Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Themes or no themes - no difference to me.

Glad to see you joining again Torben!

02-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

i like the night theme idea, it certainly has been some of my best stuff in january and february
if i'm in i need to give myself some more focus, otherwise i end up with snapshots
02-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #48
Veteran Member

My overall "theme" will be macro shots since that's the kind of a lens I'll be using, but I'll try to surprise with a few non-macro uses as well. I'm really digging 90mm on APS-C. Now I see why so many 135's were made.
02-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #49
Inactive Account

How is that 1:1 working out for you? That's one piece I never managed to find when I had the 90 f2.5.

02-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck with March everyone. I will have to watch from the sidelines again due to extreme pressures at home and work but I hope to emerge in April with a new lens or two and some idea how to actually use my external flash (I'm taking a crash course next weekend). And if we're lucky, the -30C days should be behind us by then!

-Joe
02-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Karen, I'm sorry to say that I'm in!

This time I'm revisiting 28mm focal length with a Pentax FA 28mm F2.8 AL lens.

Cheers from Jack.
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #52
Inactive Account

Gudday all...

Bincheckinoudanther little used thread for this challenge, wundrin why no codgerzthere, but thanks to Jack, foundorlmeeoldmatesagayn! I'm in again with the 50mm F1.4 prime jobbie which, since I bought it (before Stills stopped me buying lenses way back in September), I still haven't used!

Just read thru the thread and like Bruce woffledonabout...hear here....Pentax stuff! Sorry, just 2 bob's worth a bit late!

Cheers all, Paddy

02-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
So for SiM, are we marching along as before. No themes or other photo ideas.
I am cool with that.
We'll have the T&C on Flickr, so there's a theme you can hold on to if you want. I know I will.

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Themes or no themes - no difference to me.
See my answer to Jools.

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
i like the night theme idea, it certainly has been some of my best stuff in january and february
if i'm in i need to give myself some more focus, otherwise i end up with snapshots
Eddie, you can always join the T&C group for ideas. Or just use the ideas without joining us (but it's so much fun there)

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Karen, I'm sorry to say that I'm in!

This time I'm revisiting 28mm focal length with a Pentax FA 28mm F2.8 AL lens.

Cheers from Jack.
Hooray Jack, I'm happy you are joining too.

I missed you guys!
02-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As an alternative to using an album to host the files I would like to suggest that we can also do a "<enter USERNAME> single in March" thread in the group forum.

Why? Because I am having a super hard time keeping track of comments with the albums. Not so much my own album but where ever I leave a comment I have to remember it and go back to check it manually. Also I am running out of space fast and I do not like the idea of deleting stuff. Last but not least, I host all my stuff on flickr, so just adding a link would be easier than uploading stuff and descriptions again here.

How do you guys feel about that? I am not saying it is mandatory but I would like to do it if there are no major objections.
02-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
As an alternative to using an album to host the files I would like to suggest that we can also do a "<enter USERNAME> single in March" thread in the group forum.

Why? Because I am having a super hard time keeping track of comments with the albums. Not so much my own album but where ever I leave a comment I have to remember it and go back to check it manually. Also I am running out of space fast and I do not like the idea of deleting stuff. Last but not least, I host all my stuff on flickr, so just adding a link would be easier than uploading stuff and descriptions again here.

How do you guys feel about that? I am not saying it is mandatory but I would like to do it if there are no major objections.
I've been thinking the same thing, Torben.
Great idea for both reasons.
I'm in with you, so you're not alone in this
02-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Jeff, so far it's been quite alright. I did a major cleaning to both the lens and the tc but it seems like my sensor is a total mess! I'm afraid wet cleaning is the only way at this point. Lots of time wasted in PP cloning out spots. I'll post someone examples tonight.
02-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Hope to see many old faces as well as new!
Well you'll see mine, which is old in the sense of being a SIS member and I suppose older in the sense that I'll turn 40 during SIM.... ;^)

As I said in the other thread, it's time to dust off the 21mm Ltd.

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
before Stills stopped me buying lenses way back in September
Yes, he single-handedly ended that disease. And no Nobel to show for it?

Why? Because I am having a super hard time keeping track of comments with the albums.
Agreed! So in this case we each have a SIM thread in the group forum? It works for me.

P.S. KarenH, great write-up at the beginning of the thread! I'll happily have a hand in the book again (was there one after SIN, btw?). I'm trying to get Blurb and PF into a cross-promotion thing. Adam's had some good ideas and I've kicked off a discussion with Blurb by email this week. Maybe we'll get discounts again if we step the whole thing up a bit this time 'round wrt promotion.
02-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #58
Veteran Member

I'm all in for a book. I doubt there will be any interest for a SiF book since there's only a handful of us (and my pictures suck too much lol). Let us know what (if anything) comes out of your negotiations with Blurb. I really like them. The price/quality of their print is superb.
02-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #59
Veteran Member

I have created a FAQ thread on the group forum with the January write-up. I will gladly maintain it, but feel free to ask questions about the challenge and answer them too. This way we can just link it whenever anyone create a new challenge thread.
02-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Well you'll see mine, which is old in the sense of being a SIS member and I suppose older in the sense that I'll turn 40 during SIM.... ;^)

As I said in the other thread, it's time to dust off the 21mm Ltd.
Good to see you again! Seems like a lot of the old gang is going all out for March :-)

I do believe that I speak for everyone when I say that I expect to see some sort of birthday shot from you in March :-)

21 ... the month of 21's :-D