Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where are we posting excess photos?

03-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Where are we posting excess photos?
I started a thread for mine in the monthly extras group, but no one else seems to have done that

Monthly Photo Challenges - Extras - PentaxForums.com
03-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I'm struggling already. I didn't get a shot at all yesterday. Things are crazy. I'm re-financing the house and the appraiser is coming this morning. My wife had a fit but with a warm up and rain coming, I'm afraid a cellar full of water wouldn't give a good impression. The snow is 6 ft deep along 3 sides of the house. So my excuse for not shooting is getting everything cleaned and in somewhat order so the bank doesn't think we are relatives of Ma and Pa Kettle.
Best of luck! I imagine you'll start getting all of that snow away from the building?
03-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes best of luck indeed.

03-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Best of luck! I imagine you'll start getting all of that snow away from the building?
Well, there's really no place to put it. It slid down from the roof. It's hard packed and more like ice this late in the year. The inspection is over and all seemed to go well. He found no real issues with the house. It was -5F this morning. All is still frozen and the cellar is dry. It's supposed to warm up as the weekend goes on with heavy rain for Sunday. My sump pump is ready. Spring doesn't come until May. We go from winter to mud season.
03-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #126
Veteran Member

Spring doesn't come until May.
Same on this side of the lake, of course.

The inspection is over and all seemed to go well. He found no real issues with the house.
That's the first hurdle! Makes the weekend a bit easier, I'd hope.
03-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm struggling already. I didn't get a shot at all yesterday. Things are crazy. I'm re-financing the house and the appraiser is coming this morning. My wife had a fit but with a warm up and rain coming, I'm afraid a cellar full of water wouldn't give a good impression. The snow is 6 ft deep along 3 sides of the house. So my excuse for not shooting is getting everything cleaned and in somewhat order so the bank doesn't think we are relatives of Ma and Pa Kettle.
Sometimes life happens, I say tend to the matters at hand and we'll look forward to you joining back in when time allows. I really enjoy seeing your part of the world but not at the risk of it flooding your basement!

-Joe

03-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #128
Pentaxian

I'll be shooting today. I got all my stuff done. I'm still busy and knew that going in but I needed to get my creative juices flowing a little because late winter can be a depressing time and I would much rather be busy than sitting around. My overall attitude is much better when I am out shooting. The idea I have for the month is to shoot many of the same places I did in September showing the extreme contrast of the seasons. The early fall is the most beautiful time of year while late winter/early spring is often ugly.
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #129
Veteran Member

The early fall is the most beautiful time of year while late winter/early spring is often ugly.
Very true. I made a ~1m diameter snowball last weekend. It's been raining and freezing repeatedly since, and that park is now flooded with meltwater that's ringed with re-surfaced dead leaves and matted grass. All up our street are the remnants of piles of snow, each caked with a layer of gravel and mud. Yeach.
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Very true. I made a ~1m diameter snowball last weekend. It's been raining and freezing repeatedly since, and that park is now flooded with meltwater that's ringed with re-surfaced dead leaves and matted grass. All up our street are the remnants of piles of snow, each caked with a layer of gravel and mud. Yeach.
Which all makes it very difficult to get in the mood to get out and shoot.
03-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #131
Veteran Member

Which all makes it very difficult to get in the mood to get out and shoot.
For sure. And then today we've got 2cm of crisp white snow blanketing everything again. Looks nice, but delays the healing... 8^D
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #132
Veteran Member

Just a quick note to all.

Sorry for being so blunt with my comments. As you surely know, there's just so many photos to keep up with!
03-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All comments are welcome as far as I'm concerned.
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I finished up my three doubles and got talked into working a little today too. My eyes are feeling gritty and starting to cross. But I took a quick look through and I can't wait to take a good look through and post some pics tomorrow. They're saying 4-7in. tomorrow but it's already coming down. A good day to stay in and relax.
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Well, hunker down my friend. Under the warmth all is good.
Old man winter ain't wanting to leave, just yet.
We got a mix of snow and ice for Monday through Tuesday.
Geez. Slippety slide all over the place.