Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #106
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Nice to see this one brought to the top once in awhile. Haven't had much of my own to add lately but still enjoy seeing everyone else's work.

11-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This shot could go in many other threads, but, since I was at a red light (it's around the corner) and we haven't seen much in Jeff's thread for a while, here we go with a bit of car lust.

Richard.
02-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Me again. A bent Lexus. Oops.

Some people around here think that stopping at red lights is either optional or has a time-shift provision. Some people think that a green light means that it's safe to go ahead without checking the cross street. When someone in the first category meets someone in the second category, pain can ensue. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Richard.
02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Me again. A bent Lexus. Oops.

Some people around here think that stopping at red lights is either optional or has a time-shift provision. Some people think that a green light means that it's safe to go ahead without checking the cross street. When someone in the first category meets someone in the second category, pain can ensue. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Richard.
Some people around here think the same, and I'm sure much pain has ensued as well .
Another red light from last summer with a PnS - this is near Malibu, Calif.

Last edited by paulh; 03-04-2013 at 09:33 AM.
02-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #110

Photos: Gallery
Not quite a red light, but, I did hit a stop sign. I was at a part of Mt. Baldy that required a recreation pass that I didn't feel like buying so I did a little drive by shooting.
Attached Images

03-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #111
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The light looks red in both directions! So let's stop for a coffee.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
03-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Some people around here think the same, and I'm sure much pain has ensued as well . From last summer with a PnS -
Since your light shows red the van appears to have a the right of way and a green for them. What am I missing?

03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Since your light shows red the van appears to have a the right of way and a green for them. What am I missing?
Ah...I see what you're saying. I wasn't attempting to illustrate my comment there, crewl1. Just another red light shot .
Here's another - well, actually a "green light" shot. Since you're in SoCal, you might recognize the area - I think this is Topanga Cyn heading out towards PCH. This shot was taken a few minutes before that other one.
06-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #114
Pentaxian

Hey, this is a cool idea for a thread. I think it's worth bringing it up again.

This one isn't at a red light, but it doesn't violate the "stopped in traffic with a camera in hand" theme. I was at a dead stop in seven lanes of northbound traffic on the 75/85 connector in Atlanta, on my way back to college after a weekend with my parents. I happened to come to a stop right next to the cause of the stoppage:

I've spent a long time just looking at this picture; it fascinates me. All that broken glass, the clothes, the floormat, the boombox, and all the other debris strewn across the highway. The lady in the back with the baby. That guy in the orange shirt, trying to hear his cell phone over the sound of traffic: he isn't wearing any shoes. That policeman talking on his radio: he's walking on the stripe of paint left by the roof of the Explorer. The rear hatch of the Explorer laying open on the asphalt. That's the only way the passengers could get out; the body was too bent to let any of the doors open. Who knows why the fuel door is open.

Above it all, the buildings rise into the clouds, unknowing, uncaring.
06-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow what a shot scratch paddy. I hope everyone was OK.
When I see overturned vehicles I always wonder what kind of driving motion it takes to make them end up like that.
12-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #116
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The corner of Pacific and Burrard Streets.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Hey, this is a cool idea for a thread. I think it's worth bringing it up again.
<snip>
I've spent a long time just looking at this picture; it fascinates me. All that broken glass, the clothes, the floormat, the boombox, and all the other debris strewn across the highway. The lady in the back with the baby. That guy in the orange shirt, trying to hear his cell phone over the sound of traffic: he isn't wearing any shoes. That policeman talking on his radio: he's walking on the stripe of paint left by the roof of the Explorer. The rear hatch of the Explorer laying open on the asphalt. That's the only way the passengers could get out; the body was too bent to let any of the doors open. Who knows why the fuel door is open.

Above it all, the buildings rise into the clouds, unknowing, uncaring.
Yeah. I really like this one. I know I'm late to comment, but I haven't seen it before. It's got so many things going on.

Richard.

---------- Post added 28-02-14 at 19:25 ----------

I planned to do some red light shooting today, but the traffic gods were against me and I didn't get many red lights. In desperation, I have to show a shot. Nothing going on. But you can see the red light It's an LED traffic light and it flares a bit in the image. It clips on the RH side of the histogram and it looks blown out in the original image. A tiny adjustment to highlights gets rid of the histogram clipping and makes the steel rails of the tram tracks visible, but the light still looks blown out. Maybe it's a property of LEDs.

My condolences to Cissy. Looks like she's gone broke.

Richard.

Last edited by RichardS; 02-28-2014 at 01:28 AM.