Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear. But health is more important than anything.
Take care and hope you do feel better.

04-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #302
Veteran Member

That's too bad Mar, hope you will be feeling better soon.
I definitely am not doing May, for some reason I always want to use the lens that's not my Single lens and I know I can swap them, after taking THE shot for the day, but I also always have the feeling that THE shot of that day will be taken with the not Single lens.
Yesterday I took the Helios and the FA 50 mm f/1.4 for a spin and it felt good. I love the Tamron 90 mm, but I just want to vary in mm's.
But we still got 15 days to go, it doesn't feel like a burden at all.
04-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #303
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
That's too bad Mar, hope you will be feeling better soon.
I definitely am not doing May, for some reason I always want to use the lens that's not my Single lens and I know I can swap them, after taking THE shot for the day, but I also always have the feeling that THE shot of that day will be taken with the not Single lens.
Yesterday I took the Helios and the FA 50 mm f/1.4 for a spin and it felt good. I love the Tamron 90 mm, but I just want to vary in mm's.
But we still got 15 days to go, it doesn't feel like a burden at all.
That's exactly why I went with a zoom for April.

04-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #304
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
That's exactly why I went with a zoom for April.

That's what I did in March, used Willems Tamron 28-75 mm.
I've got a zoom, the Tamron 28-300 mm, but as much as I loved that lens when I just started taking pictures, the love has been fading away fast after using better lenses.

04-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #305
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm happy with my lens choice this month, it takes nice photos, the FL seems to suit me, but it does need a fair bit of PP to bring out the best. I guess I'm learning PS and LR this month as well.

The last 1/2 of April will be hard for me, my colleague at the surgery will be in Hong Kong for the remainder of the month, leaving me almost no time for photos.
04-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #306
Veteran Member

I think you are doing a great job this month, Jack and I hope you will be able to find some time for photo's for the rest of the month, would be a shame if you couldn't.
04-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #307
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I'm happy with my lens choice this month, it takes nice photos, the FL seems to suit me, but it does need a fair bit of PP to bring out the best. I guess I'm learning PS and LR this month as well.

The last 1/2 of April will be hard for me, my colleague at the surgery will be in Hong Kong for the remainder of the month, leaving me almost no time for photos.
I'd be bloody happy too mate!

You're stuff's been S!@# H>* this month, and if you have been resorting to PP (like me to improve the outcome), then more praise you!

Hang in old china..and if you need a hand, I'm a fair hand at wooly jumbucks an' pluckin' chooks! And the odd bit of radiation monitoring!

If that's no help, then I might come over there an' "rip ya bloody arms orf"!

Cheers from Victoria mate!

04-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #308
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I spent yesterday and today in bed with this cold I have. So, I have no photos for those days. If this doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I am just going to drop out of April's game. I don't see this cold going away by tomorrow, so just count me out for this month.
Well that's a blow! Sorry mate..and please get well soon!

Cheers Paddy
04-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #309
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, this is the month of troubles. I'm on the recovery side of this cold. Fortunately, there are a number of interesting subjects around my house so I haven't had to go far when I've been sick to shoot. Not the most inspired pictures but it's been doable. I hope the others can work through their problems and finish the month. I must say though that I completely understand, this daily shooting is a grind.
04-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #310

Photos: Albums
So needless today I fail again on my attempt to complete/participate in one of these lol Love all the photos so far, though! Someday I'll be in it with y'all
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #311
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope you getting to feeling better, Photolady! I just posted I think 5 photos to catch up and be current. I did miss the 15th; came down with the crud that is going around. I still have to catch up on everyones posts. There are some great quality photos in this challenge so far!
04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #312
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Feeling better chemtech. But I haven't been shooting much except for the last couple of days. And not using the lens I was using for this game, so I can't post them in SiA threads.
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mar, glad to hear you're feeling better! Miss you in SIA, but, happy you are out and about and enjoying your camera.
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #314
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Check out this album of mine and you'll see what I've been shooting.
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some VERY nice images you have in your album, Mar! Notice that the 300mm seems to be doing a very good job. (Sigma 70-300mm I take it)