Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #61
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
True, there is no way I would ''waste'' film on these types of shots.
Especially when ...

The idea is to show what is at the red lights when you have to stop and wait for it to change green. It can be a store front, a person(s) crossing, the jerk who always has to be the first one at the red light. Use your imagination.

Not the driving down the street. But I haven't said anything about it because I didn't want to be too restrictive here. If you'd prefer to show the intersections from a pedestrian point of view, have at it.

04-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Especially when ...

The idea is to show what is at the red lights when you have to stop and wait for it to change green. It can be a store front, a person(s) crossing, the jerk who always has to be the first one at the red light. Use your imagination.

Not the driving down the street. But I haven't said anything about it because I didn't want to be too restrictive here. If you'd prefer to show the intersections from a pedestrian point of view, have at it.

Well, I apologize for not following the letter of the law in this thread. Signing off now.
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #63
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Well, I apologize for not following the letter of the law in this thread. Signing off now.
Well, you're complaining about the types of shots asked for in the thread. I appreciate participation but if you're going to do so in protest, Have a nice day.

04-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Hrm, well, I hadn't assumed anyone *posted* shots while not actually stopped at lights. (I didn't, anyway.) Thought we were just talking about it in general.

04-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, you're complaining about the types of shots asked for in the thread. I appreciate participation but if you're going to do so in protest, Have a nice day.

I don't think Javier was complaining about the types of shots - he and RML were talking about digital vs film. Seeing how many shots taken while driving aren't going to turn out decently, it might be a 'waste' of film (each shot costs $), but with digital, you can knock yourself out. A shot only costs space on your memory card. This is how I interpreted the discussion - if I'm off base, then nevermind
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #66
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hrm, well, I hadn't assumed anyone *posted* shots while not actually stopped at lights. (I didn't, anyway.) Thought we were just talking about it in general.

RML, it appears to me that your last shot was taken at a red light. Maybe I'm seeing things. I like the shot and still appreciate your participation (but would be very temped to push that wedding carriage out of my way since it appears to be the only go Through lane, not that I would actually do it ).

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I don't think Javier was complaining about the types of shots - he and RML were talking about digital vs film. Seeing how many shots taken while driving aren't going to turn out decently, it might be a 'waste' of film (each shot costs $), but with digital, you can knock yourself out. A shot only costs space on your memory card. This is how I interpreted the discussion - if I'm off base, then nevermind
I appreciate that too. I meant this thread to be an exercise in fun. That's it. My earlier response to JD was intended for an earlier statement that he'd rather get out and take the photo. I never said anyone had to be in, or even On a vehicle to participate. If your red light is a crosswalk you are waiting at, on foot, so be it.

04-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #67
Veteran Member

RML, it appears to me that your last shot was taken at a red light. Maybe I'm seeing things. I like the shot and still appreciate your participation (but would be very temped to push that wedding carriage out of my way since it appears to be the only go Through lane, not that I would actually do it ).

Well, they're both actually while stopped at red lights, actually. (Occasionally there's rather a bit of a backup. )

So's this... Actually, I realized I'd come up alongside a historic building that'd had a fire just that week (if I recall the timing that well.) One-handed this one, though. Gotta love vertical grips. (Of course that'd have been more stylin if the autofocus had actually been turned on. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-06-2011 at 10:08 PM.
04-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #68
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Your Flickr says Musical History... What was the building?

Yes, AF does have its uses from time to time I admit I have more than a fair share of shots where it would have helped and I forgot to turn it back on.

04-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Some really nice images here. Here's one from a few days ago.

04-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #70
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WWIFA Quote
That's a great shot..

04-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WWIFA Quote

I see you stayed well behind that police car.
04-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Sometimes at grade crossings, there's a stop line much further back, but the police will pull right up to the gate, presumably so they can look up and down the tracks for any problems/people in danger/kids clowning around/etc.

Oh, and, Jeff, it's ostensibly where REM played their first gig, or whatnot: I was by there in the past few days, and someone's rebuilding, anyway. Ought to be interesting. My understanding is it'd been neglected a long time: an old church owned the property around it? and that church burned down, (that's the steeple from it in the back, though) and someone put in condoes. Which seems to have kind of cut the place off from access and parking or something and perhaps made it less viable for gigs, or whatnot. In any event, it'd been neglected for a long time.

Actually, here's one I grabbed yesterday: my sweetie was interested in this, and mentioned it as traffic started moving jerkily. I was proud I managed to hit, anyway. (I've yet to really impress on my dear one that a slow and smooth roll is a lot better for this sort of thing than start-stop a few times, ) (Still trying to get things to stop looking so *fuzzy* when sized down for the Web, thought I had it for a while, there.)
Attached Images

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.
04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Thanks Jeff. You got some crazy blue fog there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Indeed! Hard to see but there's a cross street in front of me...not that anybody drove by.
"The future doesn't need you." How grumpy do you have to be to put that up? Nice one!

From Denver last week.

04-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #74
Veteran Member

From the outside, looks like some good cookin'
Nice capture, Bruce.
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
From the outside, looks like some good cookin' Nice capture, Bruce.
Jools! Thanks.
Don't know about the food. Went to a Polish place with friends. She's Polish and goes there a lot.
Chicken schnitzel, yum.
Bruce