04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shot in a school hallway with a Vivitar 135/2.8 :

04-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #230
Inactive Account

I have been posting some pictures, but I am way out of my league. I have really enjoyed the photos and learned a lot from the information posted on the forum. Thanks

04-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neighborhood garden in Vancouver. (Kodak Ektar 100)

Phil

Last edited by gofour3; 04-15-2011 at 11:15 AM.
04-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #232
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emetcalf Quote
I have been posting some pictures, but I am way out of my league. I have really enjoyed the photos and learned a lot from the information posted on the forum. Thanks
I've seen some of your pictures, Eda, and there's no way that you are out of your league. There are some very gifted and accomplished photographers posting here, so comparison with them can be a bit brutal for one's ego. Best to think of it as inspiration.

You have very good looking park benches in your area

Richard.

04-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #233
Veteran Member

If shot on film is allowed...

Last edited by philippe; 08-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.
04-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #234
Inactive Account

Thanks, Richard. I having been taking pictures since I took a High School Photography class, and it was with a 35mm Pentax. Saved all my money for it, Last year I finally saved up again for my k-x DSLR, then K20D, and bought a istD for my daughter, enjoy them so much.
04-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #235
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I have been posting some pictures, but I am way out of my league.
There's a league? Why wasn't I told.

QuoteQuote:
Thanks, Richard. I having been taking pictures since I took a High School Photography class, and it was with a 35mm Pentax. Saved all my money for it, Last year I finally saved up again for my k-x DSLR, then K20D, and bought a istD for my daughter, enjoy them so much.
As a former HS photography teacher, there's a story that warms my heart.
04-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #236
Inactive Account

Well, I just fell that the quality and variety of pictures is so amazing that my pale in comparison. Maybe league was not the right word. LOL I love the forum and have learned so much from all of you.
Normhead, I loved the High School Photography class, really loved the dark room experience. Would love to be able to do some of the stuff electronically but haven't mastered my programs. Any suggestion on editing software?
04-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #237
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi, I want to echo Richard and Norm. This forum is a fun way to develop your eye and skills in a friendly environment. Oh yeah folks get hot under the collar here and there but I have definitely grown a lot as a photographer over the year I've been active. This mini-challenges and games section is a great place to hang out. so keep 'em coming!
04-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #238
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Hi, I want to echo Richard and Norm. This forum is a fun way to develop your eye and skills in a friendly environment. Oh yeah folks get hot under the collar here and there but I have definitely grown a lot as a photographer over the year I've been active. This mini-challenges and games section is a great place to hang out. so keep 'em coming!
Hi Eda - ...and I want to echo Joe as well. I was a P&S'er for years with *some* compositional skill, but when I got a DSLR & joined the forum, I felt the same way as you at first. A little dog trying to run with the Big Dogs . This is a great place to observe, learn & contribute, and most folks here are more than happy to steer you in the right direction. Keep on posting

edit: I see you're from Lake Jackson...Texas? The town with the funny street names?

Last edited by paulh; 04-15-2011 at 06:58 AM.
04-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #239
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Would love to be able to do some of the stuff electronically but haven't mastered my programs. Any suggestion on editing software?
There are some threads on this topic. Unfortunately my school board just purchased Photoshop, a huge license, there was really no need for me to compare other software. Just an overall impression, I've heard great things about Adobe Elements as being functional and not so costly. I'm also a Mac guy, so Aperture is my main editing software, although it doesn't completely eliminate the need for Photoshop. But, the best way to go at this is to start a thread. Tell people what hardware you have, and someone with a system similar to your will post and tell you what works for them.
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #240
Inactive Account

Thanks for all the encouragement, I will start a new thread on the software issue.

And Yes Paul, I live in the city with the street names, This Way, That Way, Any Way,etc. Funny giving direction. thanks everyone....