Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in too (smacks the forehead and wondering if she's sane?)
Not sure what I will be using, my Helios 44-2 or my Tamron 90 mm. I've missed both and have been using them a bit the last couple of days. And with spring around the corner, they both are so good at what I want them to do.

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Against my better judgement I am going to sign up for another round, using another lens I have recently acquired, the FA 50/1.4. I will be curious to see how flickr works for folks but I think I will build an album again (I still have few months worth of space left).

-Joe
I've got that lens too and have been a little disappointed about it, shooting wide open. Now and then I've got my lucky shot, but especially with dogs, it's a difficult lens.

I'm joining the Flickr group, oh wait, I'm running the Flickr group together with Eddie and Michael and since we just started it, it would be a little bit strange if I didn't join April, wouldn't it?

Thanks for starting this thread, Eddie.

03-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
I'm in too (smacks the forehead and wondering if she's sane?)

I've got that lens too and have been a little disappointed about it, shooting wide open. Now and then I've got my lucky shot, but especially with dogs, it's a difficult lens.
I know that this lens has its limitations but with the few times I have used it I have been pleasantly surprised. The only other two lenses I own (that I haven't "singled' yet) I know I love and use often. So I find these monthly exercises a good way to test a lens out for better or worse!

-Joe
03-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I can't believe I'm typing this...I'm in...50mm again...this time a 1.7 prime!

Hit me somebody!

Cheers me!!! Sigh!
03-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm in, it will be my 4th straight, and if I include last September, and November, it will be my 6th total.

I think I need to get a life?

Please help me select a lens?
I have:

Tokina 17mm F3.5 <--- Hint hint
Tokina 24mm F2.8 <--- Hint hint
Pentax K35/3.5
Helios 44-2 (58mm F2.0 if it arrives in time)

- all manual prime lenses.

Help me please.
Jack

03-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
My vote is for the 17 jack
03-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #21
Inactive Account

If I were you Jack I would opt for the 135mm...oh..not and option...bugger! You're too good with the wider stuff! Sigh! Out classed again! Good luck mate!

That's sort of Ozzie for ..."I hate your guts, but we're good mates!".

If that makes sense to the rest of the world.

Cheers and good luck all, Paddy
03-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I'm in too, for April it'll be A24/2.8. I haven't really get known to this lens yet.

03-29-2011, 05:24 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Makes perfect sense Paddy

Looking forward to seeing the results Repaap, I have yet to pick up a 24, and the FL appeals to me more for 35mm than digital (i was never a big fan of 35 on digital either preferring a wider wide angle)
If i change up from the DA14 before Friday it will be for my Lentar 21, but I'm kind of craving the truly wide angle experience.
03-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #24

Photos: Albums
Count me in! Although I've only got my 18-55 but I hope this doesn't matter To the Pictures!
03-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by annemari Quote
Count me in! Although I've only got my 18-55 but I hope this doesn't matter To the Pictures!
I used the 18-55 WR in February, They are good lenses for their price. you need to work sometimes to get the result but they are very capable. looking forward to the shots (hang around here long enough and you will have a serious case of LBA)
03-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I used the 18-55 WR in February, They are good lenses for their price. you need to work sometimes to get the result but they are very capable. looking forward to the shots (hang around here long enough and you will have a serious case of LBA)

So I got my LBA from this thread!.. I guess it have been there for long before this.
03-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #27

Photos: Albums
Well, I already got LBA but right now it's just not good timing for LBA Because I just got my new camera and yeah... We don't get paid in photography section very well..
03-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I'm in, it will be my 4th straight, and if I include last September, and November, it will be my 6th total.

I think I need to get a life?

Please help me select a lens?
I have:

Tokina 17mm F3.5 <--- Hint hint
Tokina 24mm F2.8 <--- Hint hint
Pentax K35/3.5
Helios 44-2 (58mm F2.0 if it arrives in time)

- all manual prime lenses.

Help me please.
Jack

The Helios, Jack, the Helios.
It took me some time to get used to it, but I think this is the way to do it.
I LOVE that lens, for such a cheapie it is so good, even wide open. I've got some macro tubes for it, which makes it even more fun (but harder too, because the DoF is very shallow and you have to close the aperture then).

Here's a shot I took yesterday, I had to use the lens, it was calling me from the closet where it had been resting for a while.

03-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I forgot to tell you all. Not only will I have a new camera, but now I have a car. My brother's windfall allowed him to buy a brand new Ford SUV Edge, and he gave me his car with 30 MPG. Which also means I can go elsewhere to shoot monthly photos.
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I forgot to tell you all. Not only will I have a new camera, but now I have a car. My brother's windfall allowed him to buy a brand new Ford SUV Edge, and he gave me his car with 30 MPG. Which also means I can go elsewhere to shoot monthly photos.
Wow big changes, looking forward to all you new views with that high iso monster