Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Still at Westwood.

John Carsey wrote and produced some of the early versions of "The Tonight Show", and wrote for TV's "Laugh-In".

"Know when to quit".

Actress Jane Greer was perhaps best known as femme fatale Kathie Moffat in the 1947 film noir Out of the Past, but she started as a big-band singer.

Mehasti Dedebala was an Iranian pop singer.

Hy Averback was a radio, TV and film actor, and became a producer and director. He was the voice heard on the loudspeaker on the TV series M*A*S*H.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 06:57 PM.
05-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Westwood.

Character actor Lew Ayres starred in 1930's All Quiet on the Western Front, and is next to the unmarked grave of musical satirist Frank Zappa.

Kate Coscarelli was the author of the bestselling novels Fame and Fortune, Perfect Order, Living Color, Pretty Women, Leading Lady, and Heir Apparent.

Frank Tuttle directed movies such as Roman Sandals, and Island of Lost Women. Singer Roy Orbison is unmarked on the north side.

Franklin Schaffner directed "Planet of the Apes", "Papillon", and "Patton".

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:01 PM.
05-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Mt Sinai.

Actor Lee J. Cobb is probably most famous as the last hold-out juror in "12 Angry Men".

Totie Fields was a comedienne who got her big break on the Ed Sullivan show. Even in poor health, her comedy continued. Always on the heavy side, after amputation of part of her leg she joked she was lighter than Elizabeth Taylor.

Actor Herschel Bernardi won an Emmy as a cop in "Peter Gunn", had his own show "Arnie" in the early 70's, was the voice of Charlie Tuna in Star-Kist ads, and the "Ho, Ho, Ho!" in Green Giant ads.

Born Jesse Marc Weidenfeld, actor Jesse White is best known as the lonely repairman in Maytag TV commercials.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:06 PM.
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good series, keep em coming.

05-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Westwood.

Harry Warren was a songwriter, including "You'll Never Know (Just How Much I Love You)," "I Only Have Eyes for You," "42nd Street," "Chattanooga Choo-Choo," "Serenade in Blue," "Jeepers Creepers," and "You're Getting to be a Habit with Me." He won oscars for "Lullabye of Broadway," "You'll Never Know," and "On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe."

Actor Christopher George starred in TV's "The Rat Patrol," He was married to actress Lynda Day, and was the uncle of "Wheel of Fortune" game-show model Vanna White.

Sidney Sheldon is best remembered for creating popular shows such as "I Dream of Jeannie", and for writing the novels "The Other Side of Midnight" and "Rage of Angels".

Actor Cornel Wilde quit the Olympic fencing team before the 1936 Olympics. Transitioning from actor to director, he did both in "The Naked Prey" in 1966.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:17 PM.
05-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Westwood.

Actor Whit Bissell was the evil doctor in "I was a Teenage Werewolf", the scientist on TV's "The Time Tunnel", and was in "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Hud" and "Seven Days in May".

Born Terryl Lee Andersen, aspiring actress Darbi Winters said she wanted to someday be buried next to Marilyn Monroe. Unfortunately, she got her wish only a few months later after being strangled by her step-father.

Actor J.C. Flippen was in "The Killing" and "Cat Ballou" among others.

Janet Margolin is best known as Lisa in "David and Lisa", and was in "Morituri", and "Take the Money and Run".

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:20 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More from Westwood Village.

Will and Ariel Durant were historians, writers and philosophers. They wrote an 11-volume book "Story of Civilization", which earned a Pulitzer prize.

Georgia Frontiere owned the Rams football team from 1979-2008.
[URL=http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/DzMkDT21jjkuMD/3974343.0/org/p/110508-0301GeorgiaFrontiere.jpg]

Actress Dominique Dunne had cameos in TV's Lou Grant, St. Elsewhere, Chips, Hart-to-Hart, and Fame. Her first movie was "Poltergeist". She was strangled shortly after by her ex-boyfriend.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:23 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hillside memorial park.

Singer/actor Al Jolson, best known from the 1927 movie "The Jazz Singer", has the biggest memorial here.

Al Jolson in the famous "Mammy" pose. He was the first to sell 10 million albums.

And his sarcophagus.

Comedian Milton Berle started life as Mendal Berlinger. "Money can't buy you happiness, but it helps you look for it in a lot more places."

Born Francis Rose Shore, renamed "Dinah" after a favorite song, she started as a singer and ended up as the first female TV variety show host.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:33 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Hillside.

