Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Are there those who have no albums available or is it limited in space for each album? If the latter, make two albums. First half of April and second half April. Or would that not work. I don't like having to post in day threads as I see it is going to cause problems when we all try to keep it straight to whom we are commenting or complimenting on photos.
Exactly.....

04-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I see there are albums too. So, we have albums, a thread, a dedicated group, a thread in the MiniChallenges Forum and a flickr group. Now I know why I am so confused!!!!
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #123
Pentaxian

What I think all of this is(made an album too, I confess) is that it is easier for me to keep on track my photos(not to confuse my self too)with album. Maybe just update to a thread with medium sized picture could be enough. every one could see update, and comment in album..?!
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I must say I am very unhappy how things are going right now. The whole fuzz about where to post photos is annoying, and I don't quite understand - not even after reading large parts of the earlier SI-challenges - why the earlier format of personal albums was renounced. I think it worked quite well, and I fear the overload of threads the way it is organised right now. So I decided to post on flickr, and not here. That's a pitty, because I think this whole Single In....thing belongs to PF.com.

Just a statement...

i was fine with the albums in january and february myself, somehow last month we decided to try threads in the group so we could keep track of comments. but not everyone used the threads so you had to do both. then the flickr group thing came up and some people liked that but not all of us have (or even want) flickr, and it is a PF thing not a flickr thing (though i like the idea of a flickr group as a way of perhaps attracting more members here) There was a large number of participants last month (in the mid twenties)
I think the single thread per day is a good idea because we live in multiple time zones and we don't always manage to get the stuff up same day in any case

I vote we stick to what we started with myself, the main missing thing is multiquote and have threads for each day. then we can achieve all except multiquote for the most part, and a link from the game thread will lead anyone else interested to the group

if it doesn't work we can return to albums like before. I believe the number of albums is not limited just the number of pictures per album (150)

It would be a shame not to see your work here as well rense

and if everyone wants to go to one long thread in the games section i'm ok there as well (i just think it will become a monster to review after a few days)

04-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
or if everyone wants to return to albums i'm fine there(i was trying to avoid a third step by using just my flickr and the thread, but to be honest it's not a giant issue just an extra step as i can't automate here from LR like i do with Flickr
04-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
or if everyone wants to return to albums i'm fine there(i was trying to avoid a third step by using just my flickr and the thread, but to be honest it's not a giant issue just an extra step as i can't automate here from LR like i do with Flickr
Yeah, that's true. I would be very happy with albums! But probably I just hate changes.....
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Is there a way that you could post/make a picture in one thread, so that you could see all pictures on one page for on day. And if you click picture, you could comment. so no comments in between pictures.? might be impossible mission.

04-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Is there a way that you could post/make a picture in one thread, so that you could see all pictures on one page for on day. And if you click picture, you could comment. so no comments in between pictures.? might be impossible mission.
if the pic was posted on flickr a click leads through, but not from the albums i don't think
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
if the pic was posted on flickr a click leads through, but not from the albums i don't think
But it can be done, with the photo as hyperlink!

04-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
But it can be done, with the photo as hyperlink!
So this is how it should be done, In my opinion. It is simpe, you can just comment and return to thread, no extra comments to thread it self
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
So this is how it should be done, In my opinion. It is simpe, you can just comment and return to thread, no extra comments to thread it self
Yeah, that makes sense!
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #132
Inactive Account

The only way I am able to do that from an Album photo is to manually remove the 'thumb=1' from the inserted link. Otherwise, Thumbnail only. At that point, it's really 6 of one Half dozen of the other. To post a photo from Flickr, I have to first select the size and then copy the link and post it here. The big difference for me is, the Insert Album Photos under the smilies on the reply window.

Doing the threads and / or albums in March was a good idea in theory but it became a bit of a chore looking at everyones stuff. I Did, but keeping track of who was doing what, got to be a challenge in itself. Like I said, I'll fly whichever way the group does. My photos all go onto flickr anyway and I'm perfectly happy posting them to a daily thread. I think once we get doing so ironed out, the debate currently going on in the April 1 thread will subside and we can get back to posting photos.

04-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #133
Veteran Member

Pffff, the only album thing was a lot easier, but like Eddie & Jeff said, the SIM doing in the group & album seemed a good idea.

The only use of the albums was the easiest thing, that's for sure, but I believe there were people who didn't have any space left anymore for posting pictures in the albums.
I always post my pics on Flickr, so that's not an extra for me, the Challenge group is, but that's not a big problem. I haven't decided what I'm going to do, the thread in the group or the album, but I'm certainly not going to do both. I'll let it rest for a night and see what I'm going to do tomorrow, but the way the thread in the group looks already is quite a mess.
04-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jeff, it's strange your photo doesn't lead to the album, but only to the photo...???
And I like the shot!!!
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #135
Inactive Account

You're right... It now leads at least to the album page. Still have to remove the &thumb=1 to get the full image posted though.

Hound In Flight (HIF) or Hover Dog (HD) (take your pick)

Useful if someone doesn't care to click to see the full photo or comment.