Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
i'm guessing we will see a lot of flowers in the next month with spring bursting forth in this hemisphere
Oh, yeah! April is wild flower month here.

03-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Sadly its closer to may here
April is mud month lol
03-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #273
Veteran Member

the new challenge is posted, to keep the thread for the first close to the top i will post it thursday morning

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/13842...ml#post1444654

Last edited by eddie1960; 03-28-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: add link
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Anyone feel march is worthy of a book (personally i like my january shots better but i would rather have feedback on what goes in from others anyway)

03-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #275
Veteran Member

I think March (so far) has been rather kind to me. Quality of my shots is surprisingly constant (which I think is good). Not sure if I'd want a book, but I'll gladly participate in a larger effort. I'm planning to do a book when the year is over.
03-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #276
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
I think March (so far) has been rather kind to me. Quality of my shots is surprisingly constant (which I think is good). Not sure if I'd want a book, but I'll gladly participate in a larger effort. I'm planning to do a book when the year is over.
I am certainly doing a book at year end for myself, i know there was a november one where people who wanted contributed that is why i raise the issue. your shots would be a must Voytech
03-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #277
Veteran Member

I am certainly doing a book at year end for myself, i know there was a november one where people who wanted contributed that is why i raise the issue. your shots would be a must Voytech
The September book was fun. I've still got the pics from the November books (including WWIFA's rather good ones) sitting on the shared drive for those efforts.

It is a lot of work and pretty painstaking, especially getting people to provide their text. Having done it though, I imagine that the second time would be less work. Blurb's latest version of the software now allows for two-page images, and also for resizing of the book, so I could post another 10x8" template and others could resize to their heart's content.

This reminds me that I'm supposed to be pitching Blurb on a tie-in with PentaxForums. Better get on top of that!!

03-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #278
Inactive Account

Gudday all!

I've tried to keep track of this thread as much as I can this month, but don't always keep up to speed day by day!

So it seems the thread might be the next single PF challenge way to go for the group, well and good, I'll still do the album thing and post from there..no drama!

As for a book, yeah go for it...but we do need a co-ordinator, some silly bugger willing to sacrifice a lot of time and effort to do the job! I've assisted in the past, (coz we don't have very good computer access facilities here where we live, using a slower than most download time etc etc been through this before I think!) and will help again whoever wants to take the mantle on! But it IS A BIG JOB!

As a helper only in the past, it seems the biggest problem has been all about people meeting the designated deadlines, so that the co-ordinator has the time and chance to collate in time for publishing. So, let's do it if we're in, but everyone, be on your toes, and get your stuff in on time, we're all friends now!

Here's to us an' more like us!

Cheers Paddy
03-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #279
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Approaching the end of March.. but I'm getting busier & busier every day.. have been posting safeties for the last 3 pictures.

I'll promise to take a picture tomorrow for the last entry..

Also, hoping to start commenting on other pictures after everything's done.
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hagiri_11 Quote
Approaching the end of March.. but I'm getting busier & busier every day.. have been posting safeties for the last 3 pictures.

I'll promise to take a picture tomorrow for the last entry..

Also, hoping to start commenting on other pictures after everything's done.
Great set, regardless. I guess there must still be some participants whose work I haven't seen....
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Great set, regardless. I guess there must still be some participants whose work I haven't seen....
there were a lot of us this month, i've been trying to follow everyone but i'm sure i've missed some. what I have seen is some great work though
03-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #282
Veteran Member

what I have seen is some great work though
Agreed! Is there a search I can do in the albums area to dig up the participants' albums?
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #283
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Do you mean something like this, Michael?

I said it before, I'll say it again, I didn't comment enough on the other albums imo. That wasn't because there were a lot of us joining, but because of the 2 methods of posting (but we've been thru that already, shut up Karen )

One more day, have to think if I will do something special, or just a boring dog picture. Or maybe the 2 of them, don't know, we'll see.
It was fun anyway, I had a small dip, but most of the days it hasn't been any problem.
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #284
Veteran Member

:single in" would bring up all the single in albums from the newest post to the oldest

Member Photo Albums - PentaxForums.com
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #285
Veteran Member

Ahhhh, yes. I guess the six months since SIS have been hard ones for my brain... (e_e)