first pour from the first bottle.

The Fruits of our Labor..
Has home brewing changed yet? last time I tried a home brew, the best tasted like a bitter wine... Yuk!
Is there "mexican" style home brews?

thanks

randy
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
We just opened the first bottles of our 1st homebrew. The Belgian Tripel that we started about a month ago.
Wow! That looks very good. 1st homebrew ever? The colour looks spot on

I occasionally get Chimay Blue, which is a lot darker than yours, and Duvel, which looks about the same. I prefer the German style for casual tippling and have the strong Belgians to savour.

Richard.

Last edited by RichardS; 01-26-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
01-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This came close to being a tragedy. It's Australia Day today and someone I've known for almost 35 years was elected "Australian of the Year", so I decided to have a couple of Australian beers to celebrate. None in the fridge But I found a bottle of Beck's hiding at the back. This will have to do. Except, OH NO, it's past its best before date. How did that happen? But, beer is beer, so I gave it a go. It wasn't as fresh as it should be, but it was OK.

Richard.

01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Has home brewing changed yet? last time I tried a home brew, the best tasted like a bitter wine... Yuk!
Is there "mexican" style home brews?

thanks

randy

Randy,

When was the last time you had a homebrew? You probably just had a style of beer you didn't much care for.
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Randy,

When was the last time you had a homebrew? You probably just had a style of beer you didn't much care for.
back in the 80's my brother used to make it.... maybe he was just bad at it
has it evolved since then?

cheers

randy
01-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #55
Veteran Member

back in the 80's my brother used to make it.... maybe he was just bad at it
has it evolved since then?

cheers

randy
It's always been good and bad, it's usually the maker or using poor kits that makes for a bad homebrew. I brewed for a big part of the 80s and early 90s at a ubrew with a mash Tun. Never used a kit always started from mash and made many a beer i would have been happy to place against any micro brewery. Really the Canadian Micro brew scene grew straight out of the home brew craze in the 80's, a lot of the people who started them had been brewing in their basements
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
It's always been good and bad, it's usually the maker or using poor kits that makes for a bad homebrew. I brewed for a big part of the 80s and early 90s at a ubrew with a mash Tun. Never used a kit always started from mash and made many a beer i would have been happy to place against any micro brewery. Really the Canadian Micro brew scene grew straight out of the home brew craze in the 80's, a lot of the people who started them had been brewing in their basements
which micro brew would you say your homebrew tastes like? I have tried most of the mill st and a few other micros like robersimpson from barrie (also flying monkey which I thought was to bitter for me) to name a few

randy
01-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #57
Inactive Account

Chinon 50 1.9 + Ryka 2x

about Naty Bohs

Details
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
Veteran Member

which micro brew would you say your homebrew tastes like? I have tried most of the mill st and a few other micros like robersimpson from barrie (also flying monkey which I thought was to bitter for me) to name a few

randy
I mostly brewed ales and when I didn't gop off in some whako direction (ie Chilie beer) the closest i could put some of my beers would have been durham count SPA, Mills St Tankhouse, Mill St Coffee porter (different batch obviously), Wellington County SPA
really if it is a hoppier ale it's in the style i favoured as that is what i drink.
I never brewed a Lager as it isn't my style of beer I've tasted a couple of decent ones people brewed ( a friend of mine was brewing one similar to Corona for world cup)
01-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

unartist: They're still making Natty Bo?
01-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #60
Inactive Account

unartist: They're still making Natty Bo?
Follow the link in original post... still made and now they'll be distributing KEGS for the 1st time in 15 years. It usually goes for $1 to $1.50 a can at a bar, so I figure were looking at a lot of "Dollar Draft Nights"... Boh knows!!!