Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
For those who are on Flickr and want to join the Single Challenges group:

Flickr: Single Challenges (Pentax only)

03-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #242
Pentaxian

Does this mean that whom aren't yet it's a bout time to go flickr and make account?
03-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Only if you want to, repaap.
03-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #244
Pentaxian

I want to be in at next month too

03-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #245
Veteran Member

Original Poster
6 Days to go.
And a lot easier than the Single In November for me, taking pictures, not commenting on the others who are joining.
Like I thought when I started this one I like the Tamron 28-75 mm a lot, but I found out I use it 9 out of 10 times on the 28 or 75 mm and the last couple of days I prefer 75 mm. Must have got something to do with the fact that Spring has begun and I have sneaked my Tamron 90 mm in for a couple of flower shots.

How are you all doing? Was it harder or easier than previous challenges? If you did any others of course.
03-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, it hasn't been easy working only with a lensbaby...but, I'll make it now. I'm kind of in a rhythm. I can't say that I've produced the greatest images this month but once in awhile I've gotten it all together.
03-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #247
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It was a lot easier at the start, the different lens was a challenge, and I really felt energised, then after 2 weeks, I was in a slump.

Now the weather has turned, it's been raining solid for the last 4 days, and it's even more of a struggle.

But hey, "nothing is really difficult".

03-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #248
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

hardest for me has been trying to get on the home computer in the last week my wife has been monopolizing it for work i'm dumping images on the drive but thats it. I'm trying to get them up tonight
i've had a mixed month for images, I'm enjoying the 50 for people though have a couple of shots i'm quite happy with. As a video tool it's too tight though
next month i'm not sure what to use it is a way from true spring yet so maybe back to wider
03-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #249
Veteran Member

I would love some of your rain, Jack. It keeps missing us, for weeks and
weeks.

Karen : Are we nominating lens for April??
I am a bit unclear how this works for April. So we load our shots into the group in Flickr.
What then?
Will there be a group running as, as usual for SIA?
Pardon my ignorance.

I have enjoyed SiM very much, and other than one or two days, have found it rather smooth sailing this time!

Congrats to all on a very good SiM.
03-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #250
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

ok started catching up after commandeering the computer for a while. put the 19-23rd in my thread (and a tone of extras in my flickr. 24-today still in the camera will get to them later tonight or sunday tomorrow looks hectic

I'm a tad confused as well bruce, but i think the general idea is 1 thread per day here we all post to the one thread for the day from wherever we store our photos. If you are on Flickr then we have the group we can add to as well.
while catching up for this month I have reverted to just flickr; though i will dump them in my album as well but Flickr is faster when using lightroom
03-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #251
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote

Karen : Are we nominating lens for April??
I am a bit unclear how this works for April. So we load our shots into the group in Flickr.
What then?
Will there be a group running as, as usual for SIA?
Pardon my ignorance.
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I'm a tad confused as well bruce, but i think the general idea is 1 thread per day here we all post to the one thread for the day from wherever we store our photos. If you are on Flickr then we have the group we can add to as well.
while catching up for this month I have reverted to just flickr; though i will dump them in my album as well but Flickr is faster when using lightroom
No problem, Bruce and Eddie.
I think nobody knows exactly how it's going to be done.
For me (that is, if I join of course) the concept of 1 t thread per day in the Game section would be the easiest and the less nerve wrecking solution. I don't want to do both group/album here anymore, it really drove me nuts and I have commented not enough on everybody's shots.
Than there's the Flickr group, you can put your shots there too if you've got a Flickr account, maybe some people who are on Flickr, but not on PF will find their way thru that group when they discover it, don't know.

Now.... who's going to make a new thread about Single in April?
03-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #252
Veteran Member

So,Karen, your suggestion is open a thread for each date of April, so that each day will be seperate?
Or one thread "Single in April" and all dates go into one thread? (Which sounds best IMHO).

I think I will be leaning to the idea of using the Flickr proposal more myself.
03-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #253
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the idea of a single thread per day myself Bruce, it would make it easier to look back over individual days. If I though I would be posting each day as it comes one thread would be good, but from experience finding time for post means i frequently post several days at once.
With one single thread i think a lot of good shots may end up missed by people as it could easily generate 10-12 pages a day

Edit: I can post the rules for April if no one else is. I just want to be sure on the one thread per day thing. I'll also put in a link to the Flickr Group who knows the Flickr group may generate some new members for the forum
03-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #254
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Eddie, I agree with you on the one per day thread thing.
And would you post the rules for April? Lets make that the discussion thread for everything we have to say about April, like how difficult it is, what a stupid lens, how our computers broke down, life got in the way and so on and one thread per day for the pictures and the comments on that. If anyone else doesn't agree, he must speak now of hold his silence forever . A link to the Flickr group would be fine too for me.
03-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #255
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok I'll post by the end of the day today, giving everyone some time for last minute input. I'll also pop into the monthly challenges and start a thread for April 1st. I can post a thread for every day in the month as a placeholder if everyone agrees then we just need to post our pics to it as the days roll around (i would start with a few days so as not to make it unmanageable to find the day to post to but so it's available to the people who pass the date before me