Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #226
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, after a month of using a Lensbaby, having to get things sharp is hard now!

04-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #227
Veteran Member

Got a question to the rest of the group?
What if someone wants to join now, or in five days or on the 21st of the month.
I realized that someone posted an image today, and apparently willing to participate but it seems to me that this breaks the spirit of the Single in... process.

I hate to curb creativity but...
Am I being a hardass or just turning down folks who didn't make the deadline?
04-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #228
Pentaxian

It is kind a idea behind this, that it is Single in - month- . Whole month.
04-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #229
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Got a question to the rest of the group?
What if someone wants to join now, or in five days or on the 21st of the month.
I realized that someone posted an image today, and apparently willing to participate but it seems to me that this breaks the spirit of the Single in... process.

I hate to curb creativity but...
Am I being a hardass or just turning down folks who didn't make the deadline?
Picked up on that already, and while I believe come one come all, we are a family group, and it's not "we don't like like outsiders", but we all put in within the spirit of the challenge.

I've already posted a PM with a link to the thread for April, and asked if there are daily photos with one and the same lens 'only' that can be backposted. If so, then I've no objections. If not, still no real objections, a new member has stumbled on our somewhat unusual and interesting fraternity and would like to join in!

The original SiS challenge was discovered by me as a bulletin on the PF site, I don't think I've spotted any subsequent "advertising".

Must have been keen enough to find us! Half a month..private stripes?

My humble thoughts fellas.

Cheers Paddy

04-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #230
Veteran Member

Yeah, I have enough on my plate to bother about this but I was just wondering...
I like your vibe paddy.
Whatever happens, the more the merrier. We can all learn.
As long as the Single in... spirit lives.

And at repaap, you are right, it is a monthly thing... maybe await until Single in May?

I do not know.

I am not the Single in... Police. Just another cautionary observer
04-09-2011, 03:29 AM   #231
Veteran Member

Is there anyone the Single in ... Police? I guess the one who invented this challenge.
Wasn't that Michael (Uccemebug)?
Personally I think you should join from the 1st of the month and not half way, but I'm only the Fun Police not the Single Police ))) If everyone seems to be fine by some people joining now, than that's fine by me, me myself wouldn't want to do that, but that's personal.
04-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #232
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
Is there anyone the Single in ... Police? I guess the one who invented this challenge.
Wasn't that Michael (Uccemebug)?
Personally I think you should join from the 1st of the month and not half way, but I'm only the Fun Police not the Single Police ))) If everyone seems to be fine by some people joining now, than that's fine by me, me myself wouldn't want to do that, but that's personal.
The original instigator, and he who shall remain nameless..was...Stillshunter..but that's by the by!

It is a whole month thing, and if not, you're not in! Come along for the ride though! I guess I'm saying, if you can fit the bill for the whole month, then wellcome...if not, join in, you'll be one of us next month, or another!

Cheers again Paddy

04-09-2011, 04:05 AM   #233
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Im with paddy on this about 25% of the month has passed
If you have pic for the first week post em join up and welcome ( lord knows ive been late posting)
If not follow along and start with next month as the whole challenge is a month withe the lens a shot every day
04-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #234
Veteran Member

Then we are set like any competition or challenge. Come from the beginning or wait for the next one. No tweakers.
Sounds good to me.
This is after all a month-long deal. You start from the get go and follow through.

Yet I think we should welcome observers for the next month because this Single in...thing, has grown and it is now known across the continents.
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
I've already posted a PM with a link to the thread for April, and asked if there are daily photos with one and the same lens 'only' that can be backposted. If so, then I've no objections. If not, still no real objections, a new member has stumbled on our somewhat unusual and interesting fraternity and would like to join in!

Cheers Paddy
The title of the social group "Monthly Photo Challenges" is not clear to a newcomer to the forum as being dedicated to a "Single lens per day" type event so I can imagine a newcomer to the forum stumbling across it. Even after a year on the forum I stick to the same well trod paths and rarely look beyond the threads I follow and even then I have a heck of a time keeping up.

-Joe
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #236
Inactive Account

I think I'm the one that somehow invited him to join without fully explaining it..

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography/139750-deliberate-pra...periments.html

I guess I should have linked This thread as well as the challenge group. I would hate to just boot him but, as usual in the case of these challenges, I'll fly the way the group says to fly. Perhaps if he can come up with some 'fillers'?

04-09-2011, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #237
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am I missing something? Is this an elite group? I could see if it was the 25th or something saying to wait until the next month, but really "don't join us late"???? Yes, the idea is to use the same lens for the whole month, but if you didn't know about it til today you're out of luck? When someone has had to drop out in the past due to changes in circumstances, everyone is very understanding... No one says, "well why did you even bother joining if you couldn't see it through?"

That said, someone wants to get in on it a couple days late, wants to see it through to the end at this point, and you want to say no? Is anyone at stake to lose anything if someone else joins? I guess I never did get the idea of cliques in high school, I hope this group of "Singlers" isn't becoming that way.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but I can't believe there's even a discussion about it. I would think the newcomer would just introduce him(her)self in the first post to the thread, and if they have shots with the lens o' choice from earlier to backpost. Nuff said.
04-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
The title of the social group "Monthly Photo Challenges" is not clear to a newcomer to the forum as being dedicated to a "Single lens per day" type event so I can imagine a newcomer to the forum stumbling across it.

-Joe

If it said anywhere, and it might have that I had to capture one per day with no "make-ups", I would not have participated. I work for a living and do not spend my day taking pictures.

To post some silly photo that I grabbed after work to fill my daily quota would be a waste of bandwidth.

I did start this and I will complete it. I will also abide by the rules for the next one or not participate depending on what those rules are. And no hard feelings either way.
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #239
Veteran Member

Man whatever works.
If folks can produce images from the beginning of the month then no problem.
Otherwise it becomes a lens club thread.
I have no problem allowing folks who started late. 5 ,9 21 days into this deal. Or whatever, some folks might be using film but in the end fulfill the spirit, as much as possible, of the challenge.
So bring them on. If a few are missing at the beginning so be it. Just fulfill the spirit of the challange. A lot of folks do it.
But all should be welcome as long as they live up to the challenges original rules.
If not there is alwasys next month.
04-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #240
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Just fulfill the spirit of the challange
That says succinctly what I was trying to say with my rant.