05-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #11011

QuoteOriginally posted by jquill Quote
Pelican
great catch

05-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #11012
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had only 17-50 Sigma on my K-3/3 so nothing much, still it was amusing to see those little guys fight

05-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #11013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Local Wildlife @ Zoo Lake
05-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #11014
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been a member of Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden for decades, at one time there were a couple of "don't feed the alligators" signs near the lakes. Now there are a bunch of these signs scattered in a number of different parts of the garden

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
05-20-2021, 05:00 AM   #11015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More Cormorants
05-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #11016
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-3 Mk III + Sigma 17-50

Eat all you can

05-21-2021, 05:35 PM   #11017
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"What exactly are you two trying to say?"

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
05-22-2021, 05:29 AM   #11018
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darter
05-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #11019
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chipping sparrow, cute little fellows.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
05-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #11020
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

NOT AVIAN! Has no business at my bird feeder.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
05-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #11021
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
NOT AVIAN! Has no business at my bird feeder.
OMG! In your yard?! Did he <it?> topple the feeder or is that debris from something else?

We have bears, but not (to my knowledge) anywhere near the metro area, at least not any more. When I was a teenager there may have been one or two out in the far outer 'burbs closer to the Everglades. A friend said she saw one in some woods, nothing but housing developments there now.
05-22-2021, 12:47 PM   #11022
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
OMG! In your yard?! Did he <it?> topple the feeder or is that debris from something else?

We have bears, but not (to my knowledge) anywhere near the metro area, at least not any more. When I was a teenager there may have been one or two out in the far outer 'burbs closer to the Everglades. A friend said she saw one in some woods, nothing but housing developments there now.
Yes, in my back yard. Yes, it toppled the feeder. Primarily after suet cakes, ripped apart one of them and bent the other. Also cleaned up all the seeds (they always do). I could construct a bear-proof feeder, but M wouldn't like the esthetics, so I just put up with them toppling the feeder and taking stuff now and then while they're out of hibernation. This one looked young and lean. The one that came before it was far bigger.I

We also have white-tail deer, opossum, raccoon, grey and red fox, at least once a coyote, and once a big mustelid, possibly a fisher or less likely a mink (the latter like to be near water).
05-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #11023
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some people have all the luck in the world. Others of us have to go far and wide to see some wildlife. These from Delta Park, the breeding pair of Spotted Eagle Owls.
Male

Female

05-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #11024
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Yes, in my back yard. Yes, it toppled the feeder. Primarily after suet cakes, ripped apart one of them and bent the other. Also cleaned up all the seeds (they always do). I could construct a bear-proof feeder, but M wouldn't like the esthetics, so I just put up with them toppling the feeder and taking stuff now and then while they're out of hibernation. This one looked young and lean. The one that came before it was far bigger.I

We also have white-tail deer, opossum, raccoon, grey and red fox, at least once a coyote, and once a big mustelid, possibly a fisher or less likely a mink (the latter like to be near water).
Amazing! I don't suppose it would reduce the demolition if you just set out some suet cakes for them, away from the feeder...

Yah, we have raccoons, possums, gray foxes, too. There are rumors of coyotes but I've never seen one. And of course chupacabras ("goat-sucker" in Spanish), a mythical monster from Latin American folklore. One hears tales of chupacabras occasionally from the more Hispanic parts of town...

---------- Post added 05-22-21 at 04:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Some people have all the luck in the world. Others of us have to go far and wide to see some wildlife. These from Delta Park, the breeding pair of Spotted Eagle Owls.
Male

Female

Great captures, Noel! They're out and about in broad daylight? Shows what I know about owls!
05-22-2021, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #11025
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
One hears tales of chupacabras occasionally from the more Hispanic parts of town!
A strange animal corpse was found somewhere in SA (too long ago for me to remember specifics) that locals said was undoubtedly a chupacabra. Turned over for analysis by deeply knowledgeable scientists for anatomical and DNA analysis. Town gathered to hear results. "Without doubt, a stray dog suffering from severe mange." The townspeople attacked the scientists and had to be restrained by police. Note my sign off. The numbers are frightening, even in the USA.

Note the evidence of a mythical beast wandering locally, post #34398, currently the very last post on the "I Spy" thread.

And I forgot to list the eastern cottontail rabbits that sometimes destroy flowers and awaken Dahlia's scientific curiosity. She wants to open one to see what makes it go.

AND a male cowbird. (mistake in typing corrected on the identification)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 

Last edited by WPRESTO; 05-23-2021 at 06:00 AM.