Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6760 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2021, 03:19 AM   #11341
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing that anyone could handle hyena. I suspect the fellow doing research really has a tiger by the tail. He reminds me of Treadwell who had made friends with wild bears.
Timothy Treadwell Devoted His Life To Grizzly Bears, Until They Ate Him

08-29-2021, 04:19 AM - 2 Likes   #11342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

08-29-2021, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #11343
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Hyenas have many dog-like mannerisms, but woe be to anyone who offers a wild hyena their hand for a sniff. People have raccoons, skunks, ocelot, cheetah even a wolf on a leash, but I've never seen a hyena domesticated and tamed sufficiently to be held on a leash.
Actually, there is one Hyena owner here in Beaverton who keeps his Hyena on a leash. The owner's name is; "LEFTY." ))

Wonderful wildlife capture sir.

Tonytee
08-29-2021, 04:50 AM - 3 Likes   #11344
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Actually, there is one Hyena owner here in Beaverton who keeps his Hyena on a leash. The owner's name is; "LEFTY." ))

Wonderful wildlife capture sir. Tonytee
I marvel and frankly am disturbed that anyone would keep such an animal as a pet. BUT, there is the snake cult in the southeastern USA that asserts if your faith is strong and true, you can handle a rattlesnake without being bitten. If you are bitten, you were in some way deficient and the congregation will pray over you. There are no accurate data on the number of bites or deaths among this group.

People adopt lion kittens as pets. They are cute and playful as any kitten. Then they grow up and their dietary and spacial needs become a crushing financial burden for the majority of their loving owners.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-29-2021, 09:52 AM - 2 Likes   #11345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

08-29-2021, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #11346
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Peek-a-boo! Come on in, the water is full or parasites.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-29-2021, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #11347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes I just sits

08-29-2021, 02:49 PM - 5 Likes   #11348
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A female, then a male bringing insects to their chicks (the male has a small beetle). Going through some images from 2014 I found these two unprocessed from a batch I took of bluebirds. These two image files were bypassed for others that I thought were better,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-30-2021, 05:23 AM - 3 Likes   #11349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FAB shots Sir!, And you should be ashamed of yourself, making us wait 7 years to see those

08-30-2021, 05:53 AM - 2 Likes   #11350
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
FAB shots Sir!, And you should be ashamed of yourself, making us wait 7 years to see those
I am contrite and cowering - - - - - HA!

Loon
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
08-30-2021, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #11351
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apology accepted

08-30-2021, 06:26 AM   #11352
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Apology accepted
I'm not so sure I'm as forgiving. Those are some seriously bad ass photos. My life was diminished.
08-30-2021, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #11353
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sacred ibis. The bird is not at all well separated from the background. BTW, as I just learned, this bird is "sacred" because it's importance to ancient Egyptian religion where it associated with the god Thoth. I knew that a long time ago, although I sometimes forget the name of the ibis-god. What I did not know = the sacred ibis has been extirpated completely from Egypt, extinct where it was once regarded as "sacred."
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-31-2021, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #11354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This timber rattlesnake was not being handled by any religious group. This is the first time I have ever seen one in the wild, and I was happy it wasn't a surprise walking upon it. Even so I was so surprised that I messed up the closeup photos, being in too much of a hurry because I thought the snake would slither away into the brush, so it was set for shooting diving terns at the beach, and not late afternnon sinking sun in the woods. Then another truck was approaching and I flagged them down so they would not run over it. Fortunately Lightroom was effective for the under exposed shots. And the full body shot was with my other camera and 55-300 PLM.

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 08-31-2021 at 01:46 PM.
08-31-2021, 03:53 PM   #11355
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
This timber rattlesnake was not being handled by any religious group. This is the first time I have ever seen one in the wild, and I was happy it wasn't a surprise walking upon it. Even so I was so surprised that I messed up the closeup photos, being in too much of a hurry because I thought the snake would slither away into the brush, so it was set for shooting diving terns at the beach, and not late afternnon sinking sun in the woods. Then another truck was approaching and I flagged them down so they would not run over it. Fortunately Lightroom was effective for the under exposed shots. And the full body shot was with my other camera and 55-300 PLM.

Those turned out fine. We came across an eastern diamondback that was crossing the road during a trip in Florida, back in the film era. I stopped & got out of the car to take a couple of pictures (poor) while wife & daughter threw forty conniptions in the car. But, the eastern diamondback is reasonably docile, especially compared to the western version that is notorious for lifting the front third of its body off the ground into threat-strike posture. The one I was photographing didn't even rattle.