Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #286
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A couple of quickies:

Adorama have some very cheap Pentax refurbished lenses for sale, but you might need to get in quick. FA* 24mm F2 for USD$349 is damn cheap... but there are others too...

What would people say about Single In May being a quick 50 month? ie everyone uses a 50mm lens (or 58mm or 55mm or thereabouts)? Nearly everyone has a 50mm-ish lens (kit lens at 55 would count)...

04-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I would be in for that jack i have 7 lenses in that category not counting the 2 kits
I'd love to get in on the Adorama deal (fa 24 would be nice) but i have a buying freeze on devoting the spare cash elsewhere for a while. damn you for fueling my LBA
04-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
A couple of quickies:

Adorama have some very cheap Pentax refurbished lenses for sale, but you might need to get in quick. FA* 24mm F2 for USD$349 is damn cheap... but there are others too...

What would people say about Single In May being a quick 50 month? ie everyone uses a 50mm lens (or 58mm or 55mm or thereabouts)? Nearly everyone has a 50mm-ish lens (kit lens at 55 would count)...
No money for new lenses here, or I can't feed the dogs for a while

The 50 mm thing sounds interesting, although I promised myself I wouldn't do a May challenge. Now I'm in doubt.
04-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #289
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of quickies:

I am using my fast 50 this month and although I find the focal length very useful, the lens itself is of very average image quality. I am not sure I would want another month back to back.

04-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #290
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That sounds like an interesting idea. Rather than limit it by lens how about focal length? How about "Manual in May" no AF allowed? I was thinking about that myself. I think I have gotten a bit lazy using modern auto focus lenses.

Patrick
04-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #291
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Manual in will be most months for me Patrick, almost all my lenses are Manual Focus (and i wouldn't ant to use the AF ones manually the ones i have are all poor at MF aside from the DA14 where missing the focus would be tough to do)
04-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #292
Inactive Account

I'm in either way. I've paid a lot of money for this stuff and these games are pushing me to use it.

Re the 24... If anyone needs a push one way or the other,

Single In March - a set on Flickr

That price is about $125 less than I paid for mine.

04-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #293
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I'm in either way. I've paid a lot of money for this stuff and these games are pushing me to use it.

Re the 24... If anyone needs a push one way or the other,

Single In March - a set on Flickr

That price is about $125 less than I paid for mine.

lalalalalalalaalalalalalanot listening don't need another lens.........
04-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #294
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Jeff, I did take notice of your march album, and I just couldn't resist the FA 24 from Adorama. With the good exchange rate from AUD to USD it cost even less too.

I'm definitely in for May and June, but I will probably need to stop when I reach 6 months. I've just archived the shots from September, November, December, Jan Feb and March and they took up 98 gig on my portable hdd. eek!

Last edited by jackassp; 04-12-2011 at 07:12 AM.
04-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #295
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jeff, I did take notice of your march album, and I just couldn't resist the FA 24 from Adorama. With the good exchange rate from AUD to USD it cost even less too.

I'm definitely in for May and June, but I will probably need to stop when I reach 6 months. I've just archived the shots from September, November, December, Jan Feb and March and they took up 98 gig on my portable hdd. eek!
hard drives are cheap now Jack. a 1tb is about $70+ here, 2tb start around $110 3TB around $240+ all external desktop drives (ie need power). YMMV in Australia of course
04-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #296
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
lalalalalalalaalalalalalanot listening don't need another lens.........
Oh, C'mon Eddie... Take a walk on the wild side ..

That current exchange along with the gas prices it has helped to create (I don't buy this mid-east turmoil bullshit they want me to believe) has killed my LBA. Probably for the better. Most of my better lenses were coming from foreign countries.

I've had to empty my pictures folder a couple times to back up drives. 1 Tb USB drives are pretty cheap these days. Then again, I delete Nothing except the worse of the worse.

04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #297
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I spent yesterday and today in bed with this cold I have. So, I have no photos for those days. If this doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I am just going to drop out of April's game. I don't see this cold going away by tomorrow, so just count me out for this month.
04-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #298
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm struggling with a cold too but, I've managed to crawl out and get in a shot or two. Just try to get a safety shot in if you can and keep at it. You can do it!
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #299
Veteran Member

I don't have a cold, but my body is fighting something as of yet unknown.
And it is not SiA. Hope that those under the weather feel better soon.
In addition, I have been busy with work and have not had much energy for photography when I have had a few moments to myself. I can't wait for the weekend to arrive to get some sleep.

Like Karen, I told myself I needed a break and would pass on May... but I could change my mind. We will see. I was hoping to go with a wide angle if spring and all its glory ever arrives.

Anyways, carry on all, hours away from the halfway point!
04-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #300
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've got more than a cold problem. I have COPD and when colds and the flus hit me, I am down for the count for at least a week or more. So, I'm going to sit the rest of April out and hope May brings me better health and I can do that one.