Lorne Greene is probably best known as Ben Cartwright from the "Bonanza" TV show.

Author Irving Wallace. "I have ideas that interest people. I tell stories and readers are hungry for stories. What a lovely thing it is to sit down for three nights and be carried away by a book."

The "Factor family" wall. Father Maximilian Faktorowicz was a Hollywood makeup artist, and Max Jr (originally named Frank) continued the Max Factor cosmetics business. Other family members fill out the area.

Actor Michael Landon is probably best known (depending on your age) as a son on "Bonanza" or the dad on "Little House on the Prairie", or "Highway to Heaven".

Actor David Janssen is best known as "The Fugitive", and also starred as "Harry O".

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:37 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Hillside.

Mark Goodson was 1/2 of the Mark Goodson-Bill Todman TV-gameshow production company.

Actress Suzanne Pleshette played the wife in the first "Bob Newhart Show".

Tom Poston was married to Suzanne Pleshette and also appeared on "The Bob Newhart Show".

Known to us as Jack Benny, Benjamin Kubelsky was a comedian and gifted violinist, though part of his comedy was playing it badly. Robber: "Your money or your life........well?" Jack: "I'm thinking it over!"

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:41 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Valhalla memorial park.

Joe DeRita, as "Curly Joe" was the last member in the various combinations of "The Three Stooges". Not to be confused with "Curly" (died in 1952), or Joe (Besser).

Born Norvell Hardy, Oliver Hardy was the larger half of the "Laurel and Hardy" comedy team.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 07:44 PM.
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills...

Born George Ranft, actor George Raft mostly played gangsters and tough-guy roles, and turned down roles in High Sierra, The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, and Double Indemnity. "I must have gone through $10 million during my career. Part of the loot went for gambling, part for horses and part for women. The rest I spent foolishly."

Right next to George is Frederick Karl Pruetzel, better known as comedian/actor Freddie Prinze. He co-starred in the popular sitcom "Chico and the Man". Drugs, alcohol and a bad marriage caused him to shoot himself at age 22.

Forrest Tucker is perhaps best known from TV's "F Troop" in which he played "Sgt O'Rourke". He started off strong in movies, supporting Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan in "The Westerner", and was in "The Sands of Iwo Jima" with John Wayne.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 08:00 PM.
05-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Forest Lawn, Hollywood.

Albert Broccoli produced many of the "James Bond" movies, among other show-biz jobs.

Actor Rod Steiger was nominated for a supporting actor oscar for "On the Waterfront", nominated for best actor in "The Pawnbroker" and won the best actor oscar for "In the Heat of the Night" with Sidney Poitier.

Eloise Gwendolyn Sanford, better know as actress Isabel Sanford, was "Louise (Weezy) Jefferson" on TV's "All In the Family" and its spin-off "The Jefferson's". She had worked on the stage for 30 years before coming to Hollywood.

Comedian/actor Morey Amsterdam is probably best-known as TV-show writer "Buddy Sorrell" on "The Dick Van Dyke Show", though previously he had a long background in radio and his own TV show.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 10:49 PM.
05-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
More Forest Lawn, Glendale.

Musician Terry Kath played with "Chicago" in the late '60's and most of the 70s. While drunk and playing with a gun, his famous last words were "Don't worry, it's not loaded".

Tadeus Wladyslaw Konopka, better known as white-haired actor Ted Knight. He played Ted Baxter on "The Mary Tyler Moore" show, and the dad on "Too Close For Comfort".

Born Lester Anthony Minnelli, director Vincente Minnelli made "Gigi", "An American in Paris", and "Meet Me in St. Louis".

Comedian Joe E. Brown shares a grave site with other family members. Possibly most-famous for his role as a millionaire in the movie "Some Like It Hot" he uttered the final "Well, nobody's perfect".

Charles See, with his wife and mother (whose picture is on the box) started See's Candy.

"Casey" Stengel, baseball player and coach.

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pacific View.

The Duke, John Wayne was born as Marion Morrison. For many years the grave was unmarked, until 1999. "There's been a lot of stories about how I got to be called Duke. One was that I played the part of a duke in a school play--which I never did. Sometimes, they even said I was descended from royalty! It was all a lot of rubbish. Hell, the truth is that I was named after a dog!"

Last edited by SpecialK; 02-12-2015 at 08:10 PM.