Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #91
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll do both the group and album. I see however that there are nearly 3 pages of SiM albums up already. Looks like people are renewed after the SiF break....

03-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #92
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I did both too. Mostly so I could upload the photo to the group thread. This way they aren't attachments and upload easier and bigger.
03-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #93
Veteran Member

I wanted to participate in the first Single-in challenge, but never got around to it because it was the start of the school year. Time for me to make up for it! My lens for this month is going to be the Super-Tak 50/1.4. Taking some time to get to know this old legend ;D

Just posted my day 1 pic in the group and my own album.
03-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
Am I the only one thinking this way?
I just joined in... and promptly confused myself trying to decide where to leave comments. Maybe a couple days will make it easier or some sleep
I don't wish to overlook anyone's album either. I searched Single in March under photo albums and bookmarked it.
Bruce

03-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Frankly Ihave same problem with commenting and stuff, but maybe it'll be clear in few days
03-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
The easy way to do this, as done starting in September, is have everyone do an album titled "Single In March." Then go to the photos tab, search "Single In March" and then bookmark the resulting page. Everyone who's got that album will show up.
Haha, I know how it works, it only gets a bit on my nerves to look in both sections. Still haven't figured out what I like best. Every section has it's advantage, in the albums you can see the EXIF right away and I like that too. You can also see a whole album at once, there aren't very much pictures yet, but half way you get a nice overview. In the group you can see all topics at once. Again, I don't know what I like best.
03-02-2011, 05:48 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's only day 2 of the challenge, and I'm already impressed by each and everyone's photos.

And the camaraderie is inspirational. It's great to see old faces back, and new faces as well.

It's going to be a sensational ride again.

03-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have decided to build an album and link those images to my thread. In this type of challenge I do not always want to post all my shots to flickr (especially on those safety shot days!). Linking photos from an album is easy but I have seen a few having trouble and I have had to go into the user's profile to link to their album to see their image which is a hassle due to the limited user info on the group thread.

My two cents for day 2.

-Joe
03-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #99
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I built the album for basically the same reason. My flickr account is the basic free one and images loaded there have filled that account. Having the album on here is faster and easier to upload to my thread. I have found that unless you make an album public, the images will not show in separate threads. Learned the hard way on that.
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After the walk home yesterday with a multitude of cameras and lenses i've settled on participating after all, but not with the Lentar as i had thought. i need a break from slower lenses after january and february, and something a little longer. So I'm shooting the m 50 f 1.7

have a whack of various shots to sort out first i'll post an album and then put it in the thread (this is more confusing) and it'll be on my Flickr as well (automated through lightroom so that's the easy part)

some pretty stellar stuff so far from what i've seen. It's going to be tough keeping up with everyone's work
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Well, seems like everyone (in the northern hemisphere) is hoping for spring to come soon! I know I am. Is this the reason for so many participants? Perhaps!

Yes, definitely hard to keep up with everyone's photos this time around. Wouldn't be so hard if we had a notification system in the Albums. Alas, I asked Adam about adding such feature back in November and he said it's not possible/feasible at this time.
03-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #102
Inactive Account

Yeah...you blokes are spot on ! Last night was nearly 2 hours goin' through the albums and thread...can't do this all the time but will try! Don't feel put out (upset) if I don't get around every day to everyone...(see I'm wasting time here already!!!! ... and I haven't taken today's shot yet!).

Good effort all so far...should be another bottler month!

Cheers Paddy
03-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #103
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
After 3 days of March, seems like I'll be able to participate this time. Work assignments have slowed down a little bit..

I'll be shooting using the DAL 55-300, which will be a challenge.
03-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #104
Veteran Member

Welcome, nice to see you continue from February.
03-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice to see there are a few of us on month 3 this year. Wonder how many of us will manage the full 365?

Holy Smoke there are a lot of albums to review this month

I'll get to you with comments but maybe not right away. After day 2 (and 3 for a couple of you) I'm really impressed with the work. I can't believe Blackcloudbrew is going lensbaby all month. 2 months in a row with a challenging setup. Big Respect for you Sir