Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #241
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Man whatever works.
If folks can produce images from the beginning of the month then no problem.
Otherwise it becomes a lens club thread.
I have no problem allowing folks who started late. 5 ,9 21 days into this deal. Or whatever, some folks might be using film but in the end fulfill the spirit, as much as possible, of the challenge.
So bring them on. If a few are missing at the beginning so be it. Just fulfill the spirit of the challange. A lot of folks do it.
But all should be welcome as long as they live up to the challenges original rules.
If not there is alwasys next month.

Very valid points. I did go back to the first post and it does say,

QuoteQuote:
-Choose one lens
-Take pictures with the lens each day and upload one of them to the Daily Single in April thread under the monthly challenges group for the appropriate day
- Do this every day for the whole month
So I have to conclude that this is not something I can do according to the rules.

Best wishes to those who have the time to dedicate to this.

04-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #242
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We would be happy to have you in may
Its a challenge some days but uou develop a lot
04-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #243
Veteran Member

No hard feelings for the one who wanted to join mid-way. I've pondered that myself when SiS was in action. If anything, you can try and get in the habit of taking a shot a day while you get ready for May. It is quite a commitment.

We're 1/3 of the way there and you know what? Unless some miracle happens, I HATE this damn kit lens. It's dull, flat, and so damn soft! So spoiled by the 90mm macro... Oh well. I just picked up a P30T with the SMC-A 50/2 on it for 20 bucks. I have a strange feeling that's going to be my choice in may. Either that or the M50/1.7.

Also, few of you asked about the DIY beauty dish. Here are the instructions on how to make one: The Best DIY Beauty Dish | ishootshows.com

Mine is slightly smaller (and not finished yet - still have to paint the back side), and I've made the bracket myself. It looks like this:
This is with the diffuser on.

And this is how it looks inside (still have to cut the screws).
04-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #244
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
No hard feelings for the one who wanted to join mid-way. I've pondered that myself when SiS was in action. If anything, you can try and get in the habit of taking a shot a day while you get ready for May. It is quite a commitment.

We're 1/3 of the way there and you know what? Unless some miracle happens, I HATE this damn kit lens. It's dull, flat, and so damn soft! So spoiled by the 90mm macro... Oh well. I just picked up a P30T with the SMC-A 50/2 on it for 20 bucks. I have a strange feeling that's going to be my choice in may. Either that or the M50/1.7.

Well that settles it for me mate, no kit lenses next month!

My K-x came with 2, the 18-55mm and a 50-200mm, both plastic and made in Vietnam?

I have to confess I've never actually used them. I was just so happy with the retro fit ability of Pentax that I've always used my older (and acquired since the K-x) lenses! Pick up a kit lens, pick up an older Pentax,...you can feel the difference! Stick with it mate...actually despite your misgivings, you're stuff's pretty hot!

And thanks for the DIY thing!

Cheers Paddy

Crickey...did I say next month???

04-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #245
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing your DIY Beauty dish, Voytech.

The kitlens is a nice lens, vey underrated, but I think you need the right light and circumstances to show what it's capable of. I thought about using it, but I once did for the T&C challenge for a week and that was enough. I like the focal length and the slightly wide angle feel you can get, but the con side of those short range mm is the lack of nice bokeh. And I'm a bokeh freak, especially during Spring.
04-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #246
Veteran Member

I don't mind the 18-55. I'm talking about the 50-200. That's the lens I'm using this month. From the reviews I've read this is the weakest of the three kit lenses (18-55, 50-200, 55-300).
04-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I have to quit this challenge.....

Had a whole lot of photos for the last three days, among which several very dear ones, but I made a mistake and formatted the card in the camera....photos lost, memories lost, and a hole in the SiA challenge...

So, have fun for the rest of the month, and probably I'll see you in one of the next months....

04-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #248
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ouch! Say it aint so Rense!
04-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #249
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Ouch! Say it aint so Rense!
Yeah, it is.....Stupid eh?
04-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #250
Veteran Member

Oh no, Rense, that's too bad.
Too bad about the challenge, but the most important thing about, like you already said, the lost memories. Is there no way you can recover them? Or have you already taken new pictures?
04-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
Oh no, Rense, that's too bad.
Too bad about the challenge, but the most important thing about, like you already said, the lost memories. Is there no way you can recover them? Or have you already taken new pictures?
Taken some new pictures.... I thought after formatting nothing was to be recovered, but.... Patrick sent me an email with some wonderful program.... I am trying to recover now....

Photos from Roma....
04-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #252
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Taken some new pictures.... I thought after formatting nothing was to be recovered, but.... Patrick sent me an email with some wonderful program.... I am trying to recover now....

Photos from Roma....
I already thought you meant pictures from Rome.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to get them back.
Good luck!
04-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
I already thought you meant pictures from Rome.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to get them back.
Good luck!
Well... it doesn't seem to work.....
04-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #254
Veteran Member

That sucks, Rense, and it's too bad.
04-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems in the end at least some - don't know how much yet, the magic is going on right now - can be saved.